Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum

I wouldn’t call Flores “a fast riser in an elite organization”, considering he’s been with the Patriots since 2004 and was just elevated to DC this season.

I read Armando's tweet that initial interviews have been shorter than normal, ~2hrs.

I like that, whatever Ross and Grier are looking for and prioritizing, it's not taking all day.

Miami's job may seem "unattractive' due to lack of Qb and initial salary cap gridlock. However on the "attractive" side I personally feel like it's not coming with a lot of strings attached. Everyone can see what is missing and what needs to be filled, what resources there are, and who the G.M. is. Cards are all out on the table.

I read Armando's tweet that initial interviews have been shorter than normal, ~2hrs.

I like that, whatever Ross and Grier are looking for and prioritizing, it's not taking all day.

Absolutely. How can it possibly take all day, unless the guy starts asking where to live and they continue interviewing him during a tour of those areas.

Three or five major priorities and areas of exploration are far superior to 100 scattergun flails.

I would like a young ultra sharp guy who understands the value of an elite quarterback in this era as opposed to the dullard approach of building a team step by step. He also needs to value a big strong team, as Slimm has emphasized countless times. We can't continue to be thin and oddly framed at so many positions. Dallas Goedert was bouncing off players who would have sent Gesicki to the injury report. Alabama and Clemson look more like a pro team than the Dolphins.

Then you blend the fast skill position guys around the ruggedness. He should also prioritize character and self-motivated types. We have so many guys I wouldn't want, based on their social media posts alone. Albert Wilson stood out as an exception. Seattle was able to rebound quickly largely because they look for the self-motivated types, along with proper frames at every position, like 32 inch arms at cornerback. The Dolphins of my youth were incredibly smart and self-motivated. They were devastated upon defeat, instead of Tannehill with his bland post-game responses, fitting alongside the unconcerned jog off the field after yet another 3 and out.

I was foolish enough to believe the Dolphins would always be among the sharpest and most determined teams in the league.

Obviously I always value early excellence as opposed to evaluating a player strictly based on recency. Far too much danger of being fooled if you only evaluate that brief window and not how a player has always fared in relation to his peers.

Miami's job may seem "unattractive' due to lack of Qb and initial salary cap gridlock. However on the "attractive" side I personally feel like it's not coming with a lot of strings attached. Everyone can see what is missing and what needs to be filled, what resources there are, and who the G.M. is. Cards are all out on the table.
I think you need more than two hours with a guy who's going to be the face of your franchise for at least three years. First interviews can be short. Make sure he's not a mouth breather and can form complete sentences. It's the second round of interviews they should be more extensive. Get down to the nuts and bolts of the his plan, wine and dine him, go over the list of stupid **** he's done in his life. I remember during the Gase hiring, Ross bragged about how extensive his search was, even had a some stats to show how many phone calls he made. I'm sure there will be more lauded phone charts and time exhausted on this search when they are introducing the next coach.

Well, I think the idea is that the first interview -- especially for playoff coaches -- is more about gauging interest and seeing if the coach's plans align with the team's plans at a very broad level.

Richard already has a second interview lined up, and Rizzi has an interview coming up as well. I would assume that those will be much more in-depth interviews which will take several hours.

So I guess Coach Flores is moving at 9 m / s2, wow pretty cool, Gaining Momentum. I really have contempt for these reporters, they just make stuff up, and hope it sticks. Kinda like the exploding Pickup trucks in the 70's - 80's.

The Ever Hating The Media VIPER

I hope the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl so if forces the Dolphins to move to Richard instead.

I hope the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl so if forces the Dolphins to move to Richard instead.

I just hope that whoever we hire is good. I think we are going about this in a totally flawed manner, that's my beef here.

If Brian Flores is the guy, then he's got 100% of my support to begin with. If he's gonna be the coach of my favorite football team, I'm going to do everything I can as a fan to help him succeed. And that everything I can do as a fan is "go on the internet and rant and rave like a lunatic."

Flores’ interview was much longer than two hours. It bled into the following morning, by far our longest interview.

Richard is overrated. He got fired while he was the DC with the Seahawks and I watched almost all the games since my fiancé is a diehard hawks fan. Hard pass from me.

In your opinion since you watched so many of those hawks games what did Richard do or not do in those games that eventually got him fired? What was the fatal flaw.

This franchise never ceases to amaze with its terrible decision-making.

I hate the idea of Kris Richard, but I’d prefer hiring him about 100x more than Flores.

Exactly. Just hate whatever move they make. More than likely it won't pan out.

Back
Top Bottom