Adam Gase Needs To Go!!! Immediately!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase Needs To Go!!! Immediately!!!

i'll keep him for another year, i don't see another good HC on the market.

Things have to change at some level though

I really hope they move on from gase, guy is a blithering moron with zero leadership skills .. he rode Peyton's career to this job and has been a complete abject failure nothing has improved since he got here .

things need to change, you cant have players saying the team wasn't prepared, that is just insanity

we have to find another unknown assistant coach willing to fall on Tannys sword if the situation calls for it. if we can find another one.

I'd wanted Dan Campbell & some good, veteran coordinators. Instead....we got Adam Gase. 3 years in and the team still sucks. Lots of veteran QB's to choose from this off-season and we'll probably stick with RT. We could go after Campbell again, seeing that he's having great success in New Orleans and will probably eventually become a head coach.....but we won't go after him. Ross is ****ing brain dead. This team is most likely....going to suck for another 2 decades.

The Dolphins just seem like they are the same, 50/50 record, mediocre, just like when Gase was hired, time to move on..IMO next year will be more of the same if it still is Gase and Co.

I won't be shocked or overly offended if he goes.

I'd keep him one more year...I think we need a new QB...and I think Gase needs to continue to improve and do some soul searching this offseason.

Gase is young, and that's an asset in this league. If he gets it together we can have some long overdue consistency within our franchise. Would be a blessing.

Golly let's stop the nonsense...

Gase was specifically brought in to create a high flying high scoring O and

in that respect (3 YEARS IN THE PROGRAM) he has resoundingly failed!

>>> FYI 10 points on O today!

And we're like what >>> no. 29 on O in the league!

Beyond that -- you can easily debate 50% of his wins with Miami were the result of

good fortune/luck -- and NOT anything that's actually sustainable/viable. I think he needs to go

(along with the idiot Tbum who brought him in) and get a LEGIT REAL N F L HC!

No more on-the-job trainees.

I honestly believe our "problems" have a LOT more to do with coaching/planning than

dudes on the roster. Gase can't use personnel worth a flying $hit!

He sucks! And needs to go!

Actually, Philbin promised Ross an explosive, dynamic, high-scoring offense, so in essence Gase is a continuation of Philbin. And, that explosive, high-scoring offense over the past 7 years sure has been filled with a lot of short passes near, at, or behind the line of scrimmage with very little scoring (especially in the first quarter and most of the second). Seems to me that both Philbin and Gase did the opposite of what they said they'd do. It's not surprising; neither coach was impressive as an OC (Manning was the real OC not Gase, and Philbin never called the plays in Green Bay). Both had absolutely no experience being "The Man" at any level, and (after Mike Sherman) both had to rely on assistants with no experience at their new positions... the blind leading the blind.

My thinking is that if Harbaugh (John or Jim) become available or express interest, we will make a change. Otherwise, I think we'll stick with Gase and someone like Burke, Grier, Tannenbaum, etc. will be made the sacrificial lamb.

I actually agree with this.

And I wouldn't exactly call Burke a lamb in this scenario. He's more like a wounded duck.

you have to be pussified to be able to apply to be D HC its a longstanding D tradition.

Ladies, I can sum up every deficiency the Dolphins have had for almost the entire past 10 years:

Leadership.

Have you ever had that friend that always failed in life, yet always had an excuse? It was always someone else's fault, right? He/she just never had the right chance, remember?

But he/she was always quick with the apologies and "do better next times". Yes?

This is your sports friend: The Miami Dolphins.

Remember your conclusions about your real life friend? It IS his/her fault. He/she IS the reason. He/she will ALWAYS have an excuse

So, how does that lesson explain The Miami Dolphins? Quite simply, there is no one accountable. No leadership. No one, with power, that will accept nothing less than success.

Tell tell signs:
  • Fold under the pressure of national media or ability to control division or own playoff destiny
  • Win improbable games when everyone has counted them out (i.e. no pressure)
  • Has no solution for repetitive problems (OL, Run D, Running Game, etc)
  • Cannot dominate an opposing team on either side of the ball
  • Cannot win a game based solely on QB performance
  • Has no vocal leaders in the huddle and on the field
  • Has no leader who will accept full blame AND show progress
  • (insert other indicators here)

I remember wanting Tom Coughlin to mentor Dan Campbell. Dan is a leader. The problem many fans felt was too much to overcome was Dan's lack of "genius" on either side of the ball.

The lesson, however, is Dan HAS what every coach we have hired doesn't have. You can't teach leadership. It is either there or it isn't.

Dan is a manager. He is a coach who needed coordinators around him. But he can feel the pulse of his team and keep them ready to win.

What we have in leadership is a bunch of guys looking to everyone else for leadership. We have people in leadership roles with leadership titles, but no leadership. Ross can spend money, but doesn't know football. TB can spend money, but can't identify talent or leadership. Gase is a quiet cerebral, he can get mad when things don't work, but he can't lead. He's too busy figuring out X's and O's to lead. RT has been beat to hell and is now shell shocked. But even when he was able and confident, he still lacked true leadership. It had to be given to him.

Rizzi is a motivator and leader. But lacks the position, title and power to lead the team.

Fans just wanting RT to be cut are missing the point.
Fans just wanting TB and Co fired are missing the point.
Fans just wanting Gase fired are missing the point.
Fans just wanting Burke fired are missing the point.

They all need to go.

I'm an RT fan and love the kids story, resilience and tough-as-nails ability to keep getting up for my team. But he is shell-shocked and it is time for us to move on.

I'm tired of "up and coming" and "new kid on the block" hires. I'm tired of us getting cute trying to re-invent football.

I want proven winners who can lead bringing back the moxie of The Miami Dolphins organization.

Unless Ross dies, he is going to be the owner. But when we get a "Dan Marino" mentality in the Executive offices who can pick other "Dan Marino" types at GM, HC and Staff, we will start to see real progress.

Tom Coughlin came knocking on our door and we still had Dan Campbell in the building. Dan is from Tom's tree. Unfortunately, we got star crossed thinking some young guy who had barely learned how to lace up his football cleats was going to fix the entire organization. When he didn't have the experience or knowledge to do it.

We need a proven man at the top of the food chain. Followed by other men who can lead. And aren't afraid to do it.

Anyone for an Oklahoma Drill?

I'm tired of finessing football. Let's get in the trenches and knock people's helmets off. It's time we got back to grown man football.

I agree with all this..great post imo

Back
Top Bottom