Adam Schefter says Pennington Dolphin or Chief. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter says Pennington Dolphin or Chief.

Ill give you that, but he played effectively after those two surgeries.

Um answer me this what do you expect from a QB who gave up snaps to Culpepper and was playing WR in Detroit where just about everyone has started at QB, even MCmahonthe kid from Rutgers.

Define "effectively" because the offense was pretty bad. I'm usually quite the proponent of the QB rating but in Chad's case he does manage to pervert yards per completion to such a large degree that even a QB rating can be misleading.

Still, probably better than McCown.

Problem is though, thats not really what you are chosing. If McCown were here he would probably be on the bench part, if not all of the year

If it were chad- well you are probably chosing to sit both our rookie quarterbacks a year, maybe two

I can only hope! I don't want to see McCown on the field ever. I would like to see Henne sit for the year like Carson Palmer did his rookie season. Why rush him? The Phins are still rebuilding. I hope to see Beck do well. Let him compete with Chad for the starting spot. If one gets hurt, or can't cut it, bring in the other.

I hear what you're saying though. I just feel like McCown is a waste of a roster spot though.

Man I can't wait for the day the QB position is finally settled.

I can only hope! I don't want to see McCown on the field ever. I would like to see Henne sit for the year like Carson Palmer did his rookie season. Why rush him? The Phins are still rebuilding. I hope to see Beck do well. Let him compete with Chad for the starting spot. If one gets hurt, or can't cut it, bring in the other.

I hear what you're saying though. I just feel like McCown is a waste of a roster spot though.

Man I can't wait for the day the QB position is finally settled.

but its next year when GOOD ENOUGH gives him another chance at the helm thats really the thing that scares me if we take chad we are not rebuilding- we are in the same mode we have been in since 1999

but its next year when GOOD ENOUGH gives him another chance at the helm thats really the thing that scares me if we take chad we are not rebuilding- we are in the same mode we have been in since 1999

Look ask yourself honestly who is projected to be our starter. The answer would be McCown. He would most likely play until pulled for mistakes, something Parcells is famous for. If you are not producing he will pull you and I think Sparano would do the samething.

I think Chad gives you a better chance to win, Im not saying he is the saviour our that he will take us to the superbowl. I just want him here so he can help us win some games. Next year CHad take a back seat and Henne come in or Beck if he is still here.

The team still has a lot of holes to fill next year. If Chad can put a few more wins on the board, I'm all for it. Mainly though, any position we can upgrade at any time I'm all for. I'm more against McCown than I am for Chad. It's an upgrade imo. Like I said, I hope Beck pans out. I think he could. But what if he doesn't? McCown ends up playing and no good can come of that. At least if Chad comes in, he would be a better mentor to Beck and Henne than McCown. If Chad gets hurt or just sucks, at least there is still hope. With McCown, there is no hope.:(

McCown is not a Vet. He probably has as much Rookie mentality as Henne and Beck. The guy started for the Cards, dissapeared in Detroit. and then went on to lose snap to Culpepper. Pennington has won in this league and was a field goal away from an AFC Championship game. Plus the guy has the attitude of a winner and is a leader. Well seee. were Chad ends up, im hoping it is in Miami, cause right now week one is really worrying me.

I was over on a few boards.. And let me tell you, on a couple boards Jets fans started threads about Miami showing interest in Pennington.

And let me tell you, they are scared sh__less of that happening. They are making comments left and right like- "Please, Pennington don't go to Miami. I know you probably are angered by our FO and want revenge but don't do it within our division and to our most legendary rivals"

And comments like- "I swear, if we have to face him twice a year I will cry for months and months. I want him to go to Minny"

Now, why do you think Jets fans are so damn scared of him going to Miami.. BECAUSE THEY KNOW DAMN WELL THAT HE'S GOOD !!!

THATS the Bottomline !

there does seem to be considerable respect for his being a gamer, willingness to play hurt (which he is/was often), his intelligence and devotion on these boards from what I can see, but there also seems to be an overall realistic relief that he's being replaced by Favre to finally open up too conservative a game mandated by his limitations - like a long time weight has been lifted.

For every slavishly devotional jests fan's post you can find, there's a post representative of this greengang forum poster:

"Million dollar head, ten cent arm......... don't let the door hit ya.... LOL.
thumbsup-1.gif
"

And as far as their perspective of Chad as a Fin, from what I can read on 3 different boards is that this revulsion is more based on a respect for him as a gamer and resulting aversion to seeing him in a despised enemy's uni.. not unlike those Dolfans who felt ZT had little left in the tank but in principle prayed not to see him in a Patsie's uni. more so than concern he's gonna make us a competitive conference opponent.

....and that's the other side of the coin.

Now for the record, unlike those who actively root against certain Fins teammates, although I think this is as big a mistake as was Trent Green, once Noodles puts on a Fins uniform, I will root for his success, realistically expecting another fiasco, but now hoping for the best possible outcomes.

35iynsw-1.gif

Just a quick question- how many shoulder reconstruction surguries has McCown had?

McClown has needed brain reconstruction surgery for years, but most figured it was a waste of a time. It's like comedian Ron White always says: "You can't fix stupid."

For those downplaying this, the Dolphins are being really agressive when it comes to Penington. Apparently his agent was contected before Peningotn was even released. Wether we sign him or not Parcells wants Penington, he did have Bledsoe and Testaverde while Dallas went threw there rebuilding process. People dont remember, but Dallas was pretty bad when Parcells was brought in to build there coach.

The Dolphins reportedly contacted agent Tom Condon even before Pennington was released.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

For those downplaying this, the Dolphins are being really agressive when it comes to Penington. Apparently his agent was contected before Peningotn was even released. Wether we sign him or not Parcells wants Penington, he did have Bledsoe and Testaverde while Dallas went threw there rebuilding process. People dont remember, but Dallas was pretty bad when Parcells was brought in to build there coach.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Great now we have a tampering charge to look forward to on top of everything

Wonder what draft pick we will lose

Tannenbum is a disciple of Parcells and could have allowed Penington to speak with Miami before being released.

I have to think that the only criteria the FO used to bring in McCown was that he had actual "game experience"....and more than Beck.

I mean there had to be some other FA QB floating around out there somewhere that was better than McCown right?

Back
Top Bottom