Adrian McPherson???? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian McPherson????

knight6jb said:
huh?:confused:
Exactly, this guy is a stud and will be a great pickup, better IMO than smith or Rodgers, thats right I said it and i hope we take a shot on him.

TeeMoney said:
'cause he lost. He gambled on his future, lost, and now his agents and advisors are trying to convince you that it has no bearing on who he is now. But it does. He played in 11 college football games. He was a back-up to Rix, and only played when Rix was hurt. He played in the Arena league, which is like a county fair compared to the Cirque-du-soleil. His football intelligence is highly suspect.

he was a freakin freshan when he backed up rix. wtf does that point prove???

I think anyone who has a free ride to one the best football schools in the nation and throws it all away to forge a check and gamble is not the decision maker in the world. You're right he definately has more physical talent than Smith, but just like most pro's actions in from the past seem to be strong indicators of future actions. I hope for the best for this kid and for everything to work out for him, but decisions off the field like this make me question his thought process.

Ark139954 said:
y casue he gambles...it doesnt mean hes stupid. i really hope we get him, he will be the next great qb to play in the nfl. I am sure he will be better than alex smith.

i hope we draft him and he quiets his doubters. some of you guys act like you have been saints your whole life. most of you are hypocrites

AD is an absolute gifted athelete. The guy was Mr. Football and Mr. Basketball in the state of Florida in his senior year of high school. He has an absolute cannon for an arm, and although he may not be Mike Vick when it comes to running (who is anyways?) he is wthout a doubt a very mobile quarterback that can make things happen outside of the pocket.

I don't know where all these haters asking about AD's passing are coming from, because besides his arm strength and natural athletic ability, the guys biggest assest is that he simply doesnt turn the ball over, he has a ludarcris TD/INT ratio of 61/5... let me repeat that so it sinks in...61 TDS TO 5 INTS in the 2004 AFL season. Granted that this is in the AFL, but that is absolutly insane. He also finished with a QB rating of 119.6 and a completion percentage 59.7% (not too shabby)

Yes, McPherson is a project, and yes he is a gamble, but he is a diamond in the rough, and could be an absolute steal in the draft at the third round

Did anyone watch Sportscenter? They had a really good thing in AD. I really believe he has done every thing he could to atone for what he did in the past.

DonShula84 said:
I wouldnmt mind drafting this guy, but it seems like he is being really overhyped for some reason. He wasnt all that impressive in his 1 year of college football imo

But he was impressive in arena football! 80+ passing TDs 19 rushing TDs. thats impressive

Mailbag: McPherson is far more of a risk than Clarett

Mailbag: McPherson is far more of a risk than Clarett
April 14, 2005

Dan Pompei
Sporting News

I don't understand why you don't think Adrian McPherson would be a good late-round pick for the Cowboys or any team. You say his playing ability has not justified the hype he has received, but this guy was a Mr. Football of his state in high school and Mr. Basketball. He showed some things when he did get the chance to play at FSU.

Plus, last year in the Arena League he had 65 touchdowns to five interceptions. It might not be the NFL, but that to me is pretty good in any league. He also had a good showing at the Combine and in his private workout. Yeah, he has some baggage, but so does Maurice Clarett, who you say has considerable potential under his prospect analysis.

So why take a chance on Clarett, who didn't even play anywhere last two years and had some legal issues himself? Plus, his Combine workout was a bust after walking off the field after his slow time in the 40. And why do you not take a chance on McPherson in the late rounds?

I am not saying McPherson is or isn't going to be a star, but with a weak QB class compared to other years, he could be worth the risk in the late rounds.
-- Frank Rudolf,
Monticello, Iowa

Frank:

If I were doing the drafting, I wouldn't touch McPherson because of the character concerns. It isn't fair to compare McPherson's baggage with Clarett's baggage. There is baggage, and then there is baggage.

Let's review: McPherson was charged with gambling on his own team's games. He was charged with stealing a blank check and cashing it. He was kicked off his college team. Clarett might not be Mother Theresa, but he is not a criminal. Furthermore, McPherson is far from a sure thing at quarterback, as some have made him out to be. He barely played at Florida State, having failed to beat out Chris Rix, a quarterback who might not get drafted.

I don't want to hear about what McPherson did in the Arena League. In the 19-team league, 15 quarterbacks who made the minimum number of attempts completed a higher percentage of their passes. Seven threw for more yards per game. And three had a better passer rating. No one is talking about Mark Grieg, Tony Graziani or Clint Dolezel about being the next Michael Vick, are they? They outperformed McPherson in nearly every category.

At this point, McPherson is more of an athlete than a quarterback and didn't test anywhere near as spectacularly at the Combine as some thought he might. At best, he is a developmental prospect with some interesting tools. But in my estimation, developmental prospects aren't worth your time unless you can trust them.

Dan:

Im so tired of everyone saying that McPherson hasnt proved anything, or hes a bad seed, or too much of a risk... Look, he screwed up at what 19, 20 years old?? Who out of us didnt do that? He was around some bad people that influenced him, and it was too bad Bobby Bowden (god love my Noles) didnt see it before hand and got him out of that or you would have been talking about this kid for Heisman instead of freaking Jason White or Linehert because he would have started the next 2 years. Yes, he didnt play that much in college, but when he did, he didnt do that bad of a job. And then he went to the AFL which has more talent than 98% of the college level, and he tore it up... I believe it was 61 TDs and 5 picks?? He mobile, has a ridiculous arm, and if given the right coaching could end up being one of the steals of the draft IMO. Give the kid a break... Im waiting for him to prove all the doubters wrong.

knight6jb said:
I've seen him play HS, College, and AFL. I think he gonna be great in 2 years or so. He has all the tools for a great IMHO. I have a gut feeling he will be playing in Arizona, I think Denny Green is gonna trade down in the second and scoop him up before we even have a chance, but I would love him here, the only QB I want from this draft.
me too,@ the only qb part

i guess dan pompei is god? ill take a guy like deberg's opinion over pompei's. deberg has actaully played in this league and knows what it takes to make it. he gave AD a ringing endorsement

HVACservice said:
Well, after that response I concede this debate to you.

That sort of in-depth, thorough analysis left me literally speechless.

Great Job.

You are an asset to the FinHeaven community.

HVACservice

So you are not buying in to the "Because I said so" theory?

:rolleyes:

Doktor Ivel said:
he may be faster and could throw farther......but hes not as smart, and hes obviously not a Team player
How can you say that he's not a smart player, or a team player, he never got the chance to display what intangibles he really possess because of the gambling incident, but he did show that he has the ability to make quick decisions and read in the arena league. so you can't really say that he doesn't possess certain intangibles needed for the NFL, you can only go by what he has done, dispite his early mistakes..

Seminole51 said:
Im so tired of everyone saying that McPherson hasnt proved anything, or hes a bad seed, or too much of a risk... Look, he screwed up at what 19, 20 years old?? Who out of us didnt do that? He was around some bad people that influenced him, and it was too bad Bobby Bowden (god love my Noles) didnt see it before hand and got him out of that or you would have been talking about this kid for Heisman instead of freaking Jason White or Linehert because he would have started the next 2 years. Yes, he didnt play that much in college, but when he did, he didnt do that bad of a job. And then he went to the AFL which has more talent than 98% of the college level, and he tore it up... I believe it was 61 TDs and 5 picks?? He mobile, has a ridiculous arm, and if given the right coaching could end up being one of the steals of the draft IMO. Give the kid a break... Im waiting for him to prove all the doubters wrong.

If you think that the arena league has more talent than college....then why don't the teams in the NFL draft from the arena league....the answer is simple...college is were the talent is....the arena league is where the players who couldn't get drafted or couldn't make it in the NFL go to make a living.
NFLE is more alike the minors system....I wonder what that makes the arena league....Pee Wee? They don't play anything like pro NFL football in the arena....anyone who watch's it once knows that.

sodenj5 said:
...he has a ludarcris TD/INT ratio of 61/5... let me repeat that so it sinks in...61 TDS TO 5 INTS in the 2004 AFL season. Granted that this is in the AFL,

You need to calm down buddy, no one is angry at the pro-Mcpherson group but you guys sure are defensive about the guy. I snipped these stats you were kind enough to show to us. You were also very generous in stating that this was all done in the AFL. There are 3rd string NFL qb's that can light-up the AFL, my friend. Ludarcris? Indeed.

Back
Top Bottom