Adrian McPherson???? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian McPherson????

jbond said:
IMHO he may be better then Rodgers or Smith and the ONLY thing that is holding him back is his "gambling" past. Whoopee....he made a bet somewhere....who gives a flying ----? I don't. He's matured since then anyways and has proven himself more in the AFL. Too bad he did the gambling bit earlier on cuz it would have been nice to see him finish out at FSU.

He also stole a check and forged a signature on it. Its not just gambling, the guy was a thief.

point taken. hopefully he's grown up since then and realized that he can make ALOT more money being legit then screwing around w/chump change forged checks.

I would definitely take him with our third round pick if he lasts that long. If we pick up multiple picks in a trade, I would spend a second round pick on him. I really don't know if he will be a stud or a bust, but what the hell.

dolfan_101 said:
How would you feel if the fins drafted this future stud??? I think that he would be an excellent pick up in 2nd or 3rd round. He is very athletic and could be a future star on our team.

I've been high on McPherson, but just saw his wonderlich scores...was kinda dissapointed in that...smarts are as big a part of successful QBing as anything else...

Surferosa said:
Heres a post I wrote about McPherson in another thread. Im all for "gambling" on him:

Unless you are advocating a QB by commitee (Spurrier style) then your analysis is directly opposed to Saban's intentions. He picks the best player that fits his system. An innacurate, unintelligent, running QB does NOT fit Linehan's system at all and would be a complete waste in trying to develop. If Vick-like QB'ing is what you envision, well, you won't get it in Miami. There are more and more people believing that Vick is all legs and no brains.

Saban doesn't need to "gamble" on this kid. Let him go back to the AFL, or become a WR.

I think a lot of the people who were disinterested in bringing in Feeley, who was a gamble, are some of the same people who want to bring in McPherson, which doesn't really make that much sense. He is easily the biggest question mark in the draft, and probably one of the biggest ever. I'm thinking he would be quite a lengthy project, and I'm not so sure he'd be worth it in the end. If he was available really late I'd consider it, maybe..........

DiepatriotsDie said:
I think a lot of the people who were disinterested in bringing in Feeley, who was a gamble, are some of the same people who want to bring in McPherson, which doesn't really make that much sense. He is easily the biggest question mark in the draft, and probably one of the biggest ever. I'm thinking he would be quite a lengthy project, and I'm not so sure he'd be worth it in the end. If he was available really late I'd consider it, maybe..........

To some, athletic ability is the prime evaluation for a prospect. I don't believe it applies to the QB position as much as it does the WR or RB positions on offense. Mcpherson is a gifted athlete with a strong arm and explosive running. That doesn't always (never?) translate to the NFL. It's Vick envy.

Adrien reminds me of Aarron Brooks, all the talent in the world for a QB, but the mental capacity of a gerbil. It is also reminicent of Cecil Collins, pure talent, but a mental midget.

South Florida said:
He'll be gone...

Yeah, gone to Atlantic City or Las Vegas. Or, maybe he's one of those "on-line" gamblers... which, somehow, makes it safe gambling :rolleyes: . If there's one real positive in drafting Mcpherson, he can help with the odds in future trades.

finsrule84 said:
he won't last untill the 4th. in fact, i'm kinda scared he's going to be gone by the time we pick in the third

seriously this guy could be Saban's Tom Brady
i agree 100%

D-bolt said:
Adrien reminds me of Aarron Brooks, all the talent in the world for a QB, but the mental capacity of a gerbil. It is also reminicent of Cecil Collins, pure talent, but a mental midget.
y casue he gambles...it doesnt mean hes stupid. i really hope we get him, he will be the next great qb to play in the nfl. I am sure he will be better than alex smith.

Ark139954 said:
y casue he gambles...it doesnt mean hes stupid.

'cause he lost. He gambled on his future, lost, and now his agents and advisors are trying to convince you that it has no bearing on who he is now. But it does. He played in 11 college football games. He was a back-up to Rix, and only played when Rix was hurt. He played in the Arena league, which is like a county fair compared to the Cirque-du-soleil. His football intelligence is highly suspect.

and his wonderlic isn't so bad. he got what, a 26? didn't this one QB that played for us from '83 to '99 score way less on his wonderlic?

With the miami dolphins third pick they choose Adrian Mcpherson along with #2 pick ronnie brown and there second there getting for surtain if they do a safety

Back
Top Bottom