Adrian McPherson???? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian McPherson????

HVACservice said:
Well, after that response I concede this debate to you.

That sort of in-depth, thorough analysis left me literally speechless.

Great Job.

You are an asset to the FinHeaven community.
its ok:wink:

to the guy who said this could be saban's tom brady, dude stay off the crack, that stuff kills..........

adrian is a joke, he never did jack at fsu except for cost fsu the acc title by purposely playing like crap at ncst and winning some bet on the game....

he would be a bigger loser to get on the team than ricky was ........

and to say hes comparable to mexico in atl is maybe true, im sure both have herpes but skill wise vick is far more superior.......

FuturePhin said:
Because taking a risk, when nobody else would, could prove to be a great one. Whats the point of anything if you dont have a little risk involved?? You wont get anywhere.

There are a lot of players that will be available at our 3rd round pick that are more likely to be solid players for a long time than Adrian McPherson. He lit it up in the AFL, but then everybody lights it up in the AFL. College performance was avg. Maybe a little above. Serious character issues.
He's worth a gamble, but not a 3rd round gamble. If we take a QB in the 3rd, Id rather it be Kyle Orton than Adrian McPherson

MoFinz said:
the same people riding McPheresons jock are the ones that think Marcus Vick would be a first day pick if he had dropped out after his legal problems.

No they aren't. :shakeno:

patsdynasty said:
to the guy who said this could be saban's tom brady, dude stay off the crack, that stuff kills..........

adrian is a joke, he never did jack at fsu except for cost fsu the acc title by purposely playing like crap at ncst and winning some bet on the game....

Oh great, a Pats fan who thinks he knows it all. :rolleyes:

Doktor Ivel said:
yea.....I think that McPherson is highly talented...i just dont think hes had anough expiriance for the NFL.....

He isnt going to be a player who comes in and starts right away.

patsdynasty said:

well before he was drafted, Brady was supposed to be a bigger loser.
oh and one more thing:

29-28, b*tch

MoFinz said:
the same people riding McPheresons jock are the ones that think Marcus Vick would be a first day pick if he had dropped out after his legal problems.

McPhereson has talent. He also has a laundry list of problems, not the least of which is his lack of experience against top rate competition. I wouldnt waste anything more than a 6th round pick on him. He's gonna need at least a year or two in Europe as well as toting a clipboard. No need to over pay the 3rd stringer

:shakeno:

IMHO he may be better then Rodgers or Smith and the ONLY thing that is holding him back is his "gambling" past. Whoopee....he made a bet somewhere....who gives a flying ----? I don't. He's matured since then anyways and has proven himself more in the AFL. Too bad he did the gambling bit earlier on cuz it would have been nice to see him finish out at FSU.

jbond said:
IMHO he may be better then Rodgers or Smith and the ONLY thing that is holding him back is his "gambling" past. Whoopee....he made a bet somewhere....who gives a flying ----? I don't. He's matured since then anyways and has proven himself more in the AFL. Too bad he did the gambling bit earlier on cuz it would have been nice to see him finish out at FSU.

Thats what I am saying, how many of you didnt ever get into any kind of trouble when you were younger??? He has admitted he messed up, and he is trying to move on. He took another route after making his mistake and dominated the AFL, yea its not much but its a start, I would be more than willing to welcome him to Miami!

good thing I'm not trying to be an athlete for a profession or any of my previous on-line 'gambling' on certain Sunday's....through various sites may mean I'm a "bad person" and I have "character issues". lol Boy it's a good thing I don't play the office fantasy football pool / league or maybe I wouldn't be trustworthy.....

Heres a post I wrote about McPherson in another thread. Im all for "gambling" on him:

1) With regards to the Dolphins team needs, we already have a prototypical pocket-passing QB that may well be the answer to our QB problems. While Im not convinced about Feeley yet, you'll agree with me that he remains a possibility. So much in fact that most posters dont feel that we need to pick a QB in round one. Rather than select ANOTHER QB in the same mold (Greene, Walter, Orton, Orlovsky etc), I can see Saban trying to diversify his QB options by going in a completely different direction. And AM is a different kind of QB - a QB that teams need to gameplan for MUCH DIFFERENTLY. And if theres one thing we know for certain about Saban (and theres not much we definitely know about the guy) - its that he likes to mix up both his schemes and personnel to keep oppossing teams guessing.

2) With regards to his running ability, I particuarly like that he ran among the fastest cone times of ANY player that worked out this spring. That means hes not just fast, but hes incredibly agile. And my guess is that Saban likes it too. He played Marcus Randall extensively last year, another athletic QB that can make plays with his legs. He also recruited (and LSU eventually signed) ANOTHER dual threat QB in Ryan Perrilloux. So Saban cerainly has a sweet tooth for mobile QB's. As one of only five teams to attend McPherson's private workout, Im guessing he is on Saban's radar.

3) With regards to McPherson's passing ability, forget his Florida St numbers. Thats not why Im interested in him. I like his AFL play, which I take quite seriously. He ran a wide open offense to perfection, where quick decisions needed to be made on a small (and short) field. Kurt Warner started that way as well. That shows me that McPherson DOES have the tools to throw the ball with accuracy. Now, can he throw the 12 yard slant consistetly? I dont know. Can he read defenses and find his 3rd and and 4th targets? Again, I dont know. But truth be told, we dont know if Aaron Rodgers can do those things either. Thats why he makes sense in the third and not the first.

In short, this move DOES make sense. AM in the third is a good investment that hedges our bets with young Feeley still in the fold. It doesnt neglect our QB needs, but doesnt overemphasize them either.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it.

HVACservice said:
oh ya...back to the subject...

IMO, McPherson is going to end up as the best QB in this draft.

If he is there at our early 3rd round pick and we do not take a "flyer" on him.....:fire:

He very well could be........some analyst have him being drafted as early as the end of the 1st round / beginning of the 2nd. I would be extremely surprised if he's still around in the 3rd round.

Back
Top Bottom