AFC East breakdown | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East breakdown

those are great meaningless fantasy stats but when daunte starts his team is 6 games UNDER .500 and he has just 2 PO appearances in the weak NFC and in Minny when Daunte was a memebr of the Vikes and missed games he Vikes were 4 games OVER .500.

All those pretty #s for Trent Green rsulted in ZERO playoff wins and 2 playoff appearances(last year Huard got them in position, KC was much worse w/ Green and he was awful in th playoffs).

Since Chad became the starter for the jets in 2002 th Jets are 31-22 when he starts and 8-19 when he does not and Chad has 3 PO appearances despite MUCH fewer starts than the other 2. You can have your meaningless fantasy #s, I'll take the wins and that's why you won't win w/ either QB.

Blah, blah, blah.....

Chad played on a team with a defense. Just because the QBs that replaced the often injured Pennington sucked, that doesn't make Pennington a great QB.

If Culpepper or Green put up Pennington's numbers, you'd claim the teams won in spite of them.

By the way, during Chad;s best year he led a team out from a 1-4, 205 hole to win a division where the last place team was 8-8 while in Daunte's "best" year he led his eam to an 8-8 record in a division w/ ONE inning team an a conf that sen TWO .500 teams to the playoffs and Green's "best" year he led his team to a 7-9 record 5 games behind the ivision leader that Chad, w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder, beat on the road in the playoffs.

I realize it's hard for you to understand, but the job of the offense is to score points. When a Pennington led team is anything more than average, let me know.

Ha give me LT and Gates and I will be known for my offensive coaching abilities...

Did they have a good offense or not?

You didnt assume miami would get better qb play? You ranked them tied with the jets. The current state of affairs says they are in the worst situation right now and until culpepper gets healthy or they get green they are a 1.

I gave two scenarios. Please read more carefully. Not only did I consider the other scenario, I actually lowered the offensive scores of other postions if the QB play doesn't improve.

green or Culpepper at their best are not better than a healthy Chad

Now that I disagree with. When healthy, Green and Culpepper are good QB's. I'm a Chad fan, but he isn't in some super-elite QB.

I think you are really discounting those QB's when healthy. I certainly wouldn't say your statement with such conviction.

Now that I disagree with. When healthy, Green and Culpepper are good QB's. I'm a Chad fan, but he isn't in some super-elite QB.

I think you are really discounting those QB's when healthy. I certainly wouldn't say your statement with such conviction.

Well said. Brady is an elite QB. Culpepper and Green have put in a couple of elite seasons each. Pennington is solid but unspectacular.

Did they have a good offense or not?

I gave two scenarios. Please read more carefully. Not only did I consider the other scenario, I actually lowered the offensive scores of other postions if the QB play doesn't improve.

I like how you say one thing then say the opposite.

When I say Thomas Jones is better than ronnie brown is because of his oline and he played on the bears. Then when someone said Chad was good and winning games, it was because he had a good defense.
Now when I say Cameron was a good offensive coordinator because of LT, you say he was good wasnt he?

I like how you say one thing then say the opposite.

When I say Thomas Jones is better than ronnie brown is because of his oline and he played on the bears. Then when someone said Chad was good and winning games, it was because he had a good defense.
Now when I say Cameron was a good offensive coordinator because of LT, you say he was good wasnt he?

Isn't it possible that all three of those are true?

Did Chicago have a better OL than Miami or not?

Did the Pennington led offenses just put up average numbers or not?

Did Cameron turn Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers into excellent QBs or not?

Blah, blah, blah.....

Chad played on a team with a defense. Just because the QBs that replaced the often injured Pennington sucked, that doesn't make Pennington a great QB.

If Culpepper or Green put up Pennington's numbers, you'd claim the teams won in spite of them.

But doesnt Miami have a better defense than the Jet's?? So what was your point with that comment

I would have to say that Drew Bree's became the QB he is because of LT.

But doesnt Miami have a better defense than the Jet's?? So what was your point with that comment

This was more of the same tired argument I have had with nyjunc. He wants to pin all of the Vikings losses on Culpepper. Somehow when a QB puts up 39 TDs and ii INTs, and the team goes 8-8, it's the QBs fault. When a QB puts up 17 TD and 16 INTs and the team goes 10-6, the QB gets all the credit.

I would have to say that Drew Bree's became the QB he is because of LT.

Brees took a while to come into his own.
He had LT for awhile before he did.

If LT made Brees then he should have played better earlier on.

Willis fell off last year but that was more due to a poor oline and shaky QB play. He has rushed for 1,100 yards in both years he has played.

How times have changed, but you guys didn't like him when he was in Buffalo right?:lol:

Brees took a while to come into his own.
He had LT for awhile before he did.

If LT made Brees then he should have played better earlier on.

How times have changed, but you guys didn't like him when he was in Buffalo right?:lol:

Nope, didnt like Willis tearing us up all the time. When you have a back like LT, teams are going to focus on the run more because they know that LT is going to tear them up/ But when you dont have a QB,(example, Dolphins), teams will stack the line to stop the run.

Yes chicago has a better oline than miami, but we also showed that the nfc north has better run D...

Chad led offenses that put up average numbers, they also went to the playoffs the three seasons he has been healthy. Tom Brady doesnt have the best numbers, niether does Vince Young (who put up worse numbers than joey harrington last year).

Did he turn brees and rivers into excellent qbs? If I am not mistaken they were both taken within the first 32 picks of the draft. Its not like he turned cleo lemon into a star. If he does that then get back to me...

Nope, didnt like Willis tearing us up all the time.

I think you misunderstood me That was a shot at Bills fans saying "We didn't like him anyway" after he was traded, yet they sung his praises when he was there in B-lo.

Back
Top Bottom