AFC East breakdown | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East breakdown

Yes chicago has a better oline than miami, but we also showed that the nfc north has better run D...

And Brown had a better YPC and more yards per game. What's your point?

Chad led
offenses that put up average numbers, they also went to the playoffs the three seasons he has been healthy. Tom Brady doesnt have the best numbers, niether does Vince Young (who put up worse numbers than joey harrington last year).

Tom Brady's numbers are far superior to Chad's. The Pats have won three SBs. I'm not sure why you'd want to make that comparison. That clearly shows that Pennington is nowhere near an elite QB.

Did he turn brees and rivers into excellent qbs? If I am not mistaken they were both taken within the first 32 picks of the draft.

So was Ryan Leaf.

From a USAToday article:

As San Diego's offensive coordinator the past five seasons, Cameron oversaw an offense that led the NFL in scoring in 2006 and finished third and fifth in that category in 2004 and 2005.

San Diego running back LaDainian Tomlinson was named the Associated Press Most Valuable Player in 2006 after scoring an NFL-record 31 touchdowns. In 2003, Tomlinson became the first player in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards and catch 100 passes in the same season.

He also played a role in the development of quarterbacks Drew Brees and Philip Rivers, plus All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates. He was named Offensive Assistant Coach of the Year by SI.com in 2004.

This is my favorite part of the article. Not since Shula have we had a coach who's philosophy is to maximize the talent he has rather than force fit players into their "system". He was able to develop one of the best offenses in the league without much help from the WR position. SD developed young o-lines and made things work.

"My philosophy has always been ... it's my job to make this personnel work and find a way to score," Cameron said. "You don't have to have everything on offense to score. So the philosophy would be, maximize every guy that you have. Ask him to do what he does best."

Blah, blah, blah.....

Chad played on a team with a defense. Just because the QBs that replaced the often injured Pennington sucked, that doesn't make Pennington a great QB.

If Culpepper or Green put up Pennington's numbers, you'd claim the teams won in spite of them.

OOOhhhhhhhh it was the defense:rolleyes2 so i202 wen the Jets wre 14th in points allowed and 24th overall it was the defense? In 2006 when the D was 18th overall it was the defense?

did you notice how much better miny's D wasBEFORE Daune became starting QB in 1999 and AFTER he got hurt in 2005? It wasn't a coincidence, his awful TO's killed his Ds.

As for Green, in '05 KC gave up LES points than the jets '02D- hy couldn't he lead them o the playoffs? and he was handed a 1-3 hole to dig out of either.

If it's the backup QBs on the Jets who sucked that made our record w/o him so poor then what was it in Minny where Minny was BETTER when daunte was hurt?

I realize it's hard for you to understand, but the job of the offense is to score points. When a Pennington led team is anything more than average, let me know.

The job of the QB is to win. scoring points is great but when are you scoring them? daunte would put up 40 on the Lions but when he was in a big game he'd wilt. Chad is BY FAR the better QB than daunte and that's whether Daunte is healthy or not.

Now that I disagree with. When healthy, Green and Culpepper are good QB's. I'm a Chad fan, but he isn't in some super-elite QB.

I think you are really discounting those QB's when healthy. I certainly wouldn't say your statement with such conviction.

Neither of those QBs are elite when healthy. They are etter FANTASY QBs than Chad but Chad is a better REAL QB. 2 PO appeaances in Minny / such a weak div and conf? ZERO playoff wins for Green when he has playe on a bunch of very talented teams? come on.

Well said. Brady is an elite QB. Culpepper and Green have put in a couple of elite seasons each. Pennington is solid but unspectacular.

In those "elite" seasons one of the QBs led histeam to an 8-8 record in a pathetic div and conf and the other missd the playoffs w/ a 7-9 record. Maybe elite FANTASY QBs but NEVER elite REAL QBs- not even close.

This was more of the same tired argument I have had with nyjunc. He wants to pin all of the Vikings losses on Culpepper. Somehow when a QB puts up 39 TDs and ii INTs, and the team goes 8-8, it's the QBs fault. When a QB puts up 17 TD and 16 INTs and the team goes 10-6, the QB gets all the credit.

Not all but most, 39 TDs and 11 INts is great BUT what did he do / the eason on the line at 5-10 washington? he led them to 10 points in the competitive portion of the game and a loss just like the year before where against 3-12 Arzona who was giving up 33/gm for 8 weeks he le his team to 17 points nd they lost and missed the playoffs.

Chad didn't kill the jets w/awful TOs last year, so he had 5 more INts but the weren't as bad as Daunte's. We had an awful D the first half of the year and no running game- Chad kept us in the hunt until the D started playing well. Chad also playe in a tougher div and conf. I don't care how bad the Minny D wa in 2004 if you are a great Qb w/ that offensive talent you win more than 8 games in that div an conference.

You can have your QB put up meaningles fantasy #s, I'll take my QB who WINS!

This is my favorite part of the article. Not since Shula have we had a coach who's philosophy is to maximize the talent he has rather than force fit players into their "system". He was able to develop one of the best offenses in the league without much help from the WR position. SD developed young o-lines and made things work.

So now Cameron is a young Shula? I thought Saban was the new belichick? Remember Cameron was a complete failure as a HC and this is he same guy that has abandone his best player in SD's 2 layoff games causing his team to lose.

The job of the QB is to win.

You can have your QB put up meaningles fantasy #s, I'll take my QB who WINS!

When football becomes a 1 on 1 sport, let me know. Until then, your arguments are lame. Chad was not a good QB last year and the Jets went 10-6. Clearly the team carried him.

I can't believe that you're trying to argue that 16 INTs is better than 11 INTs. Somehow Chad's INTs were better than Daunte's? Now I've heard everything.....

By the way, during Chad;s best year he led a team out from a 1-4, 205 hole to win a division where the last place team was 8-8 while in Daunte's "best" year he led his eam to an 8-8 record in a division w/ ONE inning team an a conf that sen TWO .500 teams to the playoffs and Green's "best" year he led his team to a 7-9 record 5 games behind the ivision leader that Chad, w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder, beat on the road in the playoffs.

:lol: Pennington, the best QB in the world naturally.

OOOhhhhhhhh it was the defense:rolleyes2 so i202 wen the Jets wre 14th in points allowed and 24th overall it was the defense? In 2006 when the D was 18th overall it was the defense?

The Jets were 6th in points allowed last season.

did you notice how much better miny's D wasBEFORE Daune became starting QB in 1999 and AFTER he got hurt in 2005? It wasn't a coincidence, his awful TO's killed his Ds.

We've been over this. Culpepper was not responsible for the poor play of the Vikings defense.

As for Green, in '05 KC gave up LES points than the jets '02D- hy couldn't he lead them o the playoffs? and he was handed a 1-3 hole to dig out of either.

The '05 Chiefs had a better record than the '02 Jets.
They scored over 400 points. The AFC was just tougher that year. The wild card teams were 11-5 and 12-4. The Jets haven't had a record better than 10-6 since 1998. They have just been more fortunate than other teams.

The Jets have won 2 fewer games than the Dolphins since 2000 but have gone to the playoffs 4 times vs 2 for the Fins. The Fins have missed the playoffs 3 times with records of 9-7 or 10-6. The Jets have made it 4 times with similar records and missed just once.

If it's the backup QBs on the Jets who sucked that made our record w/o him so poor then what was it in Minny where Minny was BETTER when daunte was hurt?

The Vikings got decent play from their backups and they faced easier teams. Also, the Vikings played a more conservative style. They scored a lot fewer points. Last season, Johnson was the starter and had to go the whole season. How'd that turn out.

The "We're better then You" speech, brought to you by Finheaven. Shows re-air everyday ONLY on Finheaven.

When football becomes a 1 on 1 sport, let me know. Until then, your arguments are lame. Chad was not a good QB last year and the Jets went 10-6. Clearly the team carried him.

I can't believe that you're trying to argue that 16 INTs is better than 11 INTs. Somehow Chad's INTs were better than Daunte's? Now I've heard everything.....

Chad was a very good QB lst year but you just judge him by individual #s when if we didn't have Chad a year ago we would ahve been fighting for last w/ you guys.

I am not arguing that 16 INts is better than 11 I am arguing our QB made plays to WIN Daunte did not. Let's break down daunte's 2004:

5 Tds against 6-10 dallas
5 Tds against 7-9 hou
5 TDs against 8-8 NO
5 Td in 2 games against 6-10 Detroit
4 Tds in 2 games against 5-11 Chi

That's 24 of his Tds against subpar teams. His 39 Tds were nice looking #s but really meaningless b/c he only led them to 8 wins.

isn't it amazing that in 2004 the vikings were 2-5 w/ him starting and the D was giving up 28 Pg then daunte gets hurt and they go 7-2 and the D allows 17 PPG?

Back to his "great" 2004:

Week 2 against philly: down 10-6 Daunte fumbles at the phily 1 which was the turning point of the game.

34-13 loss to Giants: puts up just 13 points against 6-10 Giants who gave up 22 a game. Threw 2 INTs and fumbled once.

At Indy and at Gb he doesn't get any blame.

24-14 loss at Chi: Daunte throws 3 INts against the 5-11 Bears and leads Miny to just 14 pts against a D that gave up 21 a game.

27-23 loss to Seattle: Given the ball off a TO at the Sea 14 he leads them to 3 instead of 7. Down 1 in the 4th at the Minny 26 Daunte FUMBLES and sets up FG to give Sea 27-23 win.

Doesn't get blame for 2nd GB game either, played very wel in loss..

Week 17 at 5-10 wash he leads his team to 10 points in the competitive portion of the game(they scored garbage time TD w/ 3 secs left to mak it look closer). Luckily for Daunte an Minnesoat the NFC tookTWO 8-8 teams to the playoffs or that game would have cost them a playoff spot.

So 5 of the 8 losses he played a major role in, if he made a play here, didn't turn it over there then maybe Minny has 10-12 wins and possibly a bye in the 1st rd. daunte put up great fantasy 3s in 2004, he was NOT great.

The "We're better then You" speech, brought to you by Finheaven. Shows re-air everyday ONLY on Finheaven.

it's very entertaining though just like the reruns of the 3 stooges. I think Curly is better than Shemp though.

The Jets were 6th in points allowed last season.

Our D stunk most of last year. We wound up w/ decent #s but that was mostly in the 2nd half, if Chad didn't keep us afloat in the first half when we gave up 24 PG compared to the 2nd half where we gave up 13 PPG.

We've been over this. Culpepper was not responsible for the poor play of the Vikings defense.

It is interesting how in 1999 the Vikes D was 18th in points allowed then the next time they woud get to 20 or below was after daunte missed most of 2005.

and you don't think Daunte's 12 INTs and 3 fmbles in 6+ games had any ffect on the Viking defense?

The '05 Chiefs had a better record than the '02 Jets. They scored over 400 points. The AFC was just tougher that year. The wild card teams were 11-5 and 12-4. The Jets haven't had a record better than 10-6 since 1998. They have just been more fortunate than other teams.

the jets wn a division where the last place team won 8 games and in week 17 of '05 KC was OUT of playoff contention and beat Cincy who RESTE THEIR STARTERS.

The Jets have won 2 fewer games than the Dolphins since 2000 but have gone to the playoffs 4 times vs 2 for the Fins. The Fins have missed the playoffs 3 times with records of 9-7 or 10-6. The Jets have made it 4 times with similar records and missed just once.

So you'd rather have a better record and MISS the playoffs?

The Vikings got decent play from their backups and they faced easier teams. Also, the Vikings played a more conservative style. They scored a lot fewer points. Last season, Johnson was the starter and had to go the whole season. How'd that turn out.

faced easier teams? Minny always had easy scheds from playing in the weak NFC North and weak NFC. Johnson reverted to being like duante in 2006. in '05 he limited mistakes but in '06 he threw 15 INts. If he played like he id in '05 they would have won alot more games. daunte started 1-3 and was on his way to another disastrous season in Miami. daunte was n a 4-12 pace, Brad at least was 6-8 as a starter.

the facts are Daunte was never a great REAL QB, he has had great fantasy years but that is meaningless. His teams have been better when he's been hurt(8 game difference in Minny and last year miami was on a 4 win pace when he went out and you wound up wining 6 games). teams w/ great QBs don't get better when they go down.

Chad was a very good QB lst year but you just judge him by individual #s when if we didn't have Chad a year ago we would ahve been fighting for last w/ you guys.

Chad was not very good last year. Period.

I am not arguing that 16 INts is better than 11 I am arguing our QB made plays to WIN Daunte did not. Let's break down daunte's 2004:

5 Tds against 6-10 dallas
5 Tds against 7-9 hou
5 TDs against 8-8 NO
5 Td in 2 games against 6-10 Detroit
4 Tds in 2 games against 5-11 Chi

That's 24 of his Tds against subpar teams. His 39 Tds were nice looking #s but really meaningless b/c he only led them to 8 wins.

So his "extra" 15 TDs in 11 games were only two less than Chad had all last season.

EVERY QB turns the ball over. Just because the Vikings D was so bad, doesn't make Culpepper's turmovers "worse". You have been shown by me and other posters that Culpepper needed to play perfectly for the Vikings to win. He got no support from his defense at all.

Our D stunk most of last year. We wound up w/ decent #s but that was mostly in the 2nd half, if Chad didn't keep us afloat in the first half when we gave up 24 PG compared to the 2nd half where we gave up 13 PPG.

What was the Jets record in the first half of the season and the second half of the season?

First 8 weeks: 4-4
Last 8 weels: 6-2

Clearly the improvement of the defense was the reason the Jets made the playoffs. If they don't improve, the Jets likely go 8-8. Even giving up 24 PPG is better than the Viking's defense most years.

So you'd rather have a better record and MISS the playoffs?

What the hell does that mean. The point is that some years 9-7 is enough to get in and some years 10-6 is not. Which team was better? IMO, the team that finished 10-6 was the better team and had the misfortune of missing the playoffs because the competition in the conference was tougher that year.

the facts are Daunte was never a great REAL QB, he has had great fantasy years but that is meaningless. His teams have been better when he's been hurt(8 game difference in Minny and last year miami was on a 4 win pace when he went out and you wound up wining 6 games). teams w/ great QBs don't get better when they go down.

The facts are that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Chad was not very good last year. Period.

He led us to 10 wins despite playing most of the year w/ a bad D and no running game.

EVERY QB turns the ball over. Just because the Vikings D was so bad, doesn't make Culpepper's turmovers "worse". You have been shown by me and other posters that Culpepper needed to play perfectly for the Vikings to win. He got no support from his defense at all.

yep but I have never seen a QB w/ a knack for the awful TO like Daunte nd Tos per game Chad is at .95 while daunte is at 1.46 per game. Chad doesn't kill his team w/ TOs, sure from time to time he'll throw a bad one but that is something daune consistently done and in only 4 games you saw it multiple times last year including blowing the Pitt game and killing in the 1st Buf game.

Back
Top Bottom