AFC East Standings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Standings

Justasportsfan said:
we are not gonna rebuild next year and are not aging .... oh wait, when you said NY I thought you meant the only team that plays in NY being the bills :D.

When people here New York they think NYC, you guys might as well be playing in Canada :D

Justasportsfan said:
who knows maybe the bills will get better. teams that seem weak early in the season could finish strong. Everyone thought the Broncos were gonna suck and the fins were gonna be good after your first game.

I guess anything is possible, but I just don’t see it happening. The Bills schedule is brutal. Even with improvement, I think it will be hard for them to win more than 2 of the remaining 8 games.

nyjunc said:
When people here New York they think NYC, you guys might as well be playing in Canada :D
we need a hockey stick for that. "bootleg on 5....eh? " :D

The New Guy said:
I guess anything is possible, but I just don’t see it happening. The Bills schedule is brutal. Even with improvement, I think it will be hard for them to win more than 2 of the remaining 8 games.

it will be tough.

The New Guy said:
Hey Nub, do you really think the Bills will finish ahead of us? Have you seen the rest of their schedule? Kansas City, @San Diego, Carolina, @Miami, New England, Denver, @Cincinnati, @N.Y. Jets. I think the Bills will be lucky to win 2 out the the 8 remaining games. Here is how I see the division going:

1. Patriots
2. Dolphins
3. Bills
4. Jets

I agree. I think it's pretty safe to say will will finish 2nd because of the hard schedule for Buffalo and New York.

Fish_Fan4Life said:
I agree. I think it's pretty safe to say will will finish 2nd because of the hard schedule for Buffalo and New York.

You guys act like you have a cake sched, there's only maybe 1 sure win(Titans) on your sched. The other easy team(NYJ) you have at home is a rivalry game and against a team that owns Miami so it won't be asy and your other easier games are on the road(Cle & Oak).

Fish_Fan4Life said:

Well nobody expected us to beat KC and we did. Theres no way the Fish will finish ahead of us. Take that to the bank.

TakeoSpikes51 said:
Well nobody expected us to beat KC and we did. Theres no way the Fish will finish ahead of us. Take that to the bank.

Hey TakeoSpikes51 how about this, If the Bills finish ahead of the Dolphins in the AFC East standings, I will change my signiture to a Bills logo like yours for a week, but when the Phins finish ahead of the Bills, you change your signiture to a Phins logo and join that partnership for a Buffalo Bills –Free America thing. :lol: How about it? :D

nyjunc said:
You guys act like you have a cake sched, there's only maybe 1 sure win(Titans) on your sched. The other easy team(NYJ) you have at home is a rivalry game and against a team that owns Miami so it won't be asy and your other easier games are on the road(Cle & Oak).

Did you check the schedule?

IF we play to our capabilities, we SHOULD beat Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo, Tennessee and New York. I didn't say we WILL beat them, but we should be capable. That is five wins and we currently have three. Simple math tells us we would finish 8-8 if that happens.

The Bills now have to travel to San Diego, then play Carolina. I really don't think they can beat those teams. Then they play us again. I think we can beat the Bills as we nearly did earlier this year. Then the Bills play at home to New England and Denver. Seriously, I don't think they have much of a chance against eather teams. Following both home games, they play the Bengals at home. Cincy should tear them appart. Then face the Jets on the road which is winnable. Overall, that's one maybe two wins remaining for Buffalo, which would put their record at 6-10, maybe 7-9 tops.

That definately means we should finish up higher than the Bills because of our schedule being easier.

The New Guy said:
Hey TakeoSpikes51 how about this, If the Bills finish ahead of the Dolphins in the AFC East standings, I will change my signiture to a Bills logo like yours for a week, but when the Phins finish ahead of the Bills, you change your signiture to a Phins logo and join that partnership for a Buffalo Bills –Free America thing. :lol: How about it? :D

Deal, but I only join the Bills free america thing for a week right?

Yes, just for one week. Making a Bills fan join the Bills free america club for more than a week just wouldn’t be right. :) It’s all in good fun.:D Good luck!

IF we play to our capabilities, we SHOULD beat Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo, Tennessee and New York

Why are you better than Cle, Oak, Buf or Ten that you SHOULD beat them? The way I see it is Buf is slightly better than Miami, oak and Miami are on par, you are slightly better than Cle & ten but you play AT Oak and Ten. At best you'll go 3-2 in that stretch and beating the jets won't be easy as bad and banged up as we are.

I'm not trying to knock you guys I'm just being realistic. Youi aren't good enough yet to count W's b/c you may be a better.

Here is how I see it realistically:

Buf: currently 4-5

remaining sched:

Sun 11/20 at San Diego L(4-6)
Sun 11/27 Carolina 1:00 pm W(5-6)
Sun 12/4 at Miami 1:00 pm L(5-7)
Sun 12/11 New England 1:00 pm W(6-7)
Sat 12/17 Denver 8:30 pm W(7-7)
Sat 12/24 at Cincinnati 1:00 pm L(7-8)
Sun 1/1 at NY Jets W(8-8)

Miami: currently 3-6

remaining sched:

Sun 11/20 at Cleveland 1:00 pm L(3-7)
Sun 11/27 at Oakland 4:05 pm L(3-8)
Sun 12/4 Buffalo 1:00 pm W(4-8)
Sun 12/11 at San Diego 4:15 pm L(4-9)
Sun 12/18 NY Jets 1:00 pm W(5-9)
Sat 12/24 Tennessee 1:00 pm W(6-9)
Sun 1/1 at New England 1:00 pm L(6-10)

nyjunc said:
Why are you better than Cle, Oak, Buf or Ten that you SHOULD beat them? The way I see it is Buf is slightly better than Miami, oak and Miami are on par, you are slightly better than Cle & ten but you play AT Oak and Ten. At best you'll go 3-2 in that stretch and beating the jets won't be easy as bad and banged up as we are.

I'm not trying to knock you guys I'm just being realistic. Youi aren't good enough yet to count W's b/c you may be a better.

Here is how I see it realistically:

Buf: currently 5-4

remaining sched:

Sun 11/20 at San Diego L(5-5)
Sun 11/27 Carolina 1:00 pm W(6-5)
Sun 12/4 at Miami 1:00 pm L(6-6)
Sun 12/11 New England 1:00 pm W(7-6)
Sat 12/17 Denver 8:30 pm W(8-6)
Sat 12/24 at Cincinnati 1:00 pm L(8-7)
Sun 1/1 at NY Jets

Miami: currently 4-5

remaining sched:

Sun 11/20 at Cleveland 1:00 pm L4-6))
Sun 11/27 at Oakland 4:05 pm L(4-7)
Sun 12/4 Buffalo 1:00 pm W(5-7)
Sun 12/11 at San Diego 4:15 pm L(5-8)
Sun 12/18 NY Jets 1:00 pm W(6-8)
Sat 12/24 Tennessee 1:00 pm W(7-8)
Sun 1/1 at New England 1:00 pm

It will comem down to if you can win at NE in Wk 17 and if Buf can lose at the Jets in Wk 17.
I appreciate the optimism man but Buffalo is 4-5 and Miami is 3-6

I think Miami and Buffalo will both finish 7-9, but the Bills will finish 2nd in the East because of their divisional record.

Back
Top Bottom