Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez

Moore isn't better than Sanchez. Sanchez isn't a great QB by any means but you can't dismiss the Jets history the last two seasons. If they go back to the AFC title game again this year, then what? Moore hasn't played enough to be considered better than anyone except Henne (and that's only b/c he's his teammate).

It makes you wonder if Rex is going to give up on Sanchez and maybe go after Peyton Manning to run the table next year.

make up your mind, everytime the Jets defense is criticized you blame it on the offense, and everytime Sanchez is criticized its never him its the defense

meanwhile all Jets fans talk about is their "elite" defense which constantly collapses when it matters, and talk about their "franchise QB" who craps the bed every time he plays a good team (and bad team ala Broncos) and the defense and running game cant bail him out as usual

I blame all equally, I never just blame the O or just blame the D but when I see people acting like we have a great D I have to speak the truth. Our D is good to very good, not close to great.

Sanchez has been really good in postseason, postseason is where we see the best teams so explain how he "craps the bed" every time he plays a good team?

The biggest liability on that team is Rex Ryan... It's only a matter of time before the curtain gets pulled back and we see the Defensive Wizard of Oz is really a toe-sucking blow hard of a head coach who's been getting by on hype and enthusiasm for too long. Once he hits bottom, he ain't climbing back up. IMO he will be back at Defenisve Coordinator for another team within 4 years. Hell, hell probably be coaching defense with Sparano coaching o-line on the Rams or something.

(For the record, I thought Belichuk would turn out to be failure with the Pats as well... shows what I know)

yes, the guy that inherited a franchise w/ no QB and hadn't won a playoff game in 5 years then leading them w/ a rookie and 2nd yr QB to title games clearly is holding this franchise back:lol:

It makes you wonder if Rex is going to give up on Sanchez and maybe go after Peyton Manning to run the table next year.

Putting aside the incredibly serious injury and the advanced age(in football years) of peyton how in the world could we acquire him w/ his pricetag and the pricetag of Indy getting picks back for him? Sanchez will never be Peyton but you don't need a Peyton to win or esle he'd have many more than just the one title(where he was not good in that playoff run).

It's amazing how Jets fans give us crap to clinging on to the past (perfect season, 1-15 to 11-5, division champs, etc), but when they continue to bring up two unsuccessful attempts at the Super Bowl...getting to the AFC championship...it's ok for them.

I blame all equally, I never just blame the O or just blame the D but when I see people acting like we have a great D I have to speak the truth. Our D is good to very good, not close to great.

Sanchez has been really good in postseason, postseason is where we see the best teams so explain how he "craps the bed" every time he plays a good team?

yes, the guy that inherited a franchise w/ no QB and hadn't won a playoff game in 5 years then leading them w/ a rookie and 2nd yr QB to title games clearly is holding this franchise back:lol:

Putting aside the incredibly serious injury and the advanced age(in football years) of peyton how in the world could we acquire him w/ his pricetag and the pricetag of Indy getting picks back for him? Sanchez will never be Peyton but you don't need a Peyton to win or esle he'd have many more than just the one title(where he was not good in that playoff run).

anyone can go on a little post season run, were not talking about post season we are talking about regular season, sanchez has been a bad to awful regular season QB, point is this league is all about consistency and sanchez is the opposite of consistency, your telling me he got them to the playoffs his rookie year? they got their in spite of him and he had his okay to good games along with a top running game defense and good weapons made everyone believe him including the national audience and media b/c thats all they watched was the playoff games, not the terribly inconsistent and bad games he has in the regular season, eventually he is not going to have a top 5 O-Line and top 5 running game and defense (talking about his rookie year) and we have seen that happen as the likes of richardson and faneca and thomas jones leaves or mangold gets hurt and his favorite weapon braylon leaves and the defense chokes when it matters, none of it can cover up sanchez deficiencies and he is being show for what he is, a qb who if he cant find his first read, panics and gets happy feet, cant avoid a rush to save his life and telegraphs his throws and calls stupid timeouts and skips balls like a rock on a pond

you cant honestly tell me you believe Sanchez is a top tier franchise QB warranted being taken #5 traded up for......and dont give me the O-Line hasnt been good, cry me a river go ask jay cutler and aaron rodgers who have never had great O-Lines like sanchez had and they did just fine, and dont give me he is still young and developing blah blah, he has not developed at all, everyone has realized he has regressed drastically and looks like a lost rookie still making rookie mistake hanging his head down sulking

It's amazing how Jets fans give us crap to clinging on to the past (perfect season, 1-15 to 11-5, division champs, etc), but when they continue to bring up two unsuccessful attempts at the Super Bowl...getting to the AFC championship...it's ok for them.

Why anyone born after 1972 would crow about that team is beyond me. The reason Jets fans have the 'right' to be a little more ****y than everyone else is b/c of their past. I mean, the past they speak of is the last two years with a lot of the same guys on the team. It's more deserved than something that happened 40 years ago.

Now if the Jets fail to make the playoffs this year, it puts a dent in their "the last two years...." comeback. Seeing as how the Dolphins aren't making it either, that's the only similarity the two teams will have for the recent past.

I think you can make the proclamation that over the last several weeks, Moore has outperformed Sanchez but it is premature to place Moore ahead of Sanchez. Hell over the last several weeks Moore has been the second best QB in the AFC East. Means nothing.

If you've ever known a Celtic or Yankees fan, you know they are insufferable and regardless of when they were born they will throw their entire franchise's accolades in your face at the drop of a hat. People born after 1972 can be proud of the undefeated season, they just should keep it in perspective. We came up short in the two SBs since.

anyone can go on a little post season run, were not talking about post season we are talking about regular season, sanchez has been a bad to awful regular season QB, point is this league is all about consistency and sanchez is the opposite of consistency, your telling me he got them to the playoffs his rookie year? they got their in spite of him and he had his okay to good games along with a top running game defense and good weapons made everyone believe him including the national audience and media b/c thats all they watched was the playoff games, not the terribly inconsistent and bad games he has in the regular season, eventually he is not going to have a top 5 O-Line and top 5 running game and defense (talking about his rookie year) and we have seen that happen as the likes of richardson and faneca and thomas jones leaves or mangold gets hurt and his favorite weapon braylon leaves and the defense chokes when it matters, none of it can cover up sanchez deficiencies and he is being show for what he is, a qb who if he cant find his first read, panics and gets happy feet, cant avoid a rush to save his life and telegraphs his throws and calls stupid timeouts and skips balls like a rock on a pond

you cant honestly tell me you believe Sanchez is a top tier franchise QB warranted being taken #5 traded up for......and dont give me the O-Line hasnt been good, cry me a river go ask jay cutler and aaron rodgers who have never had great O-Lines like sanchez had and they did just fine, and dont give me he is still young and developing blah blah, he has not developed at all, everyone has realized he has regressed drastically and looks like a lost rookie still making rookie mistake hanging his head down sulking

he did it in 2 seperate years, if it was a 1 year flukly thing like Eli manning maybe I'd agree w/ you/

Top tier? no, he's an average guy who becomes very good in January. Give me that any day over some perceived top guys that melt in January pressure.

he did it in 2 seperate years, if it was a 1 year flukly thing like Eli manning maybe I'd agree w/ you/

Top tier? no, he's an average guy who becomes very good in January. Give me that any day over some perceived top guys that melt in January pressure.
Please don't tell me you are putting Sanchez in Eli's company.

but as your seeing this season, his O-Line and Defense is not always going to be able to make up for his mistake and deficiencies and they arent always going be able to fall *** backwards into the playoffs like 09', point is his regular season issues and struggles are eventually going to catch up to them as a team where he may not have that chance to get to January and have that magical run,

Against the Broncos who had the worst statistical defense in the NFL last season and is OKAY this season, Sanchez went bad for bad with Tebow, jets defense choked that last drive by tebow, but it should not have come down to that, Sanchez should be able to put up more than 13pts (6 of which were scored by a O-Lineman falling on a fumble) , point is good QBs lead their team to at least 24pts in that game and that game is OVER, Tebow cant lead them back from a big deficit against good teams

Same with the Patriots game, worst secondary in the NFL with 3rd string safeties and corners and sanchez cant even take advantage of that, hell even Henne who ill admit sucks put up 400 yards and 3 total TDs

two afc championship game appearances!

A team with a great running game and great defense making it deep into the playoffs doesn't prove they also have a great QB. Given your same logic, Trent Dilfer was a better quarterback than Phillip RIvers because he made it deeper into the playoffs.

but as your seeing this season, his O-Line and Defense is not always going to be able to make up for his mistake and deficiencies and they arent always going be able to fall *** backwards into the playoffs like 09', point is his regular season issues and struggles are eventually going to catch up to them as a team where he may not have that chance to get to January and have that magical run,

Against the Broncos who had the worst statistical defense in the NFL last season and is OKAY this season, Sanchez went bad for bad with Tebow, jets defense choked that last drive by tebow, but it should not have come down to that, Sanchez should be able to put up more than 13pts (6 of which were scored by a O-Lineman falling on a fumble) , point is good QBs lead their team to at least 24pts in that game and that game is OVER, Tebow cant lead them back from a big deficit against good teams

Same with the Patriots game, worst secondary in the NFL with 3rd string safeties and corners and sanchez cant even take advantage of that, hell even Henne who ill admit sucks put up 400 yards and 3 total TDs

He and the pass O bailed out the D and running game probably more than the other way around last year.

This year the running game has been bad most of the year as well as the OL. It's hard to perform, w/ that said he hasn't stepped up either. He has taken a step back w/o a doubt but he's not a bad QB.

What does Den's D last year have to do w/ this year? Their D hasn't been awful this year but it doesn't matter, our O and QB are in a funk. It happens, just like last year when we got shut down by Miami in Dec. I'm confident Mark and the O will bounce back just like they did last year.

The Pats D is much better than the stats, they allow about the same # of points per game as our supposed top defense.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

A team with a great running game and great defense making it deep into the playoffs doesn't prove they also have a great QB. Given your same logic, Trent Dilfer was a better quarterback than Phillip RIvers because he made it deeper into the playoffs.

Considering we haven't had a great defense and our running game last year was not great I'm not sure I understand your point

Back
Top Bottom