Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill

Ok gents. You need a QB for a make it or break it 2018 season. You have the choice of RT (with all his vaunted UPSIDE) or any starter from the other 32 teams.

I would take every other starter over him with the exception of

Bears, Jags, Browns, Jets, Cardinals and Denver.

Yep that means every one of the other 25 teams I would take their starter over Tannehill.

Tyrod Taylor? Yes
Cousins? Sure
Winston? Easily
Watson? Twice on sundays
Keenum? Yup
Luck? Roll the dice and yes

Oh and some of the teams above like the Jets will be drafting a QB in a few months.

We can wait forever for Tannehill. How much longer shall we? He's 37-40 as a starter. His running ability will now be less as he gets to 30 plus. He's not a winner. He tries to be a leader but isn't. His ceiling is not high. Smith had it figured out by 28-29. Tannehill may never figure it out. Tannehills vaunted 2016 stats in 13 games are not markedly different than Cutler in 13 games in 2017.

Draft a QB now!!!!

The ligament that was damaged is now replaced. The situation is exactly the same as if he had the surgery initially. One repair = one injury.

Tannehill and his Doctors said it was repaired. Then he tore it (again).

Sorry disagree and you won't convince me.

One more nugget even in 2012 when Luck won 11 games and his OL, run gamed, and defense were worse than Tannehills. His team barely played well in the wins.

In the 11 wins the Colts Defense gave 18.3 ppg and the offense rushed for 100 ypg on 3.3 per carry and scored 9tds.
In the 7 wins the Dolphins Defense gave 11.9 ppg and the offense rushed for 145 ypg on 4.4 per carry and scored 10 tds.

I know i won't convince you and you will never agree but to suggest that Luck had it easier in 2012 is to quote a great movie "INCONCEIVABLE!".

How do we know Tannehill isn't good enough? Because there is so much debate about it. Just the fact of this existence proves the question. Tannehill was drafted by people who felt they could mold him into what they wanted, RT is just clay in their hands. Because of his mediocrity he is also clay in your minds, picking stats and situations, adding other players or taking them away to make believe Tannehill is what you want him to be so bad. Your egos are no different than those that drafted him to shape him in the first place. It is unfortunate the lack of self awareness and conceit.
Well, your premise that the "debate" on Tannehill indicates that not everyone is sold on him is a point taken. And I agree that over the years, in reading many fan forums, the consensus fan opinion usually turns out to be the right one. Now in FH, I'd say that 60-70% of the posters are still somewhere between "somewhat' and "wholeheartedly" in support of Tannehill.

Bracket that against the Jets forums where almost* everyone turned on Sanchez a year or 2 before getting his walking papers, or even today the Buffalo forum where over 50% want to see the end of Tyrod Taylor.

Earlier in this thread I posted the link to Chiefs Planet, the largest KC fan forum. If you read it, you will see that the sentiment to wish Alex Smith "good riddance" is almost universal. So reverting to your premise of the wisdom of forum sentiment, if there's a minority opinion debating Tannehill on FH and well over 90% in favor of getting rid of Smith, then you'd have to admit that Alex is not a suitable replacement for RT17 - of course that's unless you're pompous enough to believe that a minority of fans on here are more savvy than a majority of KC fans. Hopefully that's not you.

"According to reports from both the Miami Herald and the Palm Beach Post, Tannehill’s knee has passed the latest round of stability tests, and, as Armando Salguero wrote in the Herald, Tannehill’s knee was “ pronounced healed by team doctor John Uribe and with a concurring second opinion of respected surgeon Dr. James Andrews” and the quarterback will “be participating in the team’s conditioning program in April, OTA days which begin in May, minicamps after that, and training camp which is supposed to begin in late July.”

The reports also indicate that doctors feel there is no additional risk of re-injuring the ACL as compared to someone who has had the ACL surgically repaired. That is great news for Tannehill and the Dolphins."

But, hey... this dude EvilDylan is a physician.

For many, reading comprehension = zero. I understand the confirmation bias necessary to protect your opinions.

One more nugget even in 2012 when Luck won 11 games and his OL, run gamed, and defense were worse than Tannehills. His team barely played well in the wins.

In the 11 wins the Colts Defense gave 18.3 ppg and the offense rushed for 100 ypg on 3.3 per carry and scored 9tds.
In the 7 wins the Dolphins Defense gave 11.9 ppg and the offense rushed for 145 ypg on 4.4 per carry and scored 10 tds.

I know i won't convince you and you will never agree but to suggest that Luck had it easier in 2012 is to quote a great movie "INCONCEIVABLE!".

Who said it should be restricted to a single season? Why not include the seasons where Tannehill was the most sacked QB in the league? Why use only the rookie year that Tannehill was not even expected to play due to number of games played in college?

"

The reports also indicate that doctors feel there is no additional risk of re-injuring the ACL as compared to someone who has had the ACL surgically repaired. That is great news for Tannehill and the Dolphins."

Clearly they were wrong.

Back
Top Bottom