All In With Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All In With Tannehill

Makes ZERO sense. What rookie would have stepped in and just tore it up and what would have been the cost to get him? Rosen was the most "NFL ready" but he doesn't have the same kind of arm and is a good hit away from scrambled eggs for brains. I think they should have gotten a guy like Faulk or one of the other developmental guys because we know what Brock is but realistically he'd be just as good as a rookie asked to start in year one.

Rosen wasn't available at our pick, so I'm not judging that. Rudolph would have a perfect backup/potential replacement/trade bait if Tannehill levels up. We opted for a situational LB. That's fine. We disregarded the position entirely. That's also fine.

But, if Osweiler is starting (unless it's because we've locked up home field advantage), count me in on the "fire all those ****ers" bandwagon, because they made that decision. Again.

It's okay. You'll be happy with whoever we replace them with, so either way it will work out.

No, you can't. 90% of the teams in the league aren't relying on a still waiting to reach his potential QB who has been knocked out of two consecutive seasons due to serious injury. Further, 90% of the good teams are proactive in preparing for the future at the most important position in football, hence the Steelers grabbing Rudolph despite having a very good, albeit rapey, starting QB; or the Pats almost every year.

If your QB has peaked and you are still dissatisfied with him than you would have an argument. In our case though we have a very talented QB that has yet to peak. I think that's a pretty good position to be in. As far as other teams being proactive, preparing for the future at QB is a luxury on a team with as many holes to fix as we have. I don't doubt that at some point in the next few years you'll most likely see a QB drafted but due to poor drafting in the past we are forced to roll the dice this year.

Go through the list of teams and mark down the ones you expect to be looking for a starting qb in 2019. You can count on one hand the number of teams that don't have either an establish veteran, a high priced free agent signing from either 2017 or 2018, or a young 1st or 2nd round qb from the past two or three years that they are grooming. If Miami is looking for a young qb in the early rounds next year they will be competing with just a few teams.

I know people like to bash Osweiler, but he's going to be in a better position to backup Tannehill in 2018 than any day three rookie. Not saying he's a long term prospect, but if Tannehill falters this team wasn't going to be content with a qb we added in the 5th or 6th round going forward and would still be looking for potential starter in 2019 or 2020.

Last edited:
All In With Tannehill

398437f392da14aed1edc8bdc7cb4d0b.jpg

Seriously though, I think Tannehill will prove himself this year, this will also be his last chance to prove himself. If he has an average, obviously Miami will pickup a QB next year, whether FA or Draft... if he ends up injured again, then sorry Ryan, but again Miami will pickup a QB next year.

This will be the year Ryan proves himself, he has the QB friendly HC, plenty of good receiving options, and an O-line that at worst, should be average (More then needed for a quality QB).

While he was playing his best ball under Gase before injury, he is still very much a mystery going into his 7th year in the league.

i guess he's a mystery to you and a few others. not to most around here, and certainly not to the Dolphins and the rest of the league.

Been sayin' it for quite a while -- Thill & Gase are packaged together -- both have a LOT to prove this year.

Personally -- I think Gase made a lot of potentially great moves this draft. For example -- just consider Mike Gesicki a slot receiver NOT a TE.

Add miss Parker (hopefully fully established an an alpha female) and Stills etc. = some very interesting issues for a D to deal with + (we hope and pray) a significantly improved OL with multiple threats @RB + soooooooooooooooooo much more game to game creativity --- if ????????? indeed Gase proves to be the real deal...

Reactions: BSQ
Roethlisberger is entering his 15th season. Drafting a potential QB of the future makes sense.

Pats draft plenty of QBs that don't amount to anything, Is that your plan?

Oh, the hairs on somebody's neck prickled at the slightest sign of Tannehill criticism (which it wasn't). Ah, hell, why not. Let's do it. Tannehill is entering his 7th season after missing 1 1/2 seasons due to serious, repeat injury that potentially impacts one of his best attributes, his mobility, after not really accomplishing much of anything. He hasn't been terrible. He hasn't been great (Oh ****, sorry! He's been positively wonderful!). We had first hand experience as to the importance of the backup QB the past two seasons. It would be proactive to prepare for the very realistic possibility of him being injured again and/or not taking it to the next level. They are opting not to do that. Fine. That indicates a high level of confidence on their part. Again, that's fine.

They just better be right. Or, they can **** off.

As for the Pats drafting QBs and trading them for profit, yes, I'd be okay with that. Obviously. Why would I not want to do that? :laugh

No more excuses for Tannehill this year, I'm not going to lie I was hoping that Miami would of taken Lamar Jackson at 11 but I also knew it wasn't going to happen.

Rosen wasn't available at our pick, so I'm not judging that. Rudolph would have a perfect backup/potential replacement/trade bait if Tannehill levels up. We opted for a situational LB. That's fine. We disregarded the position entirely. That's also fine.

But, if Osweiler is starting (unless it's because we've locked up home field advantage), count me in on the "fire all those ****ers" bandwagon, because they made that decision. Again.

It's okay. You'll be happy with whoever we replace them with, so either way it will work out.

I've been banging the drum for a competent back up for years now because Moore wasn't good.

If your QB has peaked and you are still dissatisfied with him than you would have an argument. In our case though we have a very talented QB that has yet to peak. I think that's a pretty good position to be in. As far as other teams being proactive, preparing for the future at QB is a luxury on a team with as many holes to fix as we have. I don't doubt that at some point in the next few years you'll most likely see a QB drafted but due to poor drafting in the past we are forced to roll the dice this year.

What are you basing that on? You also neglect the impact of the injuries. You are relying on hope, which doesn't typically work out in this league.

It's a crap shoot. History tells us there's a good chance one of the quarterbacks released or traded between now and the start of the season will turn out to have a better career than one of the quarterbacks drafted in the first round this.

Last year Case Keenum was expected to be the Vikings 3rd qb behind Bridgewater and Bradford. Wasn't even a lock for the number three job. This year he's set to make $18 million.

I really don’t get all the fuss with us not drafting a QB. I could name tons of QBs that many have thought were the pick, the answer picked in the first round that didn’t pan out. I do understand the concern of Tannehill coming back from injury; however, he has had a lot of time to heal. We don’t have the ability to look into the future and foresee a player getting injured. There have been many QBs that have came back from an ACL injury and been just fine. I myself am glad that the FO didn’t sell the farm to move up to pick a QB. Brock played decent in Denver with Gase in 2015, leading the Broncos to a 5-2 record in Manning’s absence. I am excited for the upcoming season. I feel they have done a good job in Free Agency, and I am excited about the draft picks as well. Fins Up!

I really don’t get all the fuss with us not drafting a QB. I could name tons of QBs that many have thought were the pick, the answer picked in the first round that didn’t pan out. I do understand the concern of Tannehill coming back from injury; however, he has had a lot of time to heal. We don’t have the ability to look into the future and foresee a player getting injured. There have been many QBs that have came back from an ACL injury and been just fine. I myself am glad that the FO didn’t sell the farm to move up to pick a QB. Brock played decent in Denver with Gase in 2015, leading the Broncos to a 5-2 record in Manning’s absence. I am excited for the upcoming season. I feel they have done a good job in Free Agency, and I am excited about the draft picks as well. Fins Up!

I don't think anybody is arguing that, because that's a move you only make if you're 100% moving on from your QB. And Brock sucks.

Back
Top Bottom