All In With Tannehill | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All In With Tannehill

Oh, the hairs on somebody's neck prickled at the slightest sign of Tannehill criticism (which it wasn't). Ah, hell, why not. Let's do it. Tannehill is entering his 7th season after missing 1 1/2 seasons due to serious, repeat injury that potentially impacts one of his best attributes, his mobility, after not really accomplishing much of anything. He hasn't been terrible. He hasn't been great (Oh ****, sorry! He's been positively wonderful!).

Ah, sarcasm, the last resort of someone with no point.....

We had first hand experience as to the importance of the backup QB the past two seasons. It would be proactive to prepare for the very realistic possibility of him being injured again and/or not taking it to the next level. They are opting not to do that. Fine. That indicates a high level of confidence on their part. Again, that's fine.

Is that the only thing we have first hand experience with? How about a complete lack of production from the TE? How about a mother F'n inability to stop anybody on defense, especially opposing TEs and RBs? This is a team with a ton of holes. Your suggestion is to mirror the Browns. Just grab a QB dammit!!!! My suggestion is to follow the Eagles. Build a team. They you won't need miracles from your QB. You'll have a situation where good QBs can succeed.

As for the Pats drafting QBs and trading them for profit, yes, I'd be okay with that. Obviously. Why would I not want to do that? :laugh

How many times do you think that has happened? Exactly. Have you even bothered to look into it or are you like most of the haters on the site and just spout nonsense?

Let's be honest, if Tannehill suffers another season ending injury, unless it's a story like Carson Wentz this year, Miami will be heavily exploring other options at QB, and likely with a new coaching staff and front office.
Wishful thinking MUD, if Tannehill goes down with the same knee we will be exploring other options at QB for sure, but the notion of a knew coaching staff and FO....no way brother. Gase is going no where for damn sure and from all accounts Tbaum and Grier roots are planted right here, no one's going anywhere.

I do worry that Gase isn't very good at finding his own guy at QB or maybe doesnt know what his own guy looks like. It appears that gase is more comfortable with just sticking with the QBs he's worked with. Has Gase yet hand picked any QB? As of right now he is just sticking with guys he knows but he is not able to find other QBs that can fit well into his system outside from his former players? I see this as an issue. Maybe he doesnt have an eye for QB talent or doesnt know what kind of QB he wants.

I think the strategy is crystal clear, wether you agree or not... Its Tannehill or tank in 2018... They just made sure that if Tannehill gets IRed, they are not going to win games, setting them up to draft a QB early in 2019... So with that in mind, why waste a pick on a project if your plan is to adress QB why a high pick in next year's draft if **** hits the fan?

there are 2 outcomes here...

1) Tannehill plays great and we didnt need to replace him in the first place...
2) Tannehill tanks or gets injured, and they go all in on QB in 2019's draft, in which case, the late round project doesnt figure in the plans going foward anyway...
I'm in the camp that thinks Mayfield is special; however putting this into perspective, Todd McShay who gets paid millions to do these evals every year had Darnold the highest rated QB in this class, assigning him a numerical grade of "94."

That's exactly the same grade he assigned Tannehill in 2012. Consequently it's quite possible that Gase and the FO perceived this class as a non-upgrade and not worth spending additional capitol on.

I do worry that Gase isn't very good at finding his own guy at QB or maybe doesnt know what his own guy looks like. It appears that gase is more comfortable with just sticking with the QBs he's worked with. Has Gase yet hand picked any QB? As of right now he is just sticking with guys he knows but he is not able to find other QBs that can fit well into his system outside from his former players? I see this as an issue. Maybe he doesnt have an eye for QB talent or doesnt know what kind of QB he wants.
Having other options, he essentially "hand picked" Tannehill as someone he could rebuild and mold. And by the 5th game, his confidence was rewarded.

I think the strategy is crystal clear, wether you agree or not... Its Tannehill or tank in 2018... They just made sure that if Tannehill gets IRed, they are not going to win games, setting them up to draft a QB early in 2019... So with that in mind, why waste a pick on a project if your plan is to adress QB with a high pick in next year's draft if **** hits the fan?

2) Tannehill tanks or gets injured, and they go all in on QB in 2019's draft, in which case, the late round project doesnt figure in the plans going foward anyway...

.....good luck finding a QB in next years draft.

That's exactly the same grade he assigned Tannehill in 2012. Consequently it's quite possible that Gase and the FO perceived this class as a non-upgrade and not worth spending additional capitol on.

NO. It must be that they are STUPID!!!!

I think the strategy is crystal clear, wether you agree or not... Its Tannehill or tank in 2018... They just made sure that if Tannehill gets IRed, they are not going to win games, setting them up to draft a QB early in 2019... So with that in mind, why waste a pick on a project if your plan is to adress QB with a high pick in next year's draft if **** hits the fan?

If Tannehill plays horribly not due to injury and we are bad to mediocre again, I think Gase is gone and perhaps the entire front office.

If Tannehill plays horribly not due to injury and we are bad to mediocre again, I think Gase is gone and perhaps the entire front office.
The way they drafted doesnt imply that at all...

The question is what happens if we continue to have more of the same results with Tannehill, he throws around 25TDs 11 INts 4K yards. But the team finishes around 7-9.

The question is what happens if we continue to have more of the same results with Tannehill, he throws around 25TDs 11 INts 4K yards. But the team finishes around 7-9.
If the team cant win with a QB playing like that... You've got bigger fish to fry my friend...

I’m glad we don’t have a backup that can win 6 meaningless games. It’s TH or bust. If TH goes down, tank the season and get a QB high.
Except this wastes another expensive year of players in their primes like Stills and Jones.

Gase is absolutely pinning his future with the Dolphins on Tannehill unless he’s received assurances from Ross that his future is safe regardless. At least by having a young guy on the roster he could spin it that he needs more time because he got this young guy to develop while he gave Tannehill one last shot. As it is, he has no way to spin it if Tannehill doesn’t pan out this year.

In fact, we are actually in worse shape now if Tannehill doesn’t work out because I believe both Cutler and Moore are better options than Fales or osweiler.

I think Gase will be safe regardless unless we're in for a really miserable top 5 pick season. This draft tells me that the Dolphins don't feel this is the make or break year for everyone. We looked like a 1-15 team last year being near the bottom statistically on both offense and defense, injuries everywhere, no bye week, Jay Cutler at QB, a hard schedule, ect. and we STILL won 6 games. It's unlikely we're going to be far worse than last season despite what people think considering last year felt like rock bottom already.

We're in a risky situation at QB this season, but I still think we're better for focusing on the middle of the defense and the TE position. I think it's better to have a more improved and complete roster, and to get an elite prospect like Fitz over a rookie QB. The roster looks more complete so you can go all in on the QB next year if Tannehill sucks or gets injured. It would have been nice to have a young QB to have if Tanny gets hurt, but that guy probably wasn't saving the season (and Gase's job according to some of you) either.

Even if next year we do go after a QB, finding a QB in general is a very difficult thing to do and there's no guarantees.

Then I think it is time for a complete cleaning. If we cannot make the playoffs this season, we need to start over. Get rid of old expensive veterans. Bring in a new group to try something different.

Back
Top Bottom