All In With Tannehill | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All In With Tannehill

What the hell dude? You're the one who brought up the statline, I just gave you a list of similar statlines from 2017 playoff QBs...

When the made up nonsense blows up in their faces, they must move on to the other unsubstantiated BS. And it never ends.

At the end of the day, I still only view Tannehill as a perfect bridge QB like Tyrod Taylor,Sam Bradford and Alex smith. Tannehill is in that same tier of QBs in my opinion.
Ditto!
18r6n9q4afgqgjpg.jpg

Just in: One of the greatest franchises in the history of sport is doing it wrong!! More at 11...

You certainly could try to prove me wrong or continue to post nonsense. Your call.

I've stated many times that I want to do what made the Pats successful. Draft a HOF QB in the 6th round and hire one of the greatest franchise builders and head coaches in history. Sign me up. Drafting all of these guys, not so much:

2018 7 1 219 Danny Etling Louisiana State
2016 3 29 91 Jacoby Brissett North Carolina State
2014 2 30 62 Jimmy Garoppolo Eastern Illinois
2011 3 10 74 Ryan Mallett Arkansas
2010 7 43 250 Zac Robinson Oklahoma State
2008 3 31 94 Kevin O'Connell San Diego State
2005 7 16 230 Matt Cassel USC
2003 6 28 201 Kliff Kingsbury Texas Tech
2002 4 19 117 Rohan Davey

Last edited:
I'm fine with that, but it better work out or they can all **** off after next year. Anything less than a playoff win or a VERY close playoff loss and it's time to move on from all of them.

Joe Philbin had 4 years with this team no playoffs, Gase has 2 years on his belt, made the playoffs his 1st year and because of injury to his starting QB still managed to win 6 games last year, do you really think if he makes the playoffs and will lose, that he will gone....lol...dream on

Gase is tied to Tannehill for sure, however Ross has shown as an owner that he dithers, Gase will also benefit from inheriting Tannehill rather than picking him and getting us to the Playoffs in his first season. That'll generate him enough good will to allow him to see through a period if Tannehill does not meet expectations. Think he will get one more QB draft, unless Tannehill sticks around winning us 6 to 9 games a year and they still want to stick with him.

Joe Philbin had 4 years with this team no playoffs, Gase has 2 years on his belt, made the playoffs his 1st year and because of injury to his starting QB still managed to win 6 games last year, do you really think if he makes the playoffs and will lose, that he will gone....lol...dream on

What I think should happen and what I think will happen are two separate things. I'd obviously be more flexible if they lost in the playoffs vs if they missed them entirely (not that I have any say in it). And that includes if they lose their starting QB again.

You certainly could try to prove me wrong or continue to post nonsense. Your call.

I've stated many times that I want to do what made the Pats successful. Draft a HOF QB in the 6th round and hire one of the greatest franchise builders and head coaches in history. Sign me up. Drafting all of these guys, not so much:

2018 7 1 219 Danny Etling Louisiana State

Great franchise builder period. Belichick is right. You are wrong.

Great franchise builder period. Belichick is right. You are wrong.

LOL. Who knew the secret to NE success was:

LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL.

You have to be an idiot to attribute any of the Patriots success to that list of drafted QBs.

Keep posting and remove all doubt.

I think the strategy is crystal clear, wether you agree or not... Its Tannehill or tank in 2018... They just made sure that if Tannehill gets IRed, they are not going to win games, setting them up to draft a QB early in 2019... So with that in mind, why waste a pick on a project if your plan is to adress QB with a high pick in next year's draft if **** hits the fan?

there are 2 outcomes here...

1) Tannehill plays great and we didnt need to replace him in the first place...
2) Tannehill tanks or gets injured, and they go all in on QB in 2019's draft, in which case, the late round project doesnt figure in the plans going foward anyway...

You know, I'd actually respect that more than if they lost him again and still tried to win one for the Gipper, ending 6-10 or thereabouts.

I liked this draft. It was an Adam Gase draft. They got him the pieces to operate his offense the way he wants it. And for that reason, its a scary draft for Gase. Not only did he get the pieces and the culture fit he was looking for, but he doubled down on Tannehill. That means Gase's fate, as well as the rest of the FO, is now tied to Tannehill.

I am kind of surprised that they didn't make a move for a developmental QB in the mid-rounds considering the lack of depth at the QB position and the fact that Tannehill will have not played for well over a year by the time he steps on the field in 2018. To expect him to pick up right where he left off is a lot to ask. I'd expect a few games of getting a feel for playing football again and gaining security in his knee.

While he was playing his best ball under Gase before injury, he is still very much a mystery going into his 7th year in the league, which is HIGHLY unusual. Yet, Gase must be convinced because he is staking his football life on it.

The fact they never picked up any QB in this draft also points to their pre-draft interest in a QB being very much a smokescreen. That ploy paid off by pushing a bluechip prospect to them.

I just can't get over how much is riding on Tannehill now though. He has the fate of the entire front office and coaching staff on his repaired knee right now. Let's see if it pays off.

Remember something you in life and was really good at it. We all try to replicate everything we did to have the same success. This is what Gase and specifically Tannehill will be trying to do from 2016. I feel Tannehill will be especially ready to get back to form because he was cheated out of a playoff run. You also said it'll take him a few games to get back, adnI can't disagree with that.
I really like Bill Polian. I respect what's he head done and what he says. He gets obviously testy on these sports shows when a counterpart brings up Ryan as not the qb for Miami.
He just can't see where the downeside is.
People bring up the knee and he argued that this knee injury for a QB is nowhere risky as it is for a rb or wr. That's true. Qbs don't run as hard or plant cuts as much as other players. Which is true. A few plays of handing off the ball, a few pocket passes and the stress on the knee isn't so bad.
I am fully backing Tannehill. When you have so many detractors, and so much to prove he will give everything to ball out this year.

No really disagreeing with this and this is more directed to the comments rather than OP in this case, but I see it said ad nauseam on this board and it baffles me.

What makes you guys think Gase is on the hot seat year after year? I've never gotten that impression at all, he took us to the playoffs. Was getting top 10 QB play, then lost his starting QB.

What about that equates to the hot seat to you guys? Is it some sort of manifest destiny type thing or do you have a basis for the inkling?

Back
Top Bottom