All In With Tannehill | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All In With Tannehill

Rosen wasn't available at our pick, so I'm not judging that. Rudolph would have a perfect backup/potential replacement/trade bait if Tannehill levels up. We opted for a situational LB. That's fine. We disregarded the position entirely. That's also fine.

But, if Osweiler is starting (unless it's because we've locked up home field advantage), count me in on the "fire all those ****ers" bandwagon, because they made that decision. Again.

It's okay. You'll be happy with whoever we replace them with, so either way it will work out.

So replace Osweiler with Falk and you'd choose to spare the FO from you're fiery rage? Doesn't really add up there

I wanted us to draft a developmental prospect at QB, but I understand the FO not wanting to reach for one or give up picks to get a backup guy, especially with all the needs we had entering the draft.

I do believe our plan B at QB this year is even worse than last, so my only hope is that Ryan is 100% healthy for the entire 2018 season. We're gonna need him.

LOL. Who knew the secret to NE success was:

2016 3 29 91 Jacoby Brissett North Carolina State
2014 2 30 62 Jimmy Garoppolo Eastern Illinois
2011 3 10 74 Ryan Mallett Arkansas
2010 7 43 250 Zac Robinson Oklahoma State
2008 3 31 94 Kevin O'Connell San Diego State
2005 7 16 230 Matt Cassel USC
2003 6 28 201 Kliff Kingsbury Texas Tech
2002 4 19 117 Rohan Davey

LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL.

You have to be an idiot to attribute any of the Patriots success to that list of drafted QBs.

Keep posting and remove all doubt.

So according to you BELICHiCK is the idiot in this discussion?

Ah, sarcasm, the last resort of someone with no point.....

Guess I touched a nerve again. :laugh

Is that the only thing we have first hand experience with? How about a complete lack of production from the TE? How about a mother F'n inability to stop anybody on defense, especially opposing TEs and RBs? This is a team with a ton of holes. Your suggestion is to mirror the Browns. Just grab a QB dammit!!!! My suggestion is to follow the Eagles. Build a team. They you won't need miracles from your QB. You'll have a situation where good QBs can succeed.

None of this makes any sense. The Browns have actually avoided grabbing a QB since their Manziel debacle (who was also their later 1st round pick) back in 2014. The Eagles, on the other hand, traded their 1st, 3rd, and 4th in 2016, their 1st in 2017, and 2nd in 2018 to go up and "just grab a QB dammit!!!!" Worked out pretty well. Further, drafting a QB in the 3rd round or later doesn't prevent you from building your team. If we were talking about trading up in the 1st, you'd maybe have a point. We're not though. You're just lumping anything that isn't singing the glorious praises of Tannehill into the same "Tanny-hater" pot, which is nonsense. Backup QB is clearly important. That has nothing to do with Tannehill's ability, but you still see it as a threat for some reason.

How many times do you think that has happened? Exactly. Have you even bothered to look into it or are you like most of the haters on the site and just spout nonsense?

:laugh See, this is a good example. If I'm not rubbing one out to a Tannehill poster every night, then I'm a "hater." No difference between what I've argued (which isn't for getting rid of Tannehill) and a poster who wanted Tannehill replaced 2 seasons ago in your mind. All the same to you.

Anyways, the pats have spent early-to-mid-round picks on backup QBs dating back to when Brady went over the 30 year old mark. They clearly value the position and remain proactive in preparing for the eventual departure of Brady. It's a sound strategy that doesn't indicate anything about their faith in Brady's ability.

So replace Osweiler with Falk and you'd choose to spare the FO from you're fiery rage? Doesn't really add up there

I wouldn't say that. This organization hasn't been able to elicit much of an emotional reaction in me for over a decade. As for Falk, wasn't really a fan of him. That would be kind of a lateral move, IMO, but at least it would be an attempt. Falk at least has some potential, unlike Osweiler. Personally, Rudolph in the 3rd would have been a steal.

The question is what happens if we continue to have more of the same results with Tannehill, he throws around 25TDs 11 INts 4K yards. But the team finishes around 7-9.

you do realize that was/is/would be the very definition of a team problem, and not a QB problem, right?

and the guy above who questioned whether Gase could pick QB talent? uh, he's only been coach two years, and he DID pick the QB he wanted to coach. and the QB and the team BLOSSOMED into one of the tops in the league in less than a season.

what exactly dont you guys get?

I wouldn't say that. This organization hasn't been able to elicit much of an emotional reaction in me for over a decade. As for Falk, wasn't really a fan of him. That would be kind of a lateral move, IMO, but at least it would be an attempt. Falk at least has some potential, unlike Osweiler. Personally, Rudolph in the 3rd would have been a steal.
But at the end of the day, neither one of the 3 listed QBs would do much of anything if Tannehill goes down again. I don't really see a point in that reasoning.

But at the end of the day, neither one of the 3 listed QBs would do much of anything if Tannehill goes down again. I don't really see a point in that reasoning.

Not sure what you are basing that on. I believe Rudolph could. Falk (and others available a little later) possibly could. Osweiler can't. Fales can't.

Would of love to seen Rudolph as the back up for 2 years and go from there one way or the other ie: maybe a Jimmy G situation, but no reason in the world Thill can't take us to a superbowl. Absolutely nothing wrong with his play and he's trended in the right direction when not injured every single year with some pure **** coaching and OC before Gase got here. The draft was friggen excellent too A+ kudos to Gase. I'm assuming Tbaum was not as involved as hed like to of been or maybe he finally turned over a new leaf. Rudolph would of been highway robbery in the 3rd but I'm not bitching. Pretty estatic.

Not sure what you are basing that on. I believe Rudolph could. Falk (and others available a little later) possibly could. Osweiler can't. Fales can't.
I liked Rudolph 2nd most this draft out of QB spot but doubling down on LB and TE seems like the right thing to of done. Really tired of being weak as he'll at those positions.

Joe Philbin had 4 years with this team no playoffs, Gase has 2 years on his belt, made the playoffs his 1st year and because of injury to his starting QB still managed to win 6 games last year, do you really think if he makes the playoffs and will lose, that he will gone....lol...dream on

You do know you just explained recent history, like Sparano recent history. Rookie HC leads team to PO appearance only to watch his QB "the most accurate QB in history" get laughed at twice by Baltimore in one season. Sparano then opened the following season with his "the most accurate QB in history" and promptly lost his rubber band gunslinger. How much time did that give Sparano? Especially with a QB who sat his first year.

With that said, Gase is Ross man. Ross brought him in specifically for Tannehill. And neither will go anywhere until 2020. No matter what 2018 or 19 look like.

I was baffled by the lumping in of Alex Smith with that bunch ...absolutely laughable.

What I would say is, every year there are a few teams that start out hot. 4-1/5-0 or better, hot. With the QB on NFLN and ESPN talking about how they look forward to the remainder of the season. Only to be hit with reality in November and December. Alex Smith was that QB last year. But hey, a HC with a track record of getting a certain level of play from his QBs...drafted Alex's replacement...but hey Miami will stick by our boy wonder til hes 33 or so.

Back
Top Bottom