All In With Tannehill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All In With Tannehill

If the team cant win with a QB playing like that... You've got bigger fish to fry my friend...

Maybe 20 years ago but is it good enough for today's NFL? Guess we will see what happens this year. I see more of the same this season. I still think Tannehill is replaceable like everyone else.

I dont understand how a franchise like the dolphins refuse to draft QBs in the mid rounds to try to develop them.

Then I think it is time for a complete cleaning. If we cannot make the playoffs this season, we need to start over. Get rid of old expensive veterans. Bring in a new group to try something different.

Most of the roster is really young and drafted or signed and developed by us. I don't see why we would need to blow up the roster and start over.

At the end of the day, I still only view Tannehill as a perfect bridge QB like Tyrod Taylor,Sam Bradford and Alex smith. Tannehill is in that same tier of QBs in my opinion.

The way they drafted doesnt imply that at all...
I think that TBum, who's got the survival skills of a ****roach and Gase, who's smarter than the average bear and likely had Joe Vitt in his ear, very likely caucased with Ross. They gave him the option of prioritizing a 1st tier QB in the draft, expressed to him their misgiving about this class and drew a decision tree featuring the different contingencies including a Tannehill reinjury or failure and what it would mean going forward.

I know that's what I would do; by effectively making Ross the decision-maker, they would have made him aware of the upsides and downfalls of keeping the status quo under the theory that "forewarned is forearmed, so there'd be no surprises and got him to agree to a viable plan going forward.

Long way of saying: regardless of how the season plays out, I don't think either's job is in jeopardy.

At the end of the day, I still only view Tannehill as a perfect bridge QB like Tyrod Taylor,Sam Bradford and Alex smith. Tannehill is in that same tier of QBs in my opinion.

Which is good enough to win IMO with a more complete roster around him. At least we have potential to have a talented roster with depth rather than have a terrible roster AND have an average/somewhat above average QB.

The question is what happens if we continue to have more of the same results with Tannehill, he throws around 25TDs 11 INts 4K yards. But the team finishes around 7-9.

That would put him right around the top 10 - 12 QB from 2017. If they are still 7-9, they'll know that more work is needed on defense.

25 TDs would be tied for 10th
4000 yards would be 9th
25/11 ratio would be around 9th or 10th

I'm guessing he does right around that if the sacks continue to be 40+. His numbers will be higher if they can bring the sacks closer to 30.

BTW, for comparison sake, here is a stat line from last season:

QB A - 7-9-0 347 amp 540 att 64.3 pct 4093 yds 27 TDs 13 INTs 93.9 passer rating 41 sacks

How similar is that to your projection? That exact stat line would cause many on this forum to go nuts and demand Tannehill's head and his immediate replacement (ironically, QB A would be one of the guys they have clamored for). Care to guess what that stat line resulted in for QB A? Several things:

1. Demand from some here that the Dolphins sign him.
2. A 3 year $84 million contract from the Vikings.

What worries me is Miami is hoping on two things to happen: that Tannehill doesn’t get injured and that Tannehill takes the next step. Knowing Miami’s luck neither will happen.

I don’t like Miami’s chances.

Maybe 20 years ago but is it good enough for today's NFL? Guess we will see what happens this year. I see more of the same this season. I still think Tannehill is replaceable like everyone else.

I dont understand how a franchise like the dolphins refuse to draft QBs in the mid rounds to try to develop them.
Big Ben 28 TDs 14 INTs 4.3K yards
Alex Smith 26 TDs 5 INTs 4K yards
Case Keenum 22 TDs 7 INTs 3.5K yards
Jared Goff 28 TDs 7 INTs 3.8K yards
Drew Brees 23 TDs 8 INTs 4.3K yards
Cam Newton 22 TDs 16 INTs 3,3K yards
Matt Ryan 20 TDs 12 INTs 4K yards

Some of the playoffs QBs in 2017...

Big Ben 28 TDs 14 INTs 4.3K yards
Alex Smith 26 TDs 5 INTs 4K yards
Case Keenum 22 TDs 7 INTs 3.5K yards
Jared Goff 28 TDs 7 INTs 3.8K yards
Drew Brees 23 TDs 8 INTs 4.3K yards
Cam Newton 22 TDs 16 INTs 3,3K yards
Matt Ryan 20 TDs 12 INTs 4K yards

Some of the playoffs QBs in 2017...

I honestly believe that many here get a few select QBs/seasons stuck in their head and that becomes the standard that must be upheld. It is completely detached from reality.

Late round/development qbs rarely ever pan out so I don't mind that we didn't pick one.

I think the team needs to move on from Tannehill but it didn't have to do it in this draft. There was no one available at our spot. Draft impact starters like Fitzpatrick and Gesicki and then we can potentially be looking for a qb in next years draft or the following. Rosen was the only guy we had a shot at and I'm glad we didn't pick him. One bad concussion and that kids done, he's already rich.

I honestly believe that many here get a few select QBs/seasons stuck in their head and that becomes the standard that must be upheld. It is completely detached from reality.
Long story short, it often seems like Tannehill's full body of work is being compared to other QB's highlight reels...

LOL. Everybody is all it with "draft the BPA" until "their" guy isn't picked or "their" need isn't filled.
I don't think Miami did this. I'll be honest I'm not a TanFan but I finally respect this draft, first time in long time. Miami had a plan and stuck to it throw round 7. Was I hoping for Mason in rd 3 after allowing the Cards to jump us for Rosen, 100% absolutely. I'm a little disappointed but it's not the end of the world. I'm still here. I'm still going root for Tanny. Miami didn't draft BPA except for Minkah. They isolated thier need positions and drafted BPA at those position each round. I respect that. Doubling up at TE and LB was solid. Everyone was supporting Gase's need to get his type of players and that's what they did. They still have holes but in no way were they able to fix everything in 1 draft. Bottom line for me. Really no more excuses. Gase must win. If anything goes sideways, ie Tanny goes down, doesn't matter. He made his bed. It's playoffs only. We only need to improve 3 to 4 games over last year. Now I root for Gase and Tanny to prove me wrong and get me a home playoff game I can finally go to.

Long story short, it often seems like Tannehill's full body of work is being compared to other QB's highlight reels...

Tannehills full body of work is compared to who? The other QBs you listed half of them have actually accomplished more than Just a decent QB completion percentage and QB rating lol. That is the difference. Meanwhile Tannehill has really good garbage time stats but less than .500 career wins. But let's keep bragging about that garbage time stats.

But if you really like stats and numbers so much, what is tannehills career QBR and where does it rank?

Tannehills full body of work is compared to who? The other QBs you listed half of them have actually accomplished more than. Just a decent QB completion percentage and QB rating lol. That is the difference. Meanwhile Tannehill has really good garbage time stats but less than .500 career wins. But let's keep bragging about that garbage time stats.

But if you really like stats and numbers so much, what is tannehills career QBR and where does it rank?
What the hell dude? You're the one who brought up the statline, I just gave you a list of similar statlines from 2017 playoff QBs...

There was a ton of QB talent in this draft. Ryan Tannehill is coming back from a blown out knee and they don't have a strong plan if he gets hurt. If we lose two seasons because of his knee some people better lose their job.

With that said, I'm guessing Gase is high on Fales

Back
Top Bottom