All Star Division Team On O? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Star Division Team On O?

If nothing else we've managed to point out how weak the division is at TE.

Dustin Keller>>>>>>>>>>>>AFC East TEs

Keller is a stud, hes going to be all pro at TE one day. Fasano is average and so is Watson, there is nothing about their games that impress you especially Fasano. He had a decent year, but Keller has way more skill.
If you were asked which TE in the AFC East would you want on your team, if you answered Fasano, well you are just a Dolphin homer.

No idea where you get your info.watson is a bigger and better blocker. the pats TE lead block for the 2nd best rushing attack in the AFC. watson had a 55 catch season 2 yrs ago .He is more of an inside blocking presence with wes /randy and 3rd receiver.

If you are going to use some one to only as a WR why not wes welker as a receiver in the flats where a TE operates. He has 2 100 catch season working the same area as keller between the hashes.

No idea where you get your info.watson is a bigger and better blocker. the pats TE lead block for the 2nd best rushing attack in the AFC. watson had a 55 catch season 2 yrs ago .He is more of an inside blocking presence with wes /randy and 3rd receiver.

If you are going to use some one to only as a WR why not wes welker as a receiver in the flats where a TE operates. He has 2 100 catch season working the same area as keller between the hashes.

They had more attemopts but iour RBs had a better YPC and we had the AFCs leading rusher. Clearly keller lacks w/ blocking right now and is behind the other guys but it's also clear that he is vastly superior as a receiver.

How is it clear that he's VASTLY superior? lol

Keller had 48 rec's.....Fasano had 34....you're talking about less than a catch a game difference over the course of the season...

Keller had 535 rec. yards.....Fasano had 454....

Keller averaged 11.1 YPC.....Fasano averaged 13.3...

Keller had 3 TD's.....Fasano had 7.....

Does that mean Fasano is VASTLY superior in the red zone?

Keller is a blown up WR...Fasano is a classic, "in-line" tight end...

Keller is an excellent pass catcher....Fasano is VASTLY superior as a blocker....so I guess it can depend on where you want to put your emphasis...

Ben Watson had a down year in 2008...

IMO Fasano is MUCH closer to being the complete package at tight end than Keller is...

Keller was a ROOKIE who didn't even start early in the year, Fasano was a 3rd year player starting every game.

So you're ready to put a rookie that can't block as the best TE in the division just because he caught 48 passes?

Fasano had only started 11 games in his career prior to last season....and none of those starts in Dallas was he ever "the guy".....he was the "other" TE opposite a pro bowler...

Fasano did quite well for himself in his first year as a starter....so did Keller...but I can't put him above Fasano and/or Watson just yet....

So you're ready to put a rookie that can't block as the best TE in the division just because he caught 48 passes?

Fasano had only started 11 games in his career prior to last season....and none of those starts in Dallas was he ever "the guy".....he was the "other" TE opposite a pro bowler...

Fasano did quite well for himself in his first year as a starter....so did Keller...but I can't put him above Fasano and/or Watson just yet....

Yes b/c there aren't any big time TEs in the div. Fasano has done very little in 3 years, watson is avreage like Fasano. Neither has done anything to tell me they will be better this year.

Fasano played for 2 years in Dallas, his # of starts was irrelevant. The TE Dallas drafted last year in 1 year put up better #s than Fasano did in 2 and di so w/ Romo msising games and Brad Johnson playing for part of the year.

I would argue that whatever Fasano did as a rookie or 2nd year player with the Dallas Cowboys has nothing to do with who the best TE in this division is...

Personally, I'll take Fasano season last year over Keller's.....but that's not the point either....the point is who is the best TE....and to me Fasano is the better player....period...and I'm the furthest thing from a homer as you can get...

...but...maybe someone should notify Bill Parcells that there was a rookie TE in Dallas that put up better numbers than Fasano did there opposite Witten....maybe we could trade Fasano and throw in a 2nd rounder and get him...

I don't think there's a GM that would agree w/ you but it's your opinion.

There's no question that Keller has the upside to be the best TE in the division from a receiving prospective and creating a mismatch....but I think you're jumping the gun a little bit...and slighting Fasano's first season as a starter...

It also depends on the offense....I'm more old school when it comes to tight ends....I prefer the guy that'll catch 40 balls a year and score 5 TD's, but is an excellent blocker over the bulked up WR who catches 70 balls a year and scores 8 TD's but can't block my niece...

It was his 3rd year in the league and he had 7 TDs. Keller is better, there's not really much of a debate.

My mistake. I combined Fasano's 7 with Martin's 3 at TE.

Keller was a ROOKIE who didn't even start early in the year, Fasano was a 3rd year player starting every game.

True story but, Martin played a lot and caught 31 passes for 450. Fasano was an average blocker the first part of the season and got consistantly better. He is the more complete TE.

Here's a couple of questions for all. How much did Keller benefit by having Cole and Coutchery? Or, did Fasano benefit by not having established WR's?

Keller put up good numbers....but Brett Favre ALWAYS got his TE's good numbers. Hell, he made Donald Lee look like a viable weapon.

Keller is SUPPOSED to be the better receiver, the better vertical threat...the better weapon.

But he had less YPC and less TD's than Fasano.

Fasano is the better blocker, and was a better playmaker. Can you show 1 example of Keller breaking tackles after the catch like Fasano did throughout the year? I also remember Keller dropping passes...Fasano may have dropped 2 all year. Keller can get open better, I'll give him that...but it ends there IMO.

I don't think there's a GM that would agree w/ you but it's your opinion.
umm, no GM but ours, who is the best GM in the league might I add!! The tuna brought this guy in who was a backup(to one of the best TE in the league) and made him a formidable offensive weapon. Keller is garbage..period. Let's see what he does this year making the switch from a future HOF'mer QB to a rookie QB with crap for experience. Take your garbage talk to your garbage forums! I can't wait till Monday Night against your loser Jet fans.. I will take great pride in smacking a few of you sissy's again. you New Yorker's are all talk but no action.

Back
Top Bottom