WR - Maynard (AFL I know)

TE -

OT -

OT -

OG -

OG -

C - Dwight

Somebody fill in the blanks quick...

It's a very diffiuclt decision but I think I go Brady at QB by the slimmest of margins.

At WR Clayton does not belong. Randy Moss, Al Toon, Warfield, Eric Moulds are all guys I think that were better than Clayton among others.

TE: Coates or Keith Jackson

I'll give C to Stephenson though Mawae isn't far behind.

Marvin Powell at RT, Webb at LT
Little and Hannah at G

It's a very diffiuclt decision but I think I go Brady at QB by the slimmest of margins.

At WR Clayton does not belong. Randy Moss, Al Toon, Warfield, Eric Moulds are all guys I think that were better than Clayton among others.

Little and Hannah at G

Though it isn't possible, I'd love to see what Marino could've done on the same teams Brady was on and vice versa.

fair enough. but, call it home field advantage....Marino gets the nod here. ;)

I suggested Warfield...but I think Clayton stays. Warfields entire body is HOF, but even though dominant while a Dolphin, the numbers just don't add up. Randy Moss has only 2 years in division, not enough work either.

Al Toon? Alright...but how can you possibly argue his 31 TD's vs Clayton's 81? Or Moulds' 48? Clayton also had a supperior yards per catch. Nat Moore and Mark Duper come closer than those 2.

Keith Jackson was a great talent....but played in the AFC East only 3 years....I think you gotta give this one to Coates.

If not Stephenson, then it would be Jim Langer (HOF)....then Mawae.

Little and Hannah at G

I'll buy that. Sucks that 2 Bills HOF guards have to get left out in the cold though.

fair enough. but, call it home field advantage....Marino gets the nod here. ;)

I suggested Warfield...but I think Clayton stays. Warfields entire body is HOF, but even though dominant while a Dolphin, the numbers just don't add up. Randy Moss has only 2 years in division, not enough work either.

Al Toon? Alright...but how can you possibly argue his 31 TD's vs Clayton's 81? Or Moulds' 48? Clayton also had a supperior yards per catch. Nat Moore and Mark Duper come closer than those 2.

Keith Jackson was a great talent....but played in the AFC East only 3 years....I think you gotta give this one to Coates.

If not Stephenson, then it would be Jim Langer (HOF)....then Mawae.

I'll buy that. Sucks that 2 Bills HOF guards have to get left out in the cold though.

Clayton was a product of Marino, Toon had a big time QB basically for his rookie year and part of his 2nd year but other than that he had the injured O'brien, Kyle mackey, Tony Eason, Pat Ryan. Toon was on his way to a great career until concussions ended his career early. despite playing 51 less games Toon has almost as many recs as Clayton.

Nat Morre was a compiler, the guy didn't even have a 1,000 yd season- heck he never had a 900 yd season. his career high was 840 yds.

Mawae is going to the HOF some day as well.

Clayton was a product of Marino, Toon had a big time QB basically for his rookie year and part of his 2nd year but other than that he had the injured O'brien, Kyle mackey, Tony Eason, Pat Ryan. Toon was on his way to a great career until concussions ended his career early. despite playing 51 less games Toon has almost as many recs as Clayton.

Nat Morre was a compiler, the guy didn't even have a 1,000 yd season- heck he never had a 900 yd season. his career high was 840 yds.

Mawae is going to the HOF some day as well.

almost as many receptions.....and 50 less TD's. 3 yards less per reception. Nat Moore? there's something to be said for longevity, durability and consistency. He does have as many All-Pro seasons as Al Toon (1). He also had 6+ receiving TD's in a season 8 times....Al Toon? twice. Again, I'm not putting Nat Moore on the team....just saying he's ahead of Toon.

want a better comparison for Toon.....it's Chris Chambers. Chambers NEVER had a big time QB, played 2 less years in division, yet has similar numbers.

Mawae may make it to the HOF (not a sure thing by any stretch) but if he does, he will have as many years played for Seattle and Tennessee as he did the Jets (8). Langer played is first 10 years in the division, making all 6 pro bowls and 4 first team all-pros as a member of the phins.

almost as many receptions.....and 50 less TD's. 3 yards less per reception. Nat Moore? there's something to be said for longevity, durability and consistency. He does have as many All-Pro seasons as Al Toon (1). He also had 6+ receiving TD's in a season 8 times....Al Toon? twice. Again, I'm not putting Nat Moore on the team....just saying he's ahead of Toon.

want a better comparison for Toon.....it's Chris Chambers. Chambers NEVER had a big time QB, played 2 less years in division, yet has similar numbers.

Mawae may make it to the HOF (not a sure thing by any stretch) but if he does, he will have as many years played for Seattle and Tennessee as he did the Jets (8). Langer played is first 10 years in the division, making all 6 pro bowls and 4 first team all-pros as a member of the phins.

he had Dan Marino throwing him passes when marino was at his peak and no running game.

Moore was an average WR, had a nice career but he doesn't really belong in the discussion. There's no way he's ahead of Toon, he played 76 more games and had 7 LESS recs. The man never even had a 900 yd season let wlone a 1,000 yd season.

Chambers plays in an era where WR #s are very different than 1985-1992. Al Toon was MUCH better than Chris Chambers and Nat Moore.

Moore: 13 years. top 10 in recs once(4th), top 10 in rec TDs twice(led once and 10th), top 10 in yards once
Toon: 8 years. top 10 in recs 4 times(led once, top 3 three times), top 10 in rec TDs once(8th), top 10 in yds 3 times
Chambers: 8 years. Top 10 in ZERO times, top 10 in rec TDs twice(3rd), top 10 in rec yds ZERO times.

Clearly Toon is the best of the 3.

Mawae played 7 full seasons for us and in those 7 seasons he made 6 Pro Bowls and was 1st team all-pro twice. That's a good % especially when Dermonti Dawson and Tom Nalen were C's at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom