All-Time Greatest Dolphins Kicker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-Time Greatest Dolphins Kicker

CaptainK

Practice Squad
Reaction score
People are always talking about the greatest Dolphins running back, quaterback, and wide receiver. But I haven't heard the definitive word on who the greatest Dolphins kicker is. My top 3 are Garo Yepremian, Pete Stoyanovich and Olindo Mare - with Garo getting the nod. Mostly because of is consistency, Pro Bowl status, making 6 field goals in one game, making game winning kicks continuously during the 1971-1973 Super Bowl runs - especially in the marathon Christmas Day 1971 playoff game against the Kansas City Chiefs catipulting the team to it's 1st AFC Championship Game.

Garo was the greatest pure passer ever, but somehow not the greatest QB.

ih8brady said:
Garo was the greatest pure passer ever, but somehow not the greatest QB.

Garo Yepremian BEST EVER....January 14, 1973.....4th Quarter time ticking down,,,,Dolphins holding a 14-0 lead in the 4th quarter of Superbowl VII...Yepremian in to kick....ooops the ball is bouncing around...Garo takes a big swing with his right leg and whiffs...the ball bounces up and Garo does his best "volleyball set" and knocks it right into the arms of a Redskin who runs it back for a TD.....making it 14-7.....luckily the Dolphins won the game but they totally dominated the Skins.....I think this was the funniest moment in NFL History...I wish i still had the clip for those of you who may never have seen it or have forgotten about it. :lol:

Nublar7 said:
:lol: Mr. 0-1 on Extra Point trys. Also, I can't believe we were the FIRST team in NFL history to have 3 Kickers on the team at once(Mare, Bryant and Gramatica).

Automatica Gramatica

Back
Top Bottom