All-Time Greatest Dolphins Kicker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-Time Greatest Dolphins Kicker

Imagine if we had made that kick in the superbowl after being up 14-0. It would have made the superbowl score 17-0 just like our record and would have been the first superbowl shutout in history!!!!!!!!:fire: I WAS SO MAD!:yell:

Olindo Mare. New England 2002.

Are you talking about the overtime game that Mare blew twice at the end because of the dirt? If so, that was 2003.

Comeon guys, know your Dolphin history. He's obvisouly talking about the last game of the 2002 season up in New England where Mare kicked a f'ing kickoff out of bounds, giving the Pats the ball at the 40, not only costing us the game, but we would of been the AFC East champions. Instead we didn't even make the playoffs :yell:

Mare has botched game after game for us against the Pats :fire:

I have to say its betweeen Uwe Vanshamon (I know its not spelled right but I am too tired to look it up) and Pete Stoyanavich Mr. clutch for many years, both came through for us in many big games, although Mare has been good he has faltered in some big ones.

Ewe Von Schauman And Fuad Reveiz Were Tough For Us For Years But Ewe Missed A Big Kick Against The Chargers In The Best Game In History.i Love Pete But He Missed A Big One Too In 1994 Against The Chargers. Mare Has Just Used Up All His Welcome With His Inconsistency, The Pats Love Him Since He Can't Make The Big Kick Against Them Unlike Vinetari. I Have To Go With Our Proud History With Garo!! He's Proven!!

Booth Lusteg

Now, how many here could have come up with that name? Hey, I was maybe 7 or 8 but I remember him.

Also, I remember a game in which our punter had to placekick in an emergency. I think it was Seiple and the last game of '68 vs. the Jets. Anyway, whoever it was he botched a 10-yard field goal off the upright in the first quarter and we got killed. That's when the goal posts were on the goal line.

Mare for talent.Yepremian for clutch kicking although he was the worst QB I have ever seen.It added as little comic relief to game that was dominated by the fins.We have that game right now on the torrents.Check the thread indicated in my sig.

Mare

Vs The Browns this year, that 52 Yd Field goal to win the game, with a pulled hamstring and 15MPH wind in his face.

Semedi said:
Comeon guys, know your Dolphin history. He's obvisouly talking about the last game of the 2002 season up in New England where Mare kicked a f'ing kickoff out of bounds, giving the Pats the ball at the 40, not only costing us the game, but we would of been the AFC East champions. Instead we didn't even make the playoffs :yell:

Yup, thanks for backing me up. It was 2002, and that game was the biggest blow of them all.

CaptainK said:
People are always talking about the greatest Dolphins running back, quaterback, and wide receiver. But I haven't heard the definitive word on who the greatest Dolphins kicker is. My top 3 are Garo Yepremian, Pete Stoyanovich and Olindo Mare - with Garo getting the nod. Mostly because of is consistency, Pro Bowl status, making 6 field goals in one game, making game winning kicks continuously during the 1971-1973 Super Bowl runs - especially in the marathon Christmas Day 1971 playoff game against the Kansas City Chiefs catipulting the team to it's 1st AFC Championship Game.

Don't forget that Yepremian also made a play for the dolphins that will live in football follies forever. i'm talking about his botched kick where he tried to throw the football only to have it roll of his helmut into the defenses hands.

Come on...no Fued Reviez?

haha! I saw him a few years ago on some do-it-yourself tv show. he was showing you how to build a brick mailbox.

i remember he had a hot wife, too....

WES WELKER!!!!! WR,K,Return-man, Special teamer! NFL record holder!!!

Semedi said:

Another play in that game that changed his career was Jamal Fletchers pass interference call down the right sideline. BS call since it was a hailmary type pass by a desperate team down by 2 or 3 scores. Jamal actually had GREAT coverage IMO! After that, I dont think he ever recovered.....

Back
Top Bottom