All-Time Greatest Dolphins Kicker | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-Time Greatest Dolphins Kicker

hehe, how funny. I just got done watching Ace Ventura, came on this site and saw this thread.

It's Stoyo guys cmon who else could kick it off the scoreboard hit a passing plane bounce it off coach shula's head to split the uprights.

armyfinfan said:
It's Stoyo guys cmon who else could kick it off the scoreboard hit a passing plane bounce it off coach shula's head to split the uprights.

I'll never forgive Stoyonavich for missing the most important kick in Dolphins' history! I still have nightmares over that 48 yarder against the Chargers in the playoffs. :fire: Garo all the way, IMO.

john00agent said:
haha! I saw him a few years ago on some do-it-yourself tv show. he was showing you how to build a brick mailbox.

i remember he had a hot wife, too....

He ended up having a He$$ of a career up in minnesota!

Uh, not quite

CashInFist said:
I'll never forgive Stoyonavich for missing the most important kick in Dolphins' history! I still have nightmares over that 48 yarder against the Chargers in the playoffs. :fire: Garo all the way, IMO.

You named the guy who hit the most important kick in Dolphins' history. Garo made the game winner in the classic double overtime game at Kansas City in '71. That kick jumpstarted our 3 straight Super Bowl appearances.

As I've posted before, our performance in that '94 playoff game at San Diego was disgraceful ignorance. We led the entire game until the final minute or so, yet were outrushed 40 attempts to 8. We deserved to lose and I'm glad we did, considering that pantyhose approach.

ih8brady said:
Garo was the greatest pure passer ever, but somehow not the greatest QB.

HAHA thats great. :roflmao:

My favorite: Pete Stoyanovich

Pete was the man he always made the big kick. THe only one I remember him missing was a bomb aganist San Diego in a playoff game, otherwise the guy was money. I loved Mare until that Patriots game you all are talking about, we had that gam in the bag not once but twice and i dont care if it was out of the dirt he has to practice that and make those kicks. We missed the playoffs by one game and that was our one game. By the way although I hate Ricky with a passion now, do you guys remember that run he had in that New England game where it looked like he was down and he got like 5 more yards for the 1st. That was unreal his body was like parrallel with the ground and somehow he stayed up. Must have been some crazy SH** he smoked before that game.

That kickoff out of bounds was a disgrace. I will never forget that until the day i die. That pass interference was probably one of the worst I have ever seen called in my life. I had a $100 bet with 3 seperate kids from Boston that Miami would finish with a better record than New England. Although I didnt have to pay b/c they ended up having the same record, those 2 plays cost me from collecting $300. I have never felt more sick in my life over a sporting event than that game.

Awsi Dooger said:
You named the guy who hit the most important kick in Dolphins' history. Garo made the game winner in the classic double overtime game at Kansas City in '71. That kick jumpstarted our 3 straight Super Bowl appearances.

As I've posted before, our performance in that '94 playoff game at San Diego was disgraceful ignorance. We led the entire game until the final minute or so, yet were outrushed 40 attempts to 8. We deserved to lose and I'm glad we did, considering that pantyhose approach.

Did you ever hear the story about the locker room incident? apparently at half time The Dolphins mysteriously lost all power in their locker room and could not make any halftime adjustments, Shula blamed Sandiegos owner and had been furious about that for years after, the safety in that game didnt help us much either.

eddie4fins said:
Did you ever hear the story about the locker room incident? aparently at half time The Dolphins mysteriously lost all power in their locker room and could not make any halftime adjustments, Shula blamed Sandiegos owner and had been furious about that for years after, the safety in that game didnt help us much either.

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! :fire: Very true...the "Cheating Chargers"!

steveincolorado said:
Kickers??

Who cares

We all care - when the kicker either blows the game or makes the game-winning field goal. In Dolphins history, there have been plenty of such moments, just read the prior posts. By the way, Garo made a 52-yard field goal in the last minute or so, in Minnesota, to preserve the Dolphins winning streak during the Undefeated Season. It was an impressive comeback in which Jim "Mad Dog" Mandich caught a key touchdown pass and Csonka received the hardest hit of his career as he turned back to catch a pass and the DB nearly broke his back.

Back
Top Bottom