all time nfl team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

all time nfl team

Deacon over Strahan hands down. Strahan had one great year. Havent heard jack from him in a few years.

rickysux said:
qb-marino
rb-payton(best football player ever)

no way sanders or brown is better than payton! sanders could not do it all, brown played when the d-linemen were 235pounds and safetys were 175 lol
payton blocked ran and even threw a number of td passes, he could of played 5 positions, he could do it all my fav non dolphin ever sweetness

Yes! Sanders couldn't get first downs reliably. Sweetness played with more fire and had could move the sticks. Sanders is thought to be great because he made for a really good show on ESPN highlights in their 5 second clips. He didn't carry the team.

campeonaso said:
raider player

My pet peeve: If youre going to start a thread like this, the very least you can do is research the names of the guys your listing in your all time team. :cool:

claytonAndDuper said:
were all to young and we are to much homers to create an unbiased all time team.

Yea what he said...but gramatically correct. :D And for whoever said Montana over Marino....sigh. It was the best players he was referring to not the QB who was part of arguably the best dynasty of all -time. I've got love for Montana but he was a system guy.

campeonaso said:
qb marino

rb j.brown

fb csonka

wr rice carter

te winslow

dl b. smith ,reggie white,strahan

lb l taylor, seau ,butkas ,singleton

s lott and raider player

cb deion and ?
on this list the dolphins are the team that have more players :csonka ,marino ,seau , and carter
what do you think about my list

Of course the Dolphins have the most players on your list. The lists' creator is a Dolphins fan.

Dan Marino??? You lose all credibility right there. The only way he's #1 is if we're talking about the MOST OVERRATED list.

PYPER said:
Dan Marino??? You lose all credibility right there. The only way he's #1 is if we're talking about the MOST OVERRATED list.

:yell: :fire: I'd get banned if I told you my opinion of your well-informed analysis.:fire: :yell:

QB-Dan Marino
RB-Barry Sanders
FB-Larry Csonka
TE-Shannon Sharpe
WR-Jerry Rice
WR-Randy Moss
LT-Johnathan Ogden
LG-Larry Allen
C-Dwight Stephenson
RG-Gene Upshaw
RT-Anthny Munoz

DE-Deacon Jones
DT-Bob Lilly
DT-Mean Joe Greene
DE-Reggie White
LB-Junior Seau
MLB-Dick Butkus
LB-Lawrence Taylor
CB-Dick "Night Train" Lane
CB-Deion Sanders
FS-Ken Houston
SS-Rondey Lott

K-Gary Anderson
P-Ray Guy
KR-Mel Gray
PR-Billy "White Shoes" Johnson

Anyone who put anyone as a starting DE than Deacon Jones is a F*cking idiot!!! The guy had 17 sacks in a GAME but that was before they kept official stats. The guy's insanely great

jguig said:
Yes! Sanders couldn't get first downs reliably. Sweetness played with more fire and had could move the sticks. Sanders is thought to be great because he made for a really good show on ESPN highlights in their 5 second clips. He didn't carry the team.

BS he didn't he was the Lions organization from 1989 to 1998, he leaves then they go from a 9-7 or 10-6 team to a 5-11 team. No one meant more to an organization than Sanders did in Detriot. They still aren't over him

PYPER said:
Of course the Dolphins have the most players on your list. The lists' creator is a Dolphins fan.

yea sorry, should be brady right? no Bledsoe or maybe todd eason?? no qb the pats have ever had is good enough to be marinos towel boy. Best QB ever, period.

Jim Brown set a record that will NEVER be broken....In 9 years was never tackled for a loss. Jim Brown was a man among boys. Still could play in today's game.
Also, I could go on for days on why I think Marino is the best, but most will put Montana on the top.

PYPER said:

You have no idea how much i want to jump through this screen and rip your fingers off for typing that. :fire:

campeonaso said:
qb marino

rb j.brown

fb csonka

wr rice carter

te winslow

dl b. smith ,reggie white,strahan

lb l taylor, seau ,butkas ,singleton

s lott and raider player

cb deion and ?
on this list the dolphins are the team that have more players :csonka ,marino ,seau , and carter
what do you think about my list

Should that be singletary and not singleton. I would also have Randy White in there aswell as Payton,stephenson,M carter,R Dent,L Hayes and A munoz

Offense:
QB: Dan Marino, John Elway, Warren Moon
RB: Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith
FB: Jim Brown
WR: Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Tim Brown
TE: Shannon Sharpe, Kellen Winslow Sr.
OG: Russ Grimm, Gene Upshaw
C: Mike Webster, Dwight Stephenson
OT: Anthony Munoz, Richmond Webb

Defense:
DE: Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Deacon Jones
DT: Merlin Olsen, Bob Lilly, Joe Greene
LB: Lawrence Taylor, Dick Butkus, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham
CB: Rod Woodson, Mel Blount, Deion Sanders, Darrell Green
S: Ronnie Lott, Ken Houston

Special Teams:
K: Jan Stenerud
P: Ray Guy
PR: Billy Johnson
KR: Brian Mitchell

Edit: That is my list, it's not based on numbers, or any kind of statistical references, it's based on who i think had the most impact at any position during the years that i have watched Football. It may be that i have the all time leading Passer, Dan Marino as my number one QB, but even as a Phin fan i look at it as who got the job done, who won games, who had the ability, who was able to lead, comeback ect.

And WCU, your totally right about Sanders, without him they aren't even 5-11 i mean what were they the year after he retired? 2-14! I mean he had so much impact on that team, and was such a great player, thats why he's my number one running back.

Back
Top Bottom