Alot Of Rumors That We Moving On From Tannehill. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alot Of Rumors That We Moving On From Tannehill.

basically have to run a all rpo based offense with nick foles. Pederson did it last year in the playoffs and won a super bowl.

That team gets a boost with him no doubt. Looks like pederson simplifies the reads and the qb ask with him more.

Lateral move at best. Rather take the chance bwater still has some upside.

thats true and i think they were top 3 in getting after the qb too.

You can play that all rpo game as long as you stay ahead of the sticks with the run game or have the d keeping you in plan a mode scoreboard wise.

Peterson had a hell of a gameplan too. Crushed it

I like Foles for what he is, a decent starter, he's better than Tannehill in my eyes for sure, better in the pocket and doesn't fold in big games.

Would be funny if he was the new QB since when he was mentioned on here prior to this season Tannehill fans scoffed at him being better than Tannehill or even on his level.

With FIns scouts at Bowl games watching QBs Id say its a very good indicator that RT is about to lose his job in Miami

With FIns scouts at Bowl games watching QBs Id say its a very good indicator that RT is about to lose his job in Miami
Sure glad we waited for the inevitable complete fail before we decided to start looking. It’s like waiting for a worn tire to blow up before shopping for new tires.

Have to look at that Oline Foles played behind last year. Elite level.

Wait..what? Their pro bowl LT Peters was out and they had 2nd stringer VaiTai (non-elite) at the most important OL position in when Foles played.

If Tannebaum was still gonna have anything to do with Miami, then he would make a huge splash for Foles.

Foles is an upgrade over RT, but not by that much to lose draft picks or pay overs for him. There isnt anyone in FA that would be such an upgrade over RT, they are either old, of similar ability or have injury history thats worrisome. Draft pics, Grier has a pretty decent arm, but he fumbles too much IMO.

Give Fales the keys for 2019, draft D Line, ILB, O Line, CB this year then look for a college QB in the 2020 draft.

Draft Jones and keep Tannehill, it was only Temple but MY GOD is he gonna climb up those boards come April...

#DanielJones2019

It would be scary if Daniel Jones actually moved up the draft charts based on that game. As you described, he is Ryan Tannehill 2.0. The number of similarities are stunning, right down to the jersey number and inability to sense pressure. Likewise the trajectory is the same. Jones is less accurate but more confident. His resume certainly is superior to Tannehill in college, other than terrible YPA. Three year starter at quarterback.

I fully expect the same group who loved Tannehill to love Daniel Jones.

Temple has played two shockingly inept games in the past 3 seasons, and both were courtesy of this interim coach. He is totally outmatched. Two years ago I couldn't understand how they were so soft and unprepared against Wake Forest as 11.5 point favorite in that bowl game. Temple lost outright start to finish. But then prior to today's game ESPN showed a press conference of the interim head coach. It was all rah rah but no semblance of sharp. All of a sudden it was no longer a mystery what happened two years ago. Only this time it more blatant, getting blasted as 3.5 point favorite despite getting three interceptions and 2 of them from Jones.

Nick Foles really is a lateral move. And Daniel Jones might be the perfect example for my “put a talented rookie on this team, and do the same things this team did from 2012-2018, and you will get the exact same results you did with Tannehill” rant.

It would be scary if Daniel Jones actually moved up the draft charts based on that game. As you described, he is Ryan Tannehill 2.0. The number of similarities are stunning, right down to the jersey number and inability to sense pressure. Likewise the trajectory is the same. Jones is less accurate but more confident. His resume certainly is superior to Tannehill in college, other than terrible YPA. Three year starter at quarterback.

I fully expect the same group who loved Tannehill to love Daniel Jones.

Temple has played two shockingly inept games in the past 3 seasons, and both were courtesy of this interim coach. He is totally outmatched. Two years ago I couldn't understand how they were so soft and unprepared against Wake Forest as 11.5 point favorite in that bowl game. Temple lost outright start to finish. But then prior to today's game ESPN showed a press conference of the interim head coach. It was all rah rah but no semblance of sharp. All of a sudden it was no longer a mystery what happened two years ago. Only this time it more blatant, getting blasted as 3.5 point favorite despite getting three interceptions and 2 of them from Jones.

Honestly that was the first full game I ever watched of his (not a college football fan), I just like him because my Dad and Grandfather went there so I'm super biased.

I do believe he will climb up the collective boards though come April, because like RT, he is a prototype at the position and was coached by Cutcliffe.

The one thing that does concern me is his arm strength, which was not a problem for Tannehill who was the only QB I ever really studied and liked as a prospect, probably because I thought we would get him which we did.

I'd be shocked if Daniel Jones isn't a 1st round pick, because A he's a QB, B it's a very weak class from what I've read, and C he is probably book smart like Tannehill with similar physical attributes.

As hi as Miami is potentially drafting and considering how bad Harris has been (combined with a stacked D line draft), it's probably in our best interest to take defense, but if we can trade back or if Daniel Jones kills the combine or something like that, I could definitely see him landing in Miami which I would be thrilled with.

#DanielJones2019

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom