Alot Of Rumors That We Moving On From Tannehill. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alot Of Rumors That We Moving On From Tannehill.

We already have Fales lol, but it's going to cost an arm and a leg to get Foles.

#DanielJones2019, GO DUKE!

Every time I've seen him play I can't help but to see Ryan Tannehill. I tried convincing myself that it was body type and jersey number, but nope. They look like the same quarterback in action to me.

I like Haskins, but I'm really leaning towards just sucking in 2019 and going for a franchise QB in 2020. Assuming we keep Gase then 2019 is a wasted season regardless.

No way I'm overpaying for Nick Foles. Those guys who end up career backups always show their true colors eventually (Ryan Fitzpatrick for example). This board will be a mess next year if we go with some sort of crappy backup. It's pretty clear we need to draft a QB in Round 1 in 2020, I'd also draft one next year as well

Daniel jones biggest issue is despite his pretty ideal frame he possesses a very average arm.

Where he gets drafted will largely depend on how much a team buys into there being meat on the bone for improvement there with core work etc.

I don’t think I’d be interested top 15

Here are the scenarios:
You may have to add a pick but go up or position yourself for Haskins
Stay put take Lock
Stay put get a stud defender and take Grier in round 2
Trade down get another pick, take Jones in late 1st

Roll with Fales next year and position yourself for one of the three or four studs that will be available in 2020.

If it is me I either go for Haskins if the belief in him is there or suck it up and tank next year with an eye on 2020. If we tank in 2020, we will have added a nice draft this year and will not have to trade any assets to get what we need next year.

Daniel jones biggest issue is despite his pretty ideal frame he possesses a very average arm.

Where he gets drafted will largely depend on how much a team buys into there being meat on the bone for improvement there with core work etc.

I don’t think I’d be interested top 15

He may not be a top 15 talent, but if we trade back or if he somehow manages to fall to round 2 (doubt it) we need to jump on that imo.

He's used to dealing with a crap O line so he will fit right in...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/12/2019-nfl-draft-qb-daniel-jones-bowl-reaction

Last edited:
It's pretty clear we need to draft a QB in Round 1 in 2020, I'd also draft one next year as well

Very good. There's no reason we can't draft a quarterback this year and again in 2020. Then again in 2021.

That position is so vital you have to keep going until you have an unquestionably elite player. Otherwise you just kid yourself season after season that we just need to fix the offensive line...then the linebackers...then whatever.

I would draft grier w trade down in 1st rd, than w 7 rd I would pick murry just have his right to play football. in case he change his mind.

sorry I don't buy this thinking, we've also drafted a first round QB before and it worked out, and then it didn't. should we avoid drafting QBs in the first round just because we drafted one that didn't work out?

Not my point. My main point is that overpaying for Foles is a mistake. Rookies are less expensive. This team needs more than just a qb.

Back
Top Bottom