Am I the only one the doesn't really want McClain? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one the doesn't really want McClain?

when you say mcclain doesn't have the speed to go sideline to sideline you FAIL
This guy has no idea does he :lol:. I mean who cares that he had the speed to meet Jefferey Demps, one of the fastest players in the SEC, at the LOS. McClain not a playmaker? Yea, him not being a playmaker probably explains why he's the unanimous best ILB in the draft. Letting a guard tie him up 5 yards down field before making a tackle? Somebody needs to watch some tape because McClain is hands down the best ILB in the draft at shedding blocks... We don't need a coach on the field? You do realize that's one of the things that made Zach Thomas such a great MLB right? Guess not.

McClain got beat to the corner his fair share of times.. More than a Top 10 linebacker in college should.. You think that improves when he gets to the NFL???? Oooooh... I forgot, that ONE TIME he caught Demps by the heel and prevented him from sprinting to the endzone on everyone so that means he can cover S to S...?

Yea... and i forgot, please remind me how many SB we won with Zach at MLB... And quit askin for Co Signers... I've watched film on the guy and in my opinion he isnt a top 10 pick

i hardly ever see mcclain get held up in traffic...and when a guy does get to him at the 2nd level he doesn't stay blocked unlike the tape i reviewed of weatherspoon in some games and spikes among others...

mcclain is 6 ft 4 258 lbs...he's not gonna be easy to keep from getting off blocks...he flows down the los with ease

i'm not trying to be a jerk but when someone says something that is just flat out wrong i can't just roll with it...mcclain is faster than spikes and likely micah johnson (but who knows how fast he is with all his injuries) and while everyone is cooing over weatherspoon who has excellent acceleration weatherspoon struggles to maintain that high end speed in ball pursuit...

just wait and see what mcclain runs at 6 ft 4 and 258 lbs...jaws are gonna drop

McClain got beat to the corner his fair share of times.. More than a Top 10 linebacker in college should.. You think that improves when he gets to the NFL???? Oooooh... I forgot, that ONE TIME he caught Demps by the heel and prevented him from sprinting to the endzone on everyone so that means he can cover S to S...?
You do realize his size right? You do realize he has better speed than well, everybody else his size right? No point in arguing with somebody who clearly is biased for whatever reason, thus clouding their judgment. We'll just agree to disagree.

Yea... and i forgot, please remind me how many SB we won with Zach at MLB... And quit askin for Co Signers... I've watched film on the guy and in my opinion he isnt a top 10 pick

so i guess you're saying because we didn't win superbowls zach with all his instincts wasn't a great lb

just stop...or actually continue...you amuse me

i hardly ever see mcclain get held up in traffic...and when a guy does get to him at the 2nd level he doesn't stay blocked unlike the tape i reviewed of weatherspoon in some games and spikes among others...

mcclain is 6 ft 4 258 lbs...he's not gonna be easy to keep from getting off blocks...he flows down the los with ease

i'm not trying to be a jerk but when someone says something that is just flat out wrong i can't just roll with it...mcclain is faster than spikes and likely micah johnson (but who knows how fast he is with all his injuries) and while everyone is cooing over weatherspoon who has excellent acceleration weatherspoon struggles to maintain that high end speed in ball pursuit...

just wait and see what mcclain runs at 6 ft 4 and 258 lbs...jaws are gonna drop
Weatherspoon will be great in a 4-3. But some people obviously forget we run a 3-4. McClain's speed at his size, the way he sheds blocks, his instincts/smarts will be great in our 3-4. Hopefully Denver doesn't draft him, but if they lose either Dumerville or Marshall, I can see them drafting Graham/Bryant instead.

so i guess you're saying because we didn't win superbowls zach with all his instincts wasn't a great lb

just stop...or actually continue...you amuse me
It is quite amusing isn't it. Urlacher doesn't have a ring, guess he's not a good MLB either. Marino doesn't have a ring, must not be a very good QB then.

if denver takes graham i'm fine with it...i just want one of bryant or mcclain at #12 on the board...

i'd take bryant over mcclain cause i feel like the gap while large between mcclain and other ilbs isn't quite as large as the gap between bryant and the rest of this wr core...plus i feel like a pretty good ilb can be had at pick #43 or #74 etc...

plus i have bryant rated slightly higher than mcclain...

Just saying a coach on the field didnt win us a superbowl.. please continue taking comments out of context it amuses me as well...

Yes, McClain is big and quick for his size, but still gets beat to the sideline.. didnt kno that because of someones size that it excuses them from being judged on their S to S abilities. McClain doesnt get tied up often, what he does do is he waits on the G to come out to him instead of attack the LOS.. He made a lot of tackles that could have been at the LOS but ended up being gains.. laugh all you want, i could really care less. I have no bias, my opinions arent clouded.. I see what I see.. and what I see is a great college ILB and someone who will be a solid to good pro. Just not sold on him being a top 10 pick.. and i could honestly care less what any "draft guru" has to say about it.. There are plenty of other people in this world who deserve their job instead of them.. not sayin i'm one of them, but i understand the game very well.. played it for 12 years..

And thank you for those of you who are lowering my rep just because i disagree with you. Pretty classy.. not like i'm on here being an idiot. i'm expressing what i see and my opinions with what i see as valid points.. but keep spending your time lowering someones rep on an internet forum, have fun with that.. its saturday night, and i have a social life and dont need to ask other posters to cosign on my posts so i have internet buddies.. you should try getting a life outside of a forum, it's a lot of fun.

you read what you posted and tell me if we took it out of context...

anyways...i respectfully disagree with just about all of your take and game evaluations...

and i wouldn't waste my time lowering your rep...trust me

if denver takes graham i'm fine with it...i just want one of bryant or mcclain at #12 on the board...

i'd take bryant over mcclain cause i feel like the gap while large between mcclain and other ilbs isn't quite as large as the gap between bryant and the rest of this wr core...plus i feel like a pretty good ilb can be had at pick #43 or #74 etc...

plus i have bryant rated slightly higher than mcclain...
I like Bryant, but this draft is stacked with defensive talent that we could use. Next year's draft is one of the best WR classes I have ever seen. That's where I feel we should solve our WR problem, while getting a guy like Antonio Bryant to fill in til then. To each his own though.

Just saying a coach on the field didnt win us a superbowl.. please continue taking comments out of context it amuses me as well...

Yes, McClain is big and quick for his size, but still gets beat to the sideline.. didnt kno that because of someones size that it excuses them from being judged on their S to S abilities. McClain doesnt get tied up often, what he does do is he waits on the G to come out to him instead of attack the LOS.. He made a lot of tackles that could have been at the LOS but ended up being gains.. laugh all you want, i could really care less. I have no bias, my opinions arent clouded.. I see what I see.. and what I see is a great college ILB and someone who will be a solid to good pro. Just not sold on him being a top 10 pick.. and i could honestly care less what any "draft guru" has to say about it.. There are plenty of other people in this world who deserve their job instead of them.. not sayin i'm one of them, but i understand the game very well.. played it for 12 years..
For you to disscredit McClain because he can't run sideline to sideline like some other LB's are and then act like being a coach on the field doesn't matter and trying to discredit his ability to shed blocks is quite ridiculous to say the least. You act as if McClain is terrible sideline to sideline, and he isn't. He's good at it. Not great, but good. He's the best 3-4 ILB prospect in the draft hands down and is well worth a top 15 pick. Not many can disagree with that.

And thank you for those of you who are lowering my rep just because i disagree with you. Pretty classy.. not like i'm on here being an idiot. i'm expressing what i see and my opinions with what i see as valid points.. but keep spending your time lowering someones rep on an internet forum, have fun with that.. its saturday night, and i have a social life and dont need to ask other posters to cosign on my posts so i have internet buddies.. you should try getting a life outside of a forum, it's a lot of fun.
:lol: Always get a kick out of you type of posters.

Back
Top Bottom