Amendola to sign with Dolphins | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amendola to sign with Dolphins

Yes, let's be the ones to make Norwell the highest paid interior lineman in NFL history. Because those are the types of signings that have worked well for us in the past.

You make a signing like that when you are one piece -- that piece -- away. Not when you're clearly in contention for the top overall draft choice next year.

Not sure if you noticed but we've needed and neglected the guard position for quite some time. Norwell would be a building block at a position of need and would have been money well spent.

We created a hole at slot WR because our coach can't handle strong personalities and replaced him with two former undrafted FAs for 14mm/yr. That's not a good use of your resources.

I see him as more of a player/coach. His experience and intelligence will hopefully work wonders in practice and film sessions with the young guys that maybe just don't get it. I like his hard nosed style and hope that he can stay on the field but, more importantly, I want to see him be a positive influence with the WR corps and teach some of the youngsters how to go about the business of being a professional.

What younger guys? LOL. We don't have any room for them!

If that was your point (which we both know it wasn't), why wouldn't you say he's played in more than 12 games three times since 2014?

My point was pretty clear, actually. The guy has only played more than 12 games in a season 3 times since 2010. Not sure what else needs to be explained to you.

I'll even be generous and drop off 2011, since he only played 1 game that season. If you're cool with a guy who misses 3 games per year on average over the last 6 years, good for you.

Include 2011 and he misses an average of 4.5 games over the past 7 years.

But I am quite sure at 32 years of age, that's only going to improve.

What younger guys? LOL. We don't have any room for them!
Without looking it up, I think that Stills is the only receiver with more than 4 years experience on the team. Some of the younger guys haven't been on the field enough to really call them veterans. There is a lot of youth and inexperience in the WR corps to be coached up.

Umm, actually he was the a top receiver with the Rams before the Pats. If you said he is a risk because of his inconsistent past health history, that would be a possibility, but the man does have skills when he is on the field.

He'll turn 33 during the 2019 season. I don't think it matters that he was a decent slot receiver for the Rams in his mid-20's. I might be ok with the move it's a cheap deal and Miami wasn't going to give Wilson $8 million. I just don't see room for two slot receivers.

And I thought we weren't right there with Cleveland...Yep neck n neck.

Has any 1 player from NE's offense went elsewhere and been productive?
QUOTE]

Logan Mankins made the pro bowl in his 1st year after the Pats
Drew Bledsoe had his moments, three with the Bills and two with the Cowboys.
Irving Fryar 4 1000+ yard seasons after the Pats
Terry Glenn 2-1000+ yard seasons after the Pats
Curtis Martin 7-1000+ yards rushing seasons after the Pats
BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Logan Mankins made the pro bowl in his 1st year after the Pats
Drew Bledsoe had his moments, three with the Bills and two with the Cowboys.
Irving Fryar 4 1000+ yard seasons after the Pats
Terry Glenn 2-1000+ yard seasons after the Pats
Curtis Martin 7-1000+ yards rushing seasons after the Pats
BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Guess I should have been a little more specific in being After Belichick became HC.
So Fryar and Martin can come off the list.Glenn if he never had any off the field issues may have stayed a lot longer.Bledsoe ya well um ok Bill fans cringe when his name is mentioned.Mankins granted he did make the PB was an alternate.
My main point is Bill knows when to ship out his players and is usually spot on.

Back
Top Bottom