Amendola to sign with Dolphins | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amendola to sign with Dolphins

Trey Quinn will be 10 times the player Amendola ever was. Another bad decision.

This may seem nuts but I actually see now that there is a plan at work here. And that plan is to have a smarter football team. Think about it. Amendola is a guy who has a high football IQ and has been able to play in a very complex offense in New England with success. Albert Wilson is known as a guy with a very high football IQ and we went out and grabbed him.

Go back to Adam Gase's press conference on Friday after the Baltimore meltdown. He said he was done compromising his offense for anybody and he wanted guys who would learn the playbook inside and out.

A lot of things coming into focus now, IMO.

I agree.

I wonder if our Front Office does things in such an order that it stirs up a lot of negative forum talk on purpose. This way they can indirectly steer information they want out there to other media, clouding the picture of what they are planning to do until it is too late to get interfered with. NO, NO, NO, I'm beginning to sound like too many members on this forum!

I am actually convinced that the Front Office is a lot sharper than those posters who are so emotionally tied to:
  • certain players
  • concepts of how to achieve their individual football preferences
that they have a conniption fit when the FO doesn't:
  • do what they want done
  • do it the way they want it done

The Front Office has shown me during the last two years it has a plan and has been following it.

Look at the kind of players they drafted. They are looking at guys with a competent skill set who have demonstrated self discipline on the field and stayed out of trouble off the field, or have learned from their mistakes. I suspect that there has been a serious examination of their "football IQ" ( how they look at the game and their part in it, along with a demonstrated ability to learn a play book).

We have seen Gase take enough time (sometimes more than enough time) to develop a player before putting them on the field. I think Gase has always worked at keeping a play within a players skillset, but has had enough of players freelancing in place of learning their responsibility in the play.

When Gase was brought on he was asked what he wanted to see in a player. He answered that he wanted tough, smart, grinders who love the game. It should not be a surprise that this is exactly the kind of player we have sought in the past two drafts and can expect to see from this draft.

Take a look at who starts this year. I think you will see some folks that were drafted over the last two years. For those posters that scream we need to build through the draft, you are getting your wish but probably not with the draft picks you wanted.

Does the front office realize Tom Brady won't be throwing this guy the ball anymore?

I wonder if our Front Office does things in such an order that it stirs up a lot of negative forum talk on purpose. This way they can indirectly steer information they want out there to other media, clouding the picture of what they are planning to do until it is too late to get interfered with. NO, NO, NO, I'm beginning to sound like too many members on this forum!

I am actually convinced that the Front Office is a lot sharper.

Well, for what it's worth, I don't think the front office is playing the twitter/forum crowd with personnel moves. I also don't think they're the sharpest tools around.

I just think that they are actively addressing what they perceive to be a problem. Will the way they are addressing this problem work out? I don't know. But to me at least they have a coherent plan, which is more than I thought about them two days ago.

Does the front office realize Tom Brady won't be throwing this guy the ball anymore?

Does the Cleveland front office realize Ryan Tannehill will not be throwing Jarvis Landry the ball anymore?

It's possible to evaluate a receiver with respect to his play and not merely his quarterback's play, you know.

If I'm Jakeem Grant ... I'm feeling awful nervous right now. If I'm Carroo, I'm calling my agent about new teams who may be interested. If I'm DeVante Parker, I'm keeping Rotoworld on my phone at all times. None of our existing WR's can be happy about adding two new receivers.

Amendola is talented, but the knock on him--literally--is that he cannot stay healthy. Another year older and more fragile ... I sure hope there are a bunch of games-played type incentives.

Really, really hate this move. Way too much money to pay for someone that won't get us anywhere near where we need to be, I fail to see any logic in this one at all. And the kicker is he's likely to be hanging out with Pouncey et al on the treatment table for much of the year, just what we need.

Really, really hate this move. Way too much money to pay for someone that won't get us anywhere near where we need to be, I fail to see any logic in this one at all. And the kicker is he's likely to be hanging out with Pouncey et al on the treatment table for much of the year, just what we need.

Yea. I am used to this FO making mistskes, but this one baffled me

We gave this contract to Brian Hartline back when the cap was alot smaller... This is not the type of contract that'll make or break your cap situation...

Back
Top Bottom