Another Mutha Forkin’ Tua post. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Mutha Forkin’ Tua post.

Which game? I dont remember.
It was a thumb injury during practice, as I recall. Many conspiracy theorists intimated it was made up as a reason to get Fitz on the field.

Without looking back, I don't know the specific opponent.

You make a lot of poor conclusions here. As I said at the time, a chart of arm strength wasn't the ranking of QBs. Arm strength is a tool in the toolbox, and Tua doesn't have that tool. He also doesn't have elite speed or size/strength.

Being injury prone does NOT equal missed playtime. Players can play through injuries, as Tua has done, and play poorly as a result, which Tua has done. That doesn't make him LESS injury prone. In fact, some of these injury recoveries seem rushed, and make me more worried about his future health.

This is his actual injury history:

...he also hurt his thumb this past year.

Again, if you are looking for an organization to openly bad mouth their player, you are setting the bar unrealistically high.

Do YOU want to keep going?
Likewise. I will just ignore you.

Yet, he only missed considerable playing time one season.

Also, you have NO sources about the intentions of the organization. Conjecture at its finest.

You make a lot of poor conclusions here. As I said at the time, a chart of arm strength wasn't the ranking of QBs. Arm strength is a tool in the toolbox, and Tua doesn't have that tool. He also doesn't have elite speed or size/strength.

Being injury prone does NOT equal missed playtime. Players can play through injuries, as Tua has done, and play poorly as a result, which Tua has done. That doesn't make him LESS injury prone. In fact, some of these injury recoveries seem rushed, and make me more worried about his future health.

This is his actual injury history:

...he also hurt his thumb this past year.

Again, if you are looking for an organization to openly bad mouth their player, you are setting the bar unrealistically high.

Do YOU want to keep going?
Been here way too long not to notice the random newbies who drift ashore here like Coney Island Whitefish in the tide with specific agendas.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course but when their opinions are one trick pony-like and negative, we all have to wonder which other Fins forums have pulled the welcome mat out from under them for similar behavior cuz obviously this is not their first rodeo.

The bottom line for me, although it still doesn't give you free rein license to $hit on our QB from 2000 miles away is to become a paying member which at least will distinguish you from the run of the mill opposing team troll which at this point I am not sure you aren't.

Been here way too long not to notice the random newbies who drift ashore here like Coney Island Whitefish in the tide with specific agendas.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course but when their opinions are one trick pony-like and negative, we all have to wonder which other Fins forums have pulled the welcome mat out from under them for similar behavior cuz obviously this is not their first rodeo.

The bottom line for me, although it still doesn't give you free rein license to $hit on our QB from 2000 miles away is to become a paying member which at least will distinguish you from the run of the mill opposing team troll which at this point I am not sure you aren't.
Attack the poster not the argument. Yawn.

You seem to know forum rules pretty well for just drifting ashore here... I'll ask again, which other Fins forums gain is currently* Finheaven's loss?
Keep asking, I'm almost there.

Seems like rolling out was the majority of what we got from the offense last year. I wanna see more dealing from the pocket. I expect with an improved oline, this will happen.
Sitting in the pocket with the way the OL blocked last year would have gotten both Tua and Fitzpatrick injured. Hopefully the OL will be much improved in both run and pass blocking next season.

In 2016, Miami had 4 1st round draft picks on their offensive line. Alberts, Tunsil, Pouncey, and James. That's a heckuva investment in the O-line. It has been frustrating to see the front office investing so much with mixed results. And within 3 years none of these players were still with the Dolphins

The above was among many reasons I didn't want to see them draft o-line with either of their 1st round picks this year. We've seen them amass first round guys and not have it work.

Meanwhile around the league there have been many org's that have built and developed "good enough" lines using mid-round and even undrafted guys. I can see taking one or two o-line prospects with a high draft pick, and they've already done that. I didn't want to see them over do it again.
There is something very wrong in Miami when it comes to finding o-linemen. While coaching could be part of the problem, I've read that they did go through several OL coaches, some of whom were supposed to be decent. Plus, Philbin's offensive philosophy (short timing routes relying on yards after the catch, look for mismatches targeting the open receiver, and the short pass mostly replaces the run) placed little to no emphasis on linemen being able to sustain blocks since the QB was supposed to throw the ball almost immediately after the snap. That said, it shouldn't matter too much what offense Miami is running; any o-lineman who actually makes it to the NFL should have years of experience at his position and should be somewhat competent at run-blocking and pass-blocking. So, why is it that Miami can use 1st round picks on o-linemen and still not build a line that can protect their QB or open holes in the running game?

When you think about it, every draft pick used on an o-lineman during the past 10 years has been a waste, with the possible exception of those who might have some limited value as a back-up. And, if Miami should have a guy who is half-decent it wouldn't even matter because the other 4 guys would suck. Using a 1st round pick on Pouncey, James, and Tunsil was a waste, as their on-field performance did nothing to improve the overall play of the line. (The only one with any value was Tunsil; not for his play, but for the draft picks they got by trading him.) While other teams can build a decent o-line with mid-round draft picks, Miami throws 1st round picks at the problem and still fails miserably. An o-line comprised of 5 guys who are rated average at their position would be a vast improvement over every line that Miami has fielded over the past 10 years. So, why can't Miami find 5 average guys who can block? Or, is it that the blocking schemes of several regimes were so poor that competent linemen were rendered ineffective? Neither Philbin nor Gase were qualified to run an NFL team, much less an offense, so I'm sure some blame can be put on them and their blocking schemes. Flores however appears to be different; when hired he said that he wanted to have a strong running game. But, the linemen recently drafted who were described as being "maulers" who would improve the running game weren't very good at run-blocking and were no better at pass-blocking.

For some reason, Miami's Front Office is incapable of finding competent o-linemen. My first thought was to have them build a line with guys drafted by other teams. But, IMO the last lineman they got via Free Agency or a trade who was decent was Incognito; everyone else was injury-prone, over-the-hill close to retirement, or signed just for depth. On most teams, an average line supplemented with a 1st or 2nd round pick or two turns into a good line. In Miami, they add 1st round picks to a below-average line, and the line remains below-average. There's a big problem here... so why can't anyone on the team recognize this and fix it? 2020 had three rookies on the line. Hopefully, they'll pan out and the line will improve. If not, then they're screwed. Actually, after gutting a bad team and rebuilding with a better Head Coach, a supposedly high-potential QB, and a ton of early draft picks, this team should be knocking at the door of not only a 2021 playoff berth, but of possibly a playoff victory (or two). IMO, failure to do so would mean that a below-average o-line is the least of their worries!

I commented last season that I noticed a tendency that he throws mainly to his left. I'm not sure if it was by design (to cater to his strength) or if his progression reads were left focused... meaning he naturally looks left ... I don't break down tapes or watch the all 22 angles so I may be off base a bit.

One reply to my comment suggested it's because of the throwing motion to the opposite side is a throw across the body and it's hard to do... but I see Qb's make crazy throws left, right and middle all the time ... off balanced ... off one foot ... falling back ... whatever it takes to get the ball out to whoever is open ... these Qb's, for the most part, are play makers scrambling around for their lives at times throwing dimes many times ... guys that make chicken soup out of chicken $hit ... I haven't seen that from Tua .... we will see this season if he has that one intangible that separates him from a solid starting Qb in the NFL (Pennington, Alex Smith) or another super star (Rodgers, Brady)

I know the obvious ... he was a rookie ... no OL protection ... just came off a major injury ... doesn't have any help @ Wr ... blah blah blah .... Tua has shown he belongs in the NFL and he has shown toughness and resilience .... I look at next gen stats and see his pocket time (time to throw) is on par with some of the top Qb's ....

He hasn't shown he is the answer when things slide sideways IMO. We all hope he is the answer.

Build the team ... the Qb will follow
Tua threw 117 passes to the left and 100 to the right... This is nothing out of the ordinary IMO...

There is something very wrong in Miami when it comes to finding o-linemen. While coaching could be part of the problem, I've read that they did go through several OL coaches, some of whom were supposed to be decent. Plus, Philbin's offensive philosophy (short timing routes relying on yards after the catch, look for mismatches targeting the open receiver, and the short pass mostly replaces the run) placed little to no emphasis on linemen being able to sustain blocks since the QB was supposed to throw the ball almost immediately after the snap. That said, it shouldn't matter too much what offense Miami is running; any o-lineman who actually makes it to the NFL should have years of experience at his position and should be somewhat competent at run-blocking and pass-blocking. So, why is it that Miami can use 1st round picks on o-linemen and still not build a line that can protect their QB or open holes in the running game?

When you think about it, every draft pick used on an o-lineman during the past 10 years has been a waste, with the possible exception of those who might have some limited value as a back-up. And, if Miami should have a guy who is half-decent it wouldn't even matter because the other 4 guys would suck. Using a 1st round pick on Pouncey, James, and Tunsil was a waste, as their on-field performance did nothing to improve the overall play of the line. (The only one with any value was Tunsil; not for his play, but for the draft picks they got by trading him.) While other teams can build a decent o-line with mid-round draft picks, Miami throws 1st round picks at the problem and still fails miserably. An o-line comprised of 5 guys who are rated average at their position would be a vast improvement over every line that Miami has fielded over the past 10 years. So, why can't Miami find 5 average guys who can block? Or, is it that the blocking schemes of several regimes were so poor that competent linemen were rendered ineffective? Neither Philbin nor Gase were qualified to run an NFL team, much less an offense, so I'm sure some blame can be put on them and their blocking schemes. Flores however appears to be different; when hired he said that he wanted to have a strong running game. But, the linemen recently drafted who were described as being "maulers" who would improve the running game weren't very good at run-blocking and were no better at pass-blocking.

For some reason, Miami's Front Office is incapable of finding competent o-linemen. My first thought was to have them build a line with guys drafted by other teams. But, IMO the last lineman they got via Free Agency or a trade who was decent was Incognito; everyone else was injury-prone, over-the-hill close to retirement, or signed just for depth. On most teams, an average line supplemented with a 1st or 2nd round pick or two turns into a good line. In Miami, they add 1st round picks to a below-average line, and the line remains below-average. There's a big problem here... so why can't anyone on the team recognize this and fix it? 2020 had three rookies on the line. Hopefully, they'll pan out and the line will improve. If not, then they're screwed. Actually, after gutting a bad team and rebuilding with a better Head Coach, a supposedly high-potential QB, and a ton of early draft picks, this team should be knocking at the door of not only a 2021 playoff berth, but of possibly a playoff victory (or two). IMO, failure to do so would mean that a below-average o-line is the least of their worries!
Agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom