Another Mutha Forkin’ Tua post. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Mutha Forkin’ Tua post.

*WE* being those that for whatever reason didn't see him play enough to recognize that arm strength wasn't an issue when the dude was healthy and hadn't lost strength due to a major injury.

Processing speed also wasn't an issue when under a competent coordinator and having experience in the system.

Thats your evaluation. I respect it but it doesn't mean I agree just because a person saud it.

I don't want anyone to change their mind, I dont particularly care. I just want to not be pooped on for my own.

In 2016, Miami had 4 1st round draft picks on their offensive line. Alberts, Tunsil, Pouncey, and James. That's a heckuva investment in the O-line. It has been frustrating to see the front office investing so much with mixed results. And within 3 years none of these players were still with the Dolphins

The above was among many reasons I didn't want to see them draft o-line with either of their 1st round picks this year. We've seen them amass first round guys and not have it work.

Meanwhile around the league there have been many org's that have built and developed "good enough" lines using mid-round and even undrafted guys. I can see taking one or two o-line prospects with a high draft pick, and they've already done that. I didn't want to see them over do it again.

Last edited:
Thats your evaluation. I respect it but it doesn't mean I agree just because a person saud it.

I don't want anyone to change their mind, I dont particularly care. I just want to not be pooped on for my own.

Nobody suggested that you should take anybody's word for it.

It's easy enough to research and find the throws I'm talking about. IDK how you can watch many of those throws and not come away feeling at least somewhat differently.

But if you don't particularly care and just find it easier to buy in to false narratives, more power to you. It won't make me dislike you any.

Dude, go away. You offer nothing but hyperbole and conjecture.
You Tua guys are very angry people. If you have a different opinion, that's fine. I'm not asking you to go away.

However, I believe the org saw the same things I did, and was trying to move on from Tua this offseason. We'll see how this plays out.

You Tua guys are very angry people. If you have a different opinion, that's fine. I'm not asking you to go away.

However, I believe the org saw the same things I did, and was trying to move on from Tua this offseason. We'll see how this plays out.
Show me any evidence they wanted to move on from Tua and not speculation.

I have no issue with ppl having differing opinions, if there is some rationale behind them, but can you clarify that statement? Maybe point to someone inside the organization as a source?

Because someone "thinks" something, doesn't mean there are valid reasons behind it?

I'll say this...

If Tua falls flat this season, we have the pieces in place for Watson to come in and have weapons all over the place...

It's all gone dark in that situation. I think it gets taken care of one way or the other pretty soon.

This is a big year for Tua.

Show me any evidence they wanted to move on from Tua and not speculation.
I have no issue with ppl having differing opinions, if there is some rationale behind them, but can you clarify that statement? Maybe point to someone inside the organization as a source?

Because someone "thinks" something, doesn't mean there are valid reasons behind it?

I think if you are looking for someone inside the organization as a source, you are setting the bar unrealistically high. No coach or org member is going to bad mouth a player on record PRIOR to a trade being agreed upon. However, obviously we have their actions during the season, and no matter what Flo says, actions speak louder than words. Tua wasn't benched multiple times because Flo was a big believer in Tua's abilities.

No problem with different opinions. I have a problem with assinine options. You put up a chart about Arm strength and velocity, which if we follow it to your conclusion point Drew Lock is better than Watson. Then when you realize this, you talk about Tua's athleticism in a year that he is recovering from a major surgery. Then you say that he is always injured, when he has had one major injury and never missed a game as pro due to injury. Then you bring up that the team wanted to move on, when they explicitly said they DIDNT. Want to keep going?

I think if you are looking for someone inside the organization as a source, you are setting the bar unrealistically high. No coach or org member is going to bad mouth a player on record PRIOR to a trade being agreed upon. However, obviously we have their actions during the season, and no matter what Flo says, actions speak louder than words. Tua wasn't benched multiple times because Flo was a big believer in Tua's abilities.
Conjecture at its finest.

Suggest you read the article in this thread. Its gives a direct quote from Flo on this exact point

No problem with different opinions. I have a problem with assinine options. You put up a chart about Arm strength and velocity, which if we follow it to your conclusion point Drew Lock is better than Watson. Then when you realize this, you talk about Tua's athleticism in a year that he is recovering from a major surgery. Then you say that he is always injured, when he has had one major injury and never missed a game as pro due to injury. Then you bring up that the team wanted to move on, when they explicitly said they DIDNT. Want to keep going?
Actually he did miss a game due to injury. Technically he was active, but he was held out from starting.

Not being arguementative, just respectfully pointing something out.

Last edited:
Actually he did miss a game due to injury. Technically he was active, but he was held out from starting.

Not bein arguementative, just respectfully pointing something out.
Which game? I dont remember.

You make a lot of poor conclusions here. As I said at the time, a chart of arm strength wasn't the ranking of QBs. Arm strength is a tool in the toolbox, and Tua doesn't have that tool. He also doesn't have elite speed or size/strength.

Being injury prone does NOT equal missed playtime. Players can play through injuries, as Tua has done, and play poorly as a result, which Tua has done. That doesn't make him LESS injury prone. In fact, some of these injury recoveries seem rushed, and make me more worried about his future health.

This is his actual injury history:
— March 2018: During a spring practice before his first full season as Alabama's starter, Tagovailoa hits a lineman's helmet while throwing a pass and suffers a broken left index finger. The injury requires a quick surgery, but he misses no practice time.

— October 2018: Tagovailoa tweaks his knee during a win over Missouri. It's later revealed that he suffered a knee sprain, but he misses no time and is back in the lineup the following week against Tennessee.

— November 2018: During a late-season game against Mississippi State, Tagovailoa in the third quarter takes a hit to his left quad, the same leg of his knee injury a month prior. He sits out the rest of the game, an Alabama win, and returns the following week against The Citadel.

— December 2018: In the fourth quarter of the SEC championship game against Georgia, Alabama left tackle Jonah Williams accidentally steps on Tagovailoa's right ankle and causes an injury. Tagovailoa sits out the rest of the game and eventually has a tightrope procedure performed on his ankle so he can return for the College Football Playoff.

— October 2019: Tagovailoa suffers another right ankle injury, this time a high ankle sprain during a win over Tennessee. He again opts to undergo a tightrope procedure for a quick recovery. He misses one game (a win over Arkansas) before returning to start in Alabama's loss to LSU.

— November 2019: Toward the end of the first half of a blowout win against Mississippi State, Tagovailoa suffers the nasty hip injury that prematurely ends his college career.

...he also hurt his thumb this past year.

Again, if you are looking for an organization to openly bad mouth their player, you are setting the bar unrealistically high.

Do YOU want to keep going?

Back
Top Bottom