Anyone else agree Herbert.... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else agree Herbert....

I don't want to poop on two nice throws from Tua, but those 28 and 35ish yard same-side loft balls aren't really in the same ballpark as a 49 yard rocket from the numbers on the right side of the field to the numbers on the left side of the field, right? That had to be at least 60ish yards in the air. I don't think anyone would deny that Herbert has a more talented arm at this point, right?
Not dismissing the importance of arm strength but Jamarcus Russell was known to have one of the strongest arms in the NFL and he did not have much of a career. It takes a lot more than arm strength to make a QB. Having said that Herbert is a heck of a QB and Chargers are lucky to have him.

Why is this even a debate ? Herbert is far superior. And more durable. And a better fit for the afc East. Grier blew it. Badly.
It’s not really a debate for 99.9% of all football fans. In order for it to even begin to maybe eventually become a debate, both players have to actually be able to play consistently. There’s no point in even beginning a debate until that happens.

I'm sorry, but in what universe can Tua make a throw like this? Tua couldn't make this throw in his abusive father's dreams. Herbert's career so far is filled with these throws. The answer is no. Herbert is the better QB at the moment so he would be doing better here. Tua's main selling point heading into the draft was how pro-ready he was, even over Burrow. Herbert's main criticism was that he would take year's to develop. Turns out both opinions were wrong. Herbert stepped into the league and began lighting it up on raw talent and instincts alone. This year he has become more polished, but the scary thing is that he still has so much room to grow. I still think Tua can be a good QB eventually (top 15) maybe even a very good QB (top 10?) but he is not there right now. Herbert is a top 10 QB NOW and an argument could be made that he is knocking on the door for top 5. Thread's like this are defeatist in nature and only shrug off responsibility for missing on a franchise altering pick.

Herbert is a very bright intellectual young man. He did very well in classes and truly enjoys learning. Couple that with his physical gifts and it’s a great recipe for success as a QB.

One thing Tua and Herbert have in common is that they are both humble, hard working, classy young men.

Or….

You look at the numbers from last year a little closer

Running this years numbers into last years numbers doesn’t tell the story just how bad Miami has been

Forget about the Olines - SD vastly improved their line

SD boasts a RB and WR tandem that is the toast of the league

Last year Ekelor got hurt true that

Look at the separation that Herberts WRs got in 2020 now look at the YAC

Now compare the Jags that Tua had in 2020 and 2021

The only weapon that stands out between SD and Miami 2020-2021 is MG even the back ups in SD outmatch Miami’s starters save for Waddle who is this years Lynn Bowden Jr (2020)

Don’t lay it on the QBs feet - never mind you will anyways

Miami needs an overhaul of GM and Coaches
you clearly didn't read what i wrote. Herbert, statistically, had THE WORST OL in football last year and was the best young QB in the game

It’s not really a debate for 99.9% of all football fans. In order for it to even begin to maybe eventually become a debate, both players have to actually be able to play consistently. There’s no point in even beginning a debate until that happens.
If durability is a problem for one of the players, which it clearly is, said player is already behind the other. This isn’t even close.

Whatever...

Ill say it again.. Herbert's line was worse than Tua's and won ROY.

Tua had all three WRs today and scored how much?

Austin Ekeler, who is as injury prone as Parker, isn't that much of an upgrade from Gaskins.
Smooth brain take here

Really hard to believe that any young QB or any young player in general would have much success playing under this coaching staff.
Exactly! It’s our organization. For decades now too. Look at Tannehill. He’s proven to be a solid franchise qb on a competent team who put enough pieces around him to be successful. Also a competent offensive coaching staff and Oline with a good system and a great running back. And a very good Oline.

We failed to do that here. Tannehill has proven to be a top 10 QB if in a good team. He’d be that on any number of teams in the nfl. And he wouldn’t be that on any number of bad teams. Like the dolphins. It’s not the Qb that’s held us back all these years. Sure u need one of those, but you also need a good organization that is competent enough to put him in a position to succeed by assembling a competent front office that can bring in players like offensive linemen and skill players and an offensive coaching staff that can develop those players and install a system that allows them all to succeed.

Hell if we could’ve done that like the Titans then we already had our franchise qb 10 years ago. But we didn’t then and we don’t now.

The house that needs to be cleaned is the entire scouting, general manager, and coaching staff. There are some good players in this team. But the offensive line and wr room needs to be rebuilt and I don’t trust these clowns that we have in place to do so.

Until we do, no qb can reach his potential on this team and this team is going nowhere.

Talent and strength are completely different. I would agree Herbert has more arm "strength" and could probably throw the bar farther, I also say Tua has vastly better accuracy in his throws at slightly less distance. Its a good throw by Herbert, but I judge on totality and going over his All-22's his accuracy is hit and miss. There are multiple examples of Tua throwing 30-35 yard throws incredibly accurately. IMO, thats leaps and bounds better than just chucking the ball far down the field. I don't think Tua is limited by not being able to throw it 50 yards downfield. Hell it would be a luxury to even have that opportunity at this point.
Where are the 30-35 yard incredibly accurate throws? They don't exist. Here's the real question. If you were starting a team, who would you take Tua or Herbert? If you say Tua, I have to question your objectivity first and your sanity second. He's not even in the ballpark. He's not even in the parking lot of the ballpark. Throwing accurate balls 10 yards and under is Tua's game. Beyond that, he's been average to bad.

and Burrow would be struggling just as much if not more behind this oline and with this coaching staff?? I mean the line isn't even college level. Every play someone gets beat right off the snap, usually Jackson or Davis, and the rest of the line just gets pushed back into the QB. So sick of watching other guys like Allen, Herbert and Burrow get clean pockets with time to go through reads and find open receivers. :(
People keep saying this and Herbert had one of the lowest rated offensive lines last year.

Back
Top Bottom