Anyone else agree Herbert.... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else agree Herbert....

I only brought up the Cardinals because you asked the question could Tua beat the mighty great Eagles (COUGH COUGH) like Herbert did. And the Chargers team is winning those games not Herbert. If Herbert was our. The Dolphins he would not be on the same team as he is now. Not the same O-line, not the same play callers, not the same receivers (he would be playing with a bunch of backups here), not the same defense who gives up 30 points a game.

All of you Herbert lovers think if you put him on this team, we would have the same success that they are having right not without taking any of the TEAM factors into account.

Like I say before. How did the great Watson look last year with the Texans? He could not do it all by himself and neither could Herbert.
Herbert on this team would not have the same success as the chargers. That’s true. But I know this. He would look so much better than Tua. Heck, he would at the very least be healthier. We would be talking about other problems. Not the qb. We don’t even know if Tua can stay healthy for a season!!

I don't think people are saying we'd be a great team, we'd certainly be better. They are saying we would not have a QB issue. Kansas City will be just fine, as will Mahomes. He's still thrown 20 TD this year. I'd hardly say he's bad. Teams are adjusting to him and he will need to change his style. You forget he's been carrying that team for 3 years on his back. The problem is he put up video game numbers every year and people just expect that guys won't slump. When Tua throws for 5000 yards and 50 TD in a season, you can compare the two of them. Tua has barely been average to this point.
I am by no means comparing him to Mahomes. I believe that Mahomes is a great QB who has had the privilege to be on a good team.

I am not even a Tua lover. My argument is we don't know what we have in Tua. It's hard to get a true evaluation on him because everything around him is so bad. We have 3 offensive linemen thar are all 3 tied for giving up the most pressures in the NFL. How can we even know what we have in him if he snaps the ball then has to either get sacked, dump it off, or throw it out of bounds?

If Watson was drafted last year and his team was as bad as it was, we would not know how good he is. We only know because he showed us how good he was when he had a good team around him. I dont know if Tua could be great or if he will be average.

I only brought up the Cardinals because you asked the question could Tua beat the mighty great Eagles (COUGH COUGH) like Herbert did. And the Chargers team is winning those games not Herbert. If Herbert was our. The Dolphins he would not be on the same team as he is now. Not the same O-line, not the same play callers, not the same receivers (he would be playing with a bunch of backups here), not the same defense who gives up 30 points a game.

All of you Herbert lovers think if you put him on this team, we would have the same success that they are having right not without taking any of the TEAM factors into account.

Like I say before. How did the great Watson look last year with the Texans? He could not do it all by himself and neither could Herbert.
I did not bring up the Eagles game. You got the wrong guy. However, he has carried his team in several games. Yes, of course, there are team factors. His team is better than ours, no question. Last year, he had the WORST OL in football and broke every rookie record. That's a factor. I can tell you in watching that kid play, there is no way Tua would be doing the things he does. His ability to throw on the run, his arm strength, his ability to be accurate on deep balls, and his intangibles just make him a better player. Did you consider that the reason they are being successful is him?

I am by no means comparing him to Mahomes. I believe that Mahomes is a great QB who has had the privilege to be on a good team.

I am not even a Tua lover. My argument is we don't know what we have in Tua. It's hard to get a true evaluation on him because everything around him is so bad. We have 3 offensive linemen thar are all 3 tied for giving up the most pressures in the NFL. How can we even know what we have in him if he snaps the ball then has to either get sacked, dump it off, or throw it out of bounds?

If Watson was drafted last year and his team was as bad as it was, we would not know how good he is. We only know because he showed us how good he was when he had a good team around him. I dont know if Tua could be great or if he will be average.
I don't disagree with the team around him theory at all. There is nothing he's done that shows he's in the same league as the others in the conversation though. He does not have the same level of talent as those guys. I think he would be fine but not a difference maker, which is where he is now.

I think you can tell by whether Tua is making the most of what he has. At this point, he’s more game manager and oft injured than anything else. What we have is a younger drew brees that requires an elite oline to show off his gifts. Great qbs MAKE great plays, despite whatever system or deficiencies the rest of the team has. Are we gonna wait around for the elite o-line to be created?

I did not bring up the Eagles game. You got the wrong guy. However, he has carried his team in several games. Yes, of course, there are team factors. His team is better than ours, no question. Last year, he had the WORST OL in football and broke every rookie record. That's a factor. I can tell you in watching that kid play, there is no way Tua would be doing the things he does. His ability to throw on the run, his arm strength, his ability to be accurate on deep balls, and his intangibles just make him a better player. Did you consider that the reason they are being successful is him?
I get what you are saying. I know by me arguing with you it looks like I hate Herbert and I love Tua. That is not the case. I think that Herbert is a very good QB and will probably be great. He has had the opportunity to show us. I dont think Tua has had the opportunity yet with what we have as a team. I dont think that we have been able to get a fair evaluation on Tua and I think that if we dont fix O-line problem, it does not matter who we bring in.

I think if we would have drafted Herber, we could have seen the real Tua on the Chargers last year and could have said why didn't we draft him because he is doing better and on a better team.

I do agree that we need him on the field and not hurt. That is a big problem.

Last edited:
I get what you are saying. I know by me arguing with you it looks like I hate Herbert and I love Tua. That is not the case. I think that Herbert is a very good QB and will probably be great. He has had the opportunity to show us. I dont think that we have been able to get a fair evaluation on Tua and I think that if we dont fix O-line problem, it does not matter who we bring in.

I think if we would have drafted Herber, we could have seen the real Tua on the Chargers last year and could have said why didn't we draft him because he is doing better and on a better team.

I do agree that we need him on the field and not hurt. That is a big problem.
Well said and I agree with your view.

I'm sorry, but in what universe can Tua make a throw like this? Tua couldn't make this throw in his abusive father's dreams. Herbert's career so far is filled with these throws. The answer is no. Herbert is the better QB at the moment so he would be doing better here. Tua's main selling point heading into the draft was how pro-ready he was, even over Burrow. Herbert's main criticism was that he would take year's to develop. Turns out both opinions were wrong. Herbert stepped into the league and began lighting it up on raw talent and instincts alone. This year he has become more polished, but the scary thing is that he still has so much room to grow. I still think Tua can be a good QB eventually (top 15) maybe even a very good QB (top 10?) but he is not there right now. Herbert is a top 10 QB NOW and an argument could be made that he is knocking on the door for top 5. Thread's like this are defeatist in nature and only shrug off responsibility for missing on a franchise altering pick.

hate it to break it to you, herbert had the worst oline in football last year.

two things can both be mutually correct... our OL sucks, but tua kinda blows too. He's just a meh guy

Or….

You look at the numbers from last year a little closer

Running this years numbers into last years numbers doesn’t tell the story just how bad Miami has been

Forget about the Olines - SD vastly improved their line

SD boasts a RB and WR tandem that is the toast of the league

Last year Ekelor got hurt true that

Look at the separation that Herberts WRs got in 2020 now look at the YAC

Now compare the Jags that Tua had in 2020 and 2021

The only weapon that stands out between SD and Miami 2020-2021 is MG even the back ups in SD outmatch Miami’s starters save for Waddle who is this years Lynn Bowden Jr (2020)

Don’t lay it on the QBs feet - never mind you will anyways

Miami needs an overhaul of GM and Coaches

I'm sorry, but in what universe can Tua make a throw like this? Tua couldn't make this throw in his abusive father's dreams. Herbert's career so far is filled with these throws. The answer is no. Herbert is the better QB at the moment so he would be doing better here. Tua's main selling point heading into the draft was how pro-ready he was, even over Burrow. Herbert's main criticism was that he would take year's to develop. Turns out both opinions were wrong. Herbert stepped into the league and began lighting it up on raw talent and instincts alone. This year he has become more polished, but the scary thing is that he still has so much room to grow. I still think Tua can be a good QB eventually (top 15) maybe even a very good QB (top 10?) but he is not there right now. Herbert is a top 10 QB NOW and an argument could be made that he is knocking on the door for top 5. Thread's like this are defeatist in nature and only shrug off responsibility for missing on a franchise altering pick.

Herbert and Lynn Bowden JR in 2020?

Herbert and one legged Parker in 2021?

Tua is limits to one side of the field yay because we cannot find a healthy complement to the jag starting on the other side - this a defensive coordinators dream

Do a little research

Herbert and Lynn Bowden JR in 2020?

Herbert and one legged Parker in 2021?

Tua is limits to one side of the field yay because we cannot find a healthy complement to the jag starting on the other side - this a defensive coordinators dream

Do a little research
Herbert was throwing 45+ yard dimes like this to UDFA receivers like Tyron Johnson and Jaylen Guyton while Mike Williams and Keenan Allen missed time. I think you should follow your own advice and do a little research yourself.👍

Also, the point remains, this was a 49 yard throw from one side of the field to the opposite side. Throws like this require "F--- you" arm strength that Tua just doesn't have.

Last edited:

1:00

Last week at Buffalo. Look what happens when he gets time and has a pocket to step into. Makes it look easy.

8:25

1:00

Last week at Buffalo. Look what happens when he gets time and has a pocket to step into. Makes it look easy.

8:25

I don't want to poop on two nice throws from Tua, but those 28 and 35ish yard same-side loft balls aren't really in the same ballpark as a 49 yard rocket from the numbers on the right side of the field to the numbers on the left side of the field, right? That had to be at least 60ish yards in the air. I don't think anyone would deny that Herbert has a more talented arm at this point, right?

I don't want to poop on two nice throws from Tua, but those a 28 and a 35ish yard same-side loft balls aren't really in the same ballpark as a 49 yard rocket from the numbers on the right side of the field to the numbers on the left side of the field, right? That had to be at least 60ish yards in the air. I don't think anyone would deny that Herbert has a more talented arm at this point, right?
Talent and strength are completely different. I would agree Herbert has more arm "strength" and could probably throw the bar farther, I also say Tua has vastly better accuracy in his throws at slightly less distance. Its a good throw by Herbert, but I judge on totality and going over his All-22's his accuracy is hit and miss. There are multiple examples of Tua throwing 30-35 yard throws incredibly accurately. IMO, thats leaps and bounds better than just chucking the ball far down the field. I don't think Tua is limited by not being able to throw it 50 yards downfield. Hell it would be a luxury to even have that opportunity at this point.

Back
Top Bottom