Anyone else agree Herbert.... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else agree Herbert....

Tua is more accurate than both of them. With the lack of separation, our current receivers have Herbert and Burrow would have had multiple picks against the Bills' defense.
Tua had one pick today in garbage time on a 3 and 26. Tua's accuracy gives him an asset the other two do not have.

No he's not. Burrow completes 68% of his passes. Tua 66%. Herbert 64% while averaging a half yard more per attempt. Burrow a staggering 2.4 more ypa than Tua.

Only if he starts a boy band. He does not have the physical tools to be a star in the NFL. SLIGHTLY above average starter is Tua’s ceiling.

People were criticizing allen his first 2 years... and no ones talking about the Rookie struggles this year. Only Tua gets 2 years to be considered a bust lmfao

I liked this reply in that tweet.

The problem with this is it's cherry-picking data points and engaging in recency bias. You can isolate any particular stretch of any QBs career and rip it to pieces. Tua's entire opus of work save one game against the Cards has been average to awful.

And it's amusing to me that Darnold is mentioned in this tweet since he's the poster boy for the "give him better coaching and structure and he'll be a viable QB" crowd. He is what he is and he is a considerably more gifted arm and athlete than Tua.

There aren't many examples in the last 25 years of a guy struggling with one regime then becoming a star with another. I see some Giants' fans engaging in this delusion with Daniel Jones too.

and Burrow would be struggling just as much if not more behind this oline and with this coaching staff?? I mean the line isn't even college level. Every play someone gets beat right off the snap, usually Jackson or Davis, and the rest of the line just gets pushed back into the QB. So sick of watching other guys like Allen, Herbert and Burrow get clean pockets with time to go through reads and find open receivers. :(
I do agree. If Tua was a Charger. We be blasting Grier why didn't we take Tua. No young QB has a chance with this Micky Mouse offense ran by 10 coordinators. Can you imagine coaching a NFL 2 year player and making him only throw 5 to 8 yard passes. Welcome to Miami. I was huge on Flores but I see clear he ain't the guy. He lost this team. The way he blaming Tua is basically the ticket to save his job. It ain't Tua. It's the bad coaching and all the coordinators why Tua is behind. Ok O line ain't the greatest but I see Brissett throwing down field. Flores will get what he wants. Ruining Tua to save his job.

No he's not. Burrow completes 68% of his passes. Tua 66%. Herbert 64% while averaging a half yard more per attempt. Burrow a staggering 2.4 more ypa than Tua.
Have you guys took into account the horrible OCs? the horrible OLINE? the fact that a combination of those 2 results in quick slants all day long? common sense 101

no.

because they have ability Tua doesnt.

Tua might be in a worse situation but he’s never going to will or play his way out of it.

every single guy you named routinely is the reason their teams win. Tua is not.
Either the Chiefs are a worse team as a whole or Patrick Mahomes is now a bad QB. Which is it? As good as he is, he can not make up for the rest of the team. Even though they are not horrible like we are, they are not good either.

What are your thoughts on why the Chiefs are not dominating with Patrick Mahomes?

Last edited:
Have you guys took into account the horrible OCs? the horrible OLINE? the fact that a combination of those 2 results in quick slants all day long? common sense 101
No they have not. They don't look past that we lost and its the QBs fault because he did not put up more points. And they look at another QB from another team doing good so he must be great even though the situation is completely different.

No they have not. They don't look past that we lost and its the QBs fault because he did not put up more points. And they look at another QB from another team doing good so he must be great even though the situation is completely different.
Sadly, our coaches do the same thing.

Some may have already forgotten that Fitzpatrick looked like a rockstar with this same group compared to Tua. So the answer is no, they would absolutely look better than Tua.
Who had the better record ?? i know i know Tua benefited from the defense allot but so did Fitzpatrick . Ones played 16 seasons in the nfl also you don`t think that had anything to do with him maybe look a little better

Back
Top Bottom