Anyone else feel this way? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel this way?

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Man I just get the feeling after the draft we are going to be sitting here with a bunch of picks that are "good character" project guys and a coupe of those "who???" picks that make us look back on this entire off season and scratch our heads and go "what did we do to get better?" and just feel frustrated and let down. I hope i am wrong, but this ongoing smug nature of this owner and GM of "We want to stick to our plan" etc. etc. is just getting old.

Damn it...I hope I am wrong and we FINALLY pull off a few good moves and have the first really Grade A draft we have had in a long time.

Really dude what do u want him to say? Do you think he's gonna say he's blown picks? He has to play the game and he can't say anything negative about any of his picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's about the only thing that Ireland has been pretty decent at in his time here. Drafting.

I really only worry about the free agent acquisitions.

I would say his drafts are decent FA hasn't been great we'll see what we can add with this draft but f it's a overhyped QB at 8 then yeah I'll be on suicide watch but I doubt Jeff takes that risk and sees through this retarded hype that happens every year.

AJ Smith who is really on the hot seat here in San Diego said in the papers today is that he isn't afraid to make some calls and trade up as high as he needs to. They are 18 for next weeks draft, so keep an eye on them if some players happen to fall. Jeff is on the hot seat as well, but I don't think he has the balls to do that. I am very leery of Jeff and Mr. Ross.

LOL ... not to worry ... it will take a good 6+ months to "get a first sniff" if we Bust-a-rooed or struck gold!! ... and a couple years to know for sure!!

Even though Pat White & Teddy "smelled bad" ... took us a while to find out they were stink-o!! :hump:

Some of his good character players like MISI have some issues on and of the field. Maybe the dog eat that character report a couple of years ago.

Man I just get the feeling after the draft we are going to be sitting here with a bunch of picks that are "good character" project guys and a coupe of those "who???" picks that make us look back on this entire off season and scratch our heads and go "what did we do to get better?" and just feel frustrated and let down. I hope i am wrong, but this ongoing smug nature of this owner and GM of "We want to stick to our plan" etc. etc. is just getting old.

Damn it...I hope I am wrong and we FINALLY pull off a few good moves and have the first really Grade A draft we have had in a long time.
Your lack of faith in the "plan" is understandable when you consider the misery us fans have had to endure this past decade or so. But hope is right around the corner my friend. Just believe in the new head coach and try to understand his vision. The NFL is a thinking man's game, and unforunately up until this point in time, we have lacked in that department 10FOLD! We finally have the man at the helm now that knows 21st century football 101.

I guarantee you'll see an improved Miami Dolphins team in 2012. Purely based off coaching personel. Joe Philbin is a professional and is very calculated about his approach. This is his draft. And I have confidence in the direction of the franchise and will not judge or grade the draft until I see the final product on the field in training camp. That's where your rookie starters will emerge and your mid-rounders would hopefully provide depth. Can't go in expecting every pick to be a superstar. Not realistic. So just sit back and relax while knowing we're already sitting pretty, and don't jump off a bridge if you see us trade back either. Not a bad idea to pick up more picks because I believe Tannehill is going to fall to the late 1st round. If that's our guy let's be patient with the strategy, and let the chips fall to us. Sounds like a plan to me if you can pick up another 2nd rounder and capitalizing on another team trying to get their guy.

Regardless, keep ya head up!

The draft could go great and the possibility unless 5 of the picks preform at probowl level, means we are are 7-9. Don't diss me for being a hater, just saying ive been optimisic all the time. Hopefully we get some skill positions and can upgrade on other spots in the next offseason

I'd be shocked if it doesn't go that way. A bunch of high character, mediocre players with the safest pick possible in the first round.

Your lack of faith in the "plan" is understandable when you consider the misery us fans have had to endure this past decade or so. But hope is right around the corner my friend. Just believe in the new head coach and try to understand his vision. The NFL is a thinking man's game, and unforunately up until this point in time, we have lacked in that department 10FOLD! We finally have the man at the helm now that knows 21st century football 101.

I guarantee you'll see an improved Miami Dolphins team in 2012. Purely based off coaching personel. Joe Philbin is a professional and is very calculated about his approach. This is his draft. And I have confidence in the direction of the franchise and will not judge or grade the draft until I see the final product on the field in training camp. That's where your rookie starters will emerge and your mid-rounders would hopefully provide depth. Can't go in expecting every pick to be a superstar. Not realistic. So just sit back and relax while knowing we're already sitting pretty, and don't jump off a bridge if you see us trade back either. Not a bad idea to pick up more picks because I believe Tannehill is going to fall to the late 1st round. If that's our guy let's be patient with the strategy, and let the chips fall to us. Sounds like a plan to me if you can pick up another 2nd rounder and capitalizing on another team trying to get their guy.

Regardless, keep ya head up!

Tempered, common sense approach...:up:

lets keep our fingers crossed and we come away with even a B grade in the draft .next year we have some cap space and can go all in on a FA player or two.perhaps this is when we get our franchise

We are light years ahead of 1-15 The players comming in overweight and out of shape,and starting hene doomed last year.I am very impressed with Philbin. I think all the negative media pilling on is just backlash of the Heat, they cannot say bad things about them.

Back
Top Bottom