Anyone else feel this way? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel this way?

At the end of the draft and the end of every day im still a Dolphins fan through and through so why not just hope for the best and worry about that come September

Man I just get the feeling after the draft we are going to be sitting here with a bunch of picks that are "good character" project guys and a coupe of those "who???" picks that make us look back on this entire off season and scratch our heads and go "what did we do to get better?" and just feel frustrated and let down. I hope i am wrong, but this ongoing smug nature of this owner and GM of "We want to stick to our plan" etc. etc. is just getting old.

Damn it...I hope I am wrong and we FINALLY pull off a few good moves and have the first really Grade A draft we have had in a long time.

Yeah Matt I have blasted Ireland this off-season. I am not his biggest fan right now but I was called irrational and short tempered by some. Told I needed to step back and think before I write, well I have laid off the last few weeks and by this time next week we shall see if my worries carry over to the roster, I am 75% certain they will.

Dolphin fan to the day I die. I do feel there is reason for some optimism this year.

Right!? We get what we get... they obviously hold their positions because they earned them. This isn't madden football and we can't afford to have the entire lineup of the probowl on our team

Being concerned about the judgement of this team doesn't makes me or anyone less of a fan. I love my Fins which is why I own this site. But the numbers don't lie and they have not come remotely close to getting this team to turn the corner. Yeah they are experts and know a lot more than we do... But doesn't mean they are good at it. Wins are wins. That's their report card and frankly their grade is not very good. I think many of us long time fans are a little protective and concerned about the legacy of this franchise. We were among the top in ALL of sports not just the NFL. We have fallen so far and it has been a long time since we were a consistent quality contender.
At SOME point you have to stop drinking the kool aid and say the emperor has no clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be shocked if it doesn't go that way. A bunch of high character, mediocre players with the safest pick possible in the first round.

theres always 2 sides to this argument,

last years draft, Pouncey was the "safe" pick at #15, there were no immediate players that were there at #15 that people were begging Miami to draft (except Mallett, guess its a good thing Ireland didnt listen to the fans) yes Pouncey is a center, but he in his rookie season with no OTAs or regular offseason stepped right in and played at a pro-bowl level and was named a pro-bowl alternate, isnt that what your supposed to get out of a 1st round pick? instant plug, play, and play at a relatively high level, pouncey did that and more

I would not call Gates a "safe" pick, everyone wanted a speed demon type WR, a mike wallace type, Ireland got Gates at good value but like i said he not "safe" he is a raw project who hopefully with a real offseason can make some strides

the "Wtf" pick i think most people saw was Charles Clay, who ironically has turned into a fan favorite who exceeded expectations and is a real wild card all purpose offensive mismatch weapon also who Ireland got at good value

Daniel Thomas i know everyone is not a fan of but he was hindered by injuries and no offseason proper training, remember he only played RB for 2 seasons, and yet was 2nd in yards for rookie running backs, i also think he will have a lot more success in the new zone blocking scheme where he can thrive being a 1 cut runner

and Jimmy Wilson most viewed as another Ireland "acorn" "camp fodder" guy who now is another fan favorite with tons of potential and showed some flashes and is talked about possibly being tried out at safety, oh yea he was a 7th round steal

so i know no matter who the Dolphins pick most will be doom and gloom and wtf is this guy and Ireland is an idiot and its a safe pick, but wait until they actually step on the field and get a few games in until you label them an automatic bust

At some point it is going to turn around and we will have a great QB... we have a decent foundation for the rest of the team. You know I remember for years and years the patriots were a bottom barrel team and as much as I can't stand them, look what it took them to.

I only care about the 4 picks we have in the first 3 rounds. Every pick after that is a roll of the dice and a shot in the dark. As it is for every team.

In the first 3 rounds though you need starters and guys who actually see playing time in games. We can't F' up those picks!

Philbin is going to have a big say in this draft since he wants the players who he thinks best fit his system offensively and defensively. Not only that but Ireland has to know he's on very thin ice this season and knows he MUST take some chances to get this team out of the doldrums. All that being said, I'm not so sure they are all going to be the safe, boring picks we all think they are ESPECIALLY at 8.

From the words of Bill Parcells - 6-10, 7-9, 7-9. Thats where we are as a team coming into this year. Why is that and who in the draft can help phins turn the corner. Everybody has their ideas.

My idea is that the GM has yet to draft any starting offensive playmakers that score enough touchdowns to be a winning team. I think our previous records show my idea is more truth then not.

For us old farts we have been hearing stay the course for a long time. Sometimes you have to question the direction the Skipper and Gilligan are going.

Man I just get the feeling after the draft we are going to be sitting here with a bunch of picks that are "good character" project guys and a coupe of those "who???" picks that make us look back on this entire off season and scratch our heads and go "what did we do to get better?" and just feel frustrated and let down. I hope i am wrong, but this ongoing smug nature of this owner and GM of "We want to stick to our plan" etc. etc. is just getting old.

Damn it...I hope I am wrong and we FINALLY pull off a few good moves and have the first really Grade A draft we have had in a long time.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what is going to happen, more of the same. Hopefully something clicks this year and we get a bonafide playmaker or two, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

How about a team full of team captains??Like a couple years ago.

Back
Top Bottom