Anyone else feel this way? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel this way?

Man I just get the feeling after the draft we are going to be sitting here with a bunch of picks that are "good character" project guys and a coupe of those "who???" picks that make us look back on this entire off season and scratch our heads and go "what did we do to get better?" and just feel frustrated and let down. I hope i am wrong, but this ongoing smug nature of this owner and GM of "We want to stick to our plan" etc. etc. is just getting old.

Damn it...I hope I am wrong and we FINALLY pull off a few good moves and have the first really Grade A draft we have had in a long time.

You mean guys like Charles Clay? lol

I only care about the 4 picks we have in the first 3 rounds. Every pick after that is a roll of the dice and a shot in the dark. As it is for every team.

In the first 3 rounds though you need starters and guys who actually see playing time in games. We can't F' up those picks!

I couldnt disagree more...unless your a team that does not put in all the time and go deep. I got news for ya Mike. We are looking at guys right now who could end up being steal who are ranked 300+

You mean guys like jimmy wilson? lol

you mean guys like davone bess?

you mean guys like Brian Hartline?

how bout that reggie bush who cant run between the tackles? lol
They are right there with the Marc Columbo and others that Jeff wiffed at. Hartline the jury is still out on. Jimmy Wilson we will see how he does this year. Davone Bess is a very good player.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are right there with the Marc Columbo and others that Jeff wiffed at. Hartline the jury is still out on. Jimmy Wilson we will see how he does this year. Davone Bess is a very good player.

once again, sparano pounded the table for columbo and jerry. Philbin will give Ireland more direction but I think they already agree on the types of players they will get.

once again, sparano pounded the table for columbo and jerry. Philbin will give Ireland more direction but I think they already agree on the types of players they will get.
If Philbin has say. He is a first year coach. Tony had to ask for personnel say. Jeff's hands are plenty dirty for the bad selections on this team. He is not that clean.

That's your list of great players Ireland has gotten? Seriously, not a single stud in the group. Nothing but mediocre players in that list pal. Bess is the best of that list and he would be #2 WR on any NFL team. Sorry our drafts have not been good. We have landed no real playmakers in the draft, and Bush has had one good year with us but we didn't draft him.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's your list of great players Ireland has gotten? Seriously, not a single stud in the group. Nothing but mediocre players in that list pal. Bess is the best of that list and he would be #2 WR on any NFL team. Sorry our drafts have not been good. We have landed no real playmakers in the draft, and Bush has had one good year with us but we didn't draft him.
Not one game breaker Matt.

All Role Players. Nobody is a guy that keeps opponents up at night worrying

I don't know that this team has had many grade A drafts... ever.., you could probably count them on one hand. We have gotten lucky and hit on some players here and there that turned out to be great I.e. zach thomas, but even shula was no great draft guru! He couldn't draft a running back worth anything to save his life(KAJ included) or much of an offensive line for that matter. But he knew how to win! The draft is a gamble no matter how much work you put into studying. Just ask all the people that thought ryan leaf and jamarcus russell were destined for stardom... character issues happen. Injuries happen. There is a ton of factors that never arise until they are put to the test. We always hope for an A+ draft, but from whose opinion is the grade coming from nonetheless!

Honestly, it just gets a little old with all the negativity even coming from you "long time fans". Which I also think is funny because just because I have a whopping 7 posts doesn't mean anything. I have faithfully viewed finheaven since 2003 on a daily basis. I have been a dolphins fan all my life which is 31 years. But I love this place for the news mostly, because the opinions alot of times are way too negative. It gets discouraging. I agree that losing sucks and I want to see this team be back on top. But the sweet just isn't as sweet without the sour! There is no team I am aware of that has consistently been a playoff contender since the beginning, we were accustomed to winning, yes.

I don't know that this team has had many grade A drafts... ever.., you could probably count them on one hand. We have gotten lucky and hit on some players here and there that turned out to be great I.e. zach thomas, but even shula was no great draft guru! He couldn't draft a running back worth anything to save his life(KAJ included) or much of an offensive line for that matter. But he knew how to win! The draft is a gamble no matter how much work you put into studying. Just ask all the people that thought ryan leaf and jamarcus russell were destined for stardom... character issues happen. Injuries happen. There is a ton of factors that never arise until they are put to the test. We always hope for an A+ draft, but from whose opinion is the grade coming from nonetheless!

Honestly, it just gets a little old with all the negativity even coming from you "long time fans". Which I also think is funny because just because I have a whopping 7 posts doesn't mean anything. I have faithfully viewed finheaven since 2003 on a daily basis. I have been a dolphins fan all my life which is 31 years. But I love this place for the news mostly, because the opinions alot of times are way too negative. It gets discouraging. I agree that losing sucks and I want to see this team be back on top. But the sweet just isn't as sweet without the sour! There is no team I am aware of that has consistently been a playoff contender since the beginning, we were accustomed to winning, yes.
Yes what also gets old is the lack of winning here. Last Super Bowl win 1972, and the last appearance was 1984. Us long time fans a reason to leery and pissed off. We keep hearing the same thing, year in and year out. Well there is always next year. Sorry if I don't have bright rainbows of happiness shooting out of my butt.

Back
Top Bottom