Anyone else feel this way? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel this way?

Yes what also gets old is the lack of winning here. Last Super Bowl win 1972, and the last appearance was 1984. Us long time fans a reason to leery and pissed off. We keep hearing the same thing, year in and year out. Well there is always next year. Sorry if I don't have bright rainbows of happiness shooting out of my butt.

Hey I agree the losing is old but we have a new coach, which is a clean slate. The last one was lynched right...? Let's give the guy a chance to do his job before we fold this season in too! The man has to have some say in this draft otherwise why the hell would he take the job!?

Your lack of faith in the "plan" is understandable when you consider the misery us fans have had to endure this past decade or so. But hope is right around the corner my friend. Just believe in the new head coach and try to understand his vision. The NFL is a thinking man's game, and unforunately up until this point in time, we have lacked in that department 10FOLD! We finally have the man at the helm now that knows 21st century football 101.

I guarantee you'll see an improved Miami Dolphins team in 2012. Purely based off coaching personel. Joe Philbin is a professional and is very calculated about his approach. This is his draft. And I have confidence in the direction of the franchise and will not judge or grade the draft until I see the final product on the field in training camp. That's where your rookie starters will emerge and your mid-rounders would hopefully provide depth. Can't go in expecting every pick to be a superstar. Not realistic. So just sit back and relax while knowing we're already sitting pretty, and don't jump off a bridge if you see us trade back either. Not a bad idea to pick up more picks because I believe Tannehill is going to fall to the late 1st round. If that's our guy let's be patient with the strategy, and let the chips fall to us. Sounds like a plan to me if you can pick up another 2nd rounder and capitalizing on another team trying to get their guy.

Regardless, keep ya head up!

What he said^^^^^^^^

I have been a phins fan since 1970. I saw the greatness, I saw the almost greatness, and Now I see the bottom. first time we had 3 losing seasons in a row since the 1970s. I think we have the coach and staff to urn it around. Do we have the GM to turn it around is the question?

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Sorry since the 1960s. 1970s were the greatness.

HE SAID HE WANTS TO STICK TO OUR PLAN,IS IT A NEW PLAN OR THE SAME OLD CRAP HE HAS BEEN PUSHING DOWN OUR THROATS all of this time?

AJ Smith who is really on the hot seat here in San Diego said in the papers today is that he isn't afraid to make some calls and trade up as high as he needs to. They are 18 for next weeks draft, so keep an eye on them if some players happen to fall. Jeff is on the hot seat as well, but I don't think he has the balls to do that. I am very leery of Jeff and Mr. Ross.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/23/chargers-have-discussed-trading-up-for-mark-barron/

Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego reports that the Chargers love Barron enough that they have discussed engineering a trade to acquire him.
With the 18th pick in the first round, the Chargers will almost certainly not be able to take Barron without a trade. Many mock drafts, from Evan Silva’s to Greg Cosell’s to Peter King’s, have the Cowboys taking Barron at No. 14. So if the Chargers want to move up and take Barron, they’ll at the very least need to move up to No. 13.

This is what I was talking about.

Hey I agree the losing is old but we have a new coach, which is a clean slate. The last one was lynched right...? Let's give the guy a chance to do his job before we fold this season in too! The man has to have some say in this draft otherwise why the hell would he take the job!?

Jettisoning Sparano AND Ireland would have been a "clean slate", then I would have some optimism, this is half way cleaning house, still with the same man picking the players.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/23/chargers-have-discussed-trading-up-for-mark-barron/

Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego reports that the Chargers love Barron enough that they have discussed engineering a trade to acquire him.
With the 18th pick in the first round, the Chargers will almost certainly not be able to take Barron without a trade. Many mock drafts, from Evan Silva’s to Greg Cosell’s to Peter King’s, have the Cowboys taking Barron at No. 14. So if the Chargers want to move up and take Barron, they’ll at the very least need to move up to No. 13.

This is what I was talking about.

If we traded out of 8 with the Chargers what would we get back according to the formula they use?

I think we can all agree on that. My only reservation is whether a starter on our team will necessarily be considered a successful pick. Lately when evaluating a player on our team I try to determine his value based on whether he would start on successful teams, i.e. teams with better than .500 records. I just made myself a little sad there - need to stopt doing that.

Ireland is just an office guy... if this team is going to improve its going to need the proper coaching and hopefully Philbin can do that. Like I said before Philbin is running his offense and defense so he knows what he wants in players and ireland has to stick to that blueprint.

Back
Top Bottom