Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

So if next year we play 2 playoff teams and drop 38, 41and win it will just be chalked up to luck?

Depending on the situation, sure, luck helps a lot. Hopefully we too get to play a team who's best corner gets injured (Rhodes) and is on an emotional hi, as well as get to play a team who decides to bench one of their best corners moments before the game. I never said Foles doesn't deserve credit because he was great, but the Vikings and Pats defenses played particularly awful as well, partly due to missing some key players. An easy pick that bounces off a defenders knee into one of our players hands might help as well. Check out the 8:05 mark, no luck there at all :rolleyes:. Yep, all skill there, talk about a huge FG to end the half for Philly when it should have been the exact opposite. But who cares about the truth right? Philly won and that is all. Foles > Tannehill obviously lol.

Last edited:
I don't know whether I should bother defining this as it's not going to be 'so many wins, playoff appearances, etc etc'.
Back out now before somebody mistakes you for the idiot.

Nick Foles was great and deserves all the accolades. But he is a system QB, otherwise he would shine with the Rams, his previous last year in Philly and even in KC. I know Alex Smith was the starter in KC but he was not that great back then, at least not the level of Foles in Sunday's Super bowl. In today's NFL, you have to be smart first and an average athlete will do because there is just a lot of scheming and game planning unlike before in my opinion. It is more like who can outsmart the other. We saw that in the Superbowl on Sunday. To compare one QB to another is difficult because of the systems they play in, not to mention the talent around them. Personally, I don't think Foles is better than Tannehill in Miami's system and vice versa.

How would Miami look with Drew Brees. Same ****ty cast. You tell me.

The great ones demand those around them be great. They bring the entire team upward.

I see you abandoned the Nick Foles argument and went with a draft pick argument, which I can get behind. I'd rather spend the draft resources elsewhere, but I'd be much happier with a young rookie QB than Foles.

However, to your above post, I had an argument earlier in this thread that noted the fact that Brees had 3 straight 7-9 seasons before their playoff run this year when they assembled a better Defense and got a rising star in Kamara in the 3rd round.

So how did you feel about Brees those 3 years?

What is definition of good qb

I would say Tannehill. Sadly, some don't know the difference between good and great.

Teams can absolutely win with good QBs, just need to have pieces in place.

Foles is good, Tannehill is good, Alex Smith is good, Case Keenum is good.

However if we're talking an ELITE QB, then it's a different story.

I would say Tannehill. Sadly, some don't know the difference between good and great.

Teams can absolutely win with good QBs, just need to have pieces in place.

Foles is good, Tannehill is good, Alex Smith is good, Case Keenum is good.

However if we're talking an ELITE QB, then it's a different story.

alex smith is good.... he does it every yr.
Keenum had a good one yr.2017 team made playoff
Foles had one special 2017-18 yr. Mvp superbowl champ

Tannehill's injury destroyed the season before it even began, and he would have delivered last year like he was up until the moment a 300 pound elite athlete decided to dive into his knee.

While Tannehill definitely made strides in 2016 I don't know if its a forgone conclusion that 2017 would have been a playoff season. In 2016 we went 2-4 on the road and 1-3 against teams with a winning record with Tanny as the QB. We played 5 games where the opponent had a winning record last year, this year we played 11. It was going to be tough with or without Tanny but especially tough with Cutler **** that guy.

alex smith is good.... he does it every yr.
Keenum had a good one yr.2017 team made playoff
Foles had one special 2017-18 yr. Mvp superbowl champ

Foles didn't have one good year. Foles also had one of the best years ever in terms of TD/INT ratio, with 27/2 in 2013.

So yes, Foles is a good QB. Keenum is also a good QB. Both belong as starters, IMO.

While Tannehill definitely made strides in 2016 I don't know if its a forgone conclusion that 2017 would have been a playoff season. In 2016 we went 2-4 on the road and 1-3 against teams with a winning record with Tanny as the QB. We played 5 games where the opponent had a winning record last year, this year we played 11. It was going to be tough with or without Tanny but especially tough with Cutler **** that guy.

Miami's defense wasn't horrible this past year. And Tannehill would have absolutely improved the offense.

I don't know if you can concretely say that Miami would have gone 10-6 with Tannehill, but we would have been on the verge of another playoff season.

I've never felt nervous when Tannehill was throwing from a clean pocket, he basically never makes dumb mistakes when there's no pressure around. I understand that could be said of a lot of the starters in this league, but after watching the kind of protection Foles enjoyed in the playoffs, there's no doubt in my mind Tannehill would at least do as good in that setting. I mean seriously, before calling me a homer, go back and watch the passing plays, I havent seen this type of pass blocking in Miami for 5+ years, Foles consistently had 4-5 seconds to throw the ball.

And it's not like Foles took the Eagles on his back and dragged them to the playoffs either... he had a whopping 79.5 rating in the regular season with a 5.3 Y/A...

I've never felt nervous when Tannehill was throwing from a clean pocket, he basically never makes dumb mistakes when there's no pressure around. I understand that could be said of a lot of the starters in this league, but after watching the kind of protection Foles enjoyed in the playoffs, there's no doubt in my mind Tannehill would at least do as good in that setting. I mean seriously, before calling me a homer, go back and watch the passing plays, I havent seen this type of pass blocking in Miami for 5+ years, Foles consistently had 4-5 seconds to throw the ball.

And it's not like Foles took the Eagles on his back and dragged them to the playoffs either... he had a whopping 79.5 rating in the regular season with a 5.3 Y/A...

I'll give you the first one... How is the one VS. the Rams a dumb mistake? He's got Parker one on one on the outside... You think it's a bad decision to go there? I think it was the right play and Parker completely misplayed the ball but that's debateable I guess.... I dont even think it's a bad throw considering the pouring rain and all...

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl as well, doesn’t mean he was anything special. The Eagles are solid on both sides of the ball and the coaching staff had a nice game plan, and made some gutsy calls which they executed. Conversely we had arguably the most talented QB of all-time in Dan Marino who never won a SB ring. It’s still a team game, so don’t get too caught up in Foles, or faulty comparisons.

I'll give you the first one... How is the one VS. the Rams a dumb mistake? He's got Parker one on one on the outside... You think it's a bad decision to go there? I think it was the right play and Parker completely misplayed the ball but that's debateable I guess.... I dont even think it's a bad throw considering the pouring rain and all...

I don't think its a dumb mistake, like you said don't know if he over threw parker or Parker under ran the route. I also didn't mean to post that one...i was trying to get the Bengals game.

And hell look at Brady's throws when he's pressured within 1 or 2 seconds. They're not pretty either.

Back
Top Bottom