Apologies to "Press Coverage" thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Apologies to "Press Coverage" thread

Muck said:
You called him a troll in the original thread.

Took about an hour for him to be proven right. Yet he doesn't deserve acknowledgment?? How about a little maturity.

All I want is for people to stop being asses to each other here and rushing to judgment on everything.

I'm sure I'll get the obligatory "whatever Muck, you're a suckup" posts now. :rolleyes:

I appreciate people backing up their claims. I personally didn't call him a troll, but those who did weren't totally off. Seeing posts like that on a constant basis with absolutely no merit to them becomes frustrating.

Phinz4Life said:
You shouldn't, you acted totally right. Never just accept something without a source. News and reports are NOTHING without sources.

Just like bashing and critiscizing someone IS NOTHING, without your proof or reasons.

People not agreeing with him shouldn't apologize. But those that critiscized and bashed with comments like " STFU TROLL" Or automatically saying he is going to get banned.

Are you someone who doesn't like to be proven wrong? Can you not admit to it. I think it's sad that someone gets bashed all night for something then when he proves to be right all you can do is sit here and say he deserved the bashing and you did nothing wrong.

Atleast there are some classy posters like Nublar, and a few others.

Ok ....I'm sorry........what did I do anyways?:confused:

GRYPHONK said:
Just like bashing and critiscizing someone IS NOTHING, without your proof or reasons.

People not agreeing with him shouldn't apologize. But those that critiscized and bashed with comments like " STFU TROLL" Or automatically saying he is going to get banned.

Are you someone who doesn't like to be proven wrong? Can you not admit to it. I think it's sad that someone gets bashed all night for something then when he proves to be right all you can do is sit here and say he deserved the bashing and you did nothing wrong.

Atleast there are some classy posters like Nublar, and a few others.

I'm one of the few here who believes most people weren't far off in their skepticism. Troll, as being used here, is in the right context for someone who signs up and immediatly posts "Breaking News" without a source to back it up.

If they said something of a derogatory nature to him (troll isn't, it's popular forum term that did fit), then sure, apologize. Throwing out insults is never a way to go for anything.

And now you're questioning my class? I consider myself to have a lot of class, but I'm going to stand up for my own opinion.

I admit I was wrong. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but hopefully no one went further then calling him a troll.

I'm not defending anyone who went over the edge in their comments to Press Coverage. I am, however, defending those who were skeptical and wanted a source.

Phinz4Life said:
You shouldn't, you acted totally right. Never just accept something without a source. News and reports are NOTHING without sources.

sometimes people have information before its released to the public. This was one of those cases. I think you weren't wrong for calling him a troll. After all 4 posts, just registered today claiming a major player was injuried for the season. that happens often, and with no reliable link its usually a fraud. Although, it wasn't a fraud, and he deserves an apology. He was just releasing information before the press got it. I would like other FH members to do that, thats partly why i visit FH. I can find out dolphin news that isnt on espn yet. this was that case.

pwn3dyo said:
sometimes people have information before its released to the public. This was one of those cases. I think you weren't wrong for calling him a troll. After all 4 posts, just registered today claiming a major player was injuried for the season. that happens often, and with no reliable link its usually a fraud. Although, it wasn't a fraud, and he deserves an apology. He was just releasing information before the press got it. I would like other FH members to do that, thats partly why i visit FH. I can find out dolphin news that isnt on espn yet. this was that case.

But we weren't wrong in being skeptic without a source. He doesn't need an apology, just a "So, you ARENT a troll! Welcome aboard."

Phinz4Life said:
But we weren't wrong in being skeptic without a source. He doesn't need an apology, just a "So, you ARENT a troll! Welcome aboard."

Don't see what's a big deal about an apology. Calling him a troll, thats not really an Insult. But, For the people who cussed him out, and personally attacked him, and asking the mods to ban him. They owe him an apology.

pwn3dyo said:
Don't see what's a big deal about an apology. Calling him a troll, thats not really an Insult. But, For the people who cussed him out, and personally attacked him, and asking the mods to ban him. They owe him an apology.

Thats fine, but when people are calling out others to apologize when they were just being skeptic, then thats when you have to draw the line. Don't start scapegoating people.

ether79 said:

That was some funny as$ $hit, you guys got fried!! :roflmao:

But I will say this in your defense, alot of new posters have been flooding the board lately with bullcrap stories. And this guy wasn't exactly forth coming with details. None the less I was rolling on the floor reading that thread.
Then I realized Poole is out. :mad:

Phinz4Life said:
I'm one of the few here who believes most people weren't far off in their skepticism. Troll, as being used here, is in the right context for someone who signs up and immediatly posts "Breaking News" without a source to back it up.

If they said something of a derogatory nature to him (troll isn't, it's popular forum term that did fit), then sure, apologize. Throwing out insults is never a way to go for anything.

And now you're questioning my class? I consider myself to have a lot of class, but I'm going to stand up for my own opinion.

Well, I understand what you are saying. Now, I don't wanna disrespect you or anything. You know what you said as did many others. I am not saying you are one of the classless posters. I specified Nublar simply because he was big on calling him a liar and a troll, but yet immediately apoplogized when he was wrong.

What I was in referrence to is exactly what you just wrote. I will requote you.

That is exactly what I was in referrence too. If it wasn't you, then you are absolutely right! You don't owe an apology for skepticism. It's the ones that ridiculed him that do. I bet, however that those classless ones I am referrence too will see nothing wrong in their actions and keep saying it was his fault or he deserved it.

However, you personally, I wasn't attacking you and I am sorry if you took it that way phins4life. I hope you now understand what I was trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom