Apologies to "Press Coverage" thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Apologies to "Press Coverage" thread

GRYPHONK said:
Well, I understand what you are saying. Now, I don't wanna disrespect you or anything. You know what you said as did many others. I am not saying you are one of the classless posters. I specified Nublar simply because he was big on calling him a liar and a troll, but yet immediately apoplogized when he was wrong.

What I was in referrence to is exactly what you just wrote. I will requote you.

If they said something of a derogatory nature to him (troll isn't, it's popular forum term that did fit), then sure, apologize. Throwing out insults is never a way to go for anything.

That is exactly what I was in referrence too. If it wasn't you, then you are absolutely right! You don't owe an apology for skepticism. It's the ones that ridiculed him that do. I bet, however that those classless ones I am referrence too will see nothing wrong in their actions and keep saying it was his fault or he deserved it.

However, you personally, I wasn't attacking you and I am sorry if you took it that way phins4life. I hope you now understand what I was trying to say.

Alright, we coo'. :cooldude:

Phinz4Life said:
Alright, we coo'. :cooldude:

YAY!!!!

LOL!!

We coo':cooldude:

You see I think we saw eye to eye all along. I just always have a wierd way of explaining my point, sometimes it doesn't come out right till the 3rd or 4th time:roflmao:

I have no idea who PressCoverage is but nevertheless, welcome!! Hope you enjoy the site, the people -- I'm getting the feel you made some people look pretty stupid haha

Muck said:
How about Alex Marvez then?? His source has the same name as PFT's sources: "Unnamed".

Wouldn't it be weird if Press really did make it up and then Alex read it, freaked out because the "other" newspapers" were reporting it and he wasn't so he used his unnamed source ( Press Coverage ) and wrote up a quick thing on Poole only to be the only one reporting it all based off of some internet rumor? :lol: That would be great. Although then everyone who apologized would be embarassed again and I would be for defending the guy... :yell:

While it's ok to be skeptical because there are a lot of trolls out there, there is no reason to jump on somebody they way people jumped on Press just because you don't have proof, the way it should be handled is to take it with a grain of salt and wait for a news source to back up the report, then if the report is false go ahead and bash the poster.

It really sucks that because of some idiot trolls that we have to be skeptical of everybody, even the legit posters.

If you want to call that sucking up then more power to you.

Samphin said:
Wouldn't it be weird if Press really did make it up and then Alex read it, freaked out because the "other" newspapers" were reporting it and he wasn't so he used his unnamed source ( Press Coverage ) and wrote up a quick thing on Poole only to be the only one reporting it all based off of some internet rumor? :lol: That would be great. Although then everyone who apologized would be embarassed again and I would be for defending the guy... :yell:

now that would be wild.....Marvez has written articles before and not given credit where it was due. I wouldn't put it past him. Of course, then the Post writes the article as well. Wouldn't that be something if Saban came out tomorrow and said, "I don't know where this rumor started but Will Poole is just fine"......man, I'd be happy.....and laughing all at the same time. The board basically now has like 4 threads with posts apologizing and/or rationalizing the whole situation.

Either way, this whole thing has been very entertaining.:)

Jt0323 said:
I agree

Here is my apology...
:monkeyr:

Says the 2 highschoolers acting like highschoolers. Its one thing doubting the guy, its another calling him names... grow up.

pwn3dyo said:
sometimes people have information before its released to the public. This was one of those cases. I think you weren't wrong for calling him a troll. After all 4 posts, just registered today claiming a major player was injuried for the season. that happens often, and with no reliable link its usually a fraud. Although, it wasn't a fraud, and he deserves an apology. He was just releasing information before the press got it. I would like other FH members to do that, thats partly why i visit FH. I can find out dolphin news that isnt on espn yet. this was that case.

Great point. That is why I visit FinHeaven every day. If the poster doesn't have a source I take it with a grain of salt but I think its ridiculous to constantly bash people who are passing on things they heard even if they havent been verified. Great post to break your cherry on

Phinz4Life said:
I for one wouldn't apologize. If you post serious news like that without proof, you're deserving of what comes to you. Quit sucking up to him just to make yourself look better. Finheaven's reaction was totally correct.

you're a very angry young man... you know that? :cooldude:

it's a football game... not superpower espionage... take a sedative...

Phinz4Life said:
You shouldn't, you acted totally right. Never just accept something without a source. News and reports are NOTHING without sources.

:rolleyes:

good lord, boy.....get over yourself.....:shakeno:

your argument: "he didn't give his source" is WEAK!!!:evil:

Jt0323 said:
this has nothing to do with the miami dolphins there fore this is in the wrong spot...u should of posted this in spam section...this will wind up getting moved

I'll take the crow....make it a double!!!

Muck said:
All I want is for people to stop being asses to each other here and rushing to judgment on everything.

:woot:

You all aren't going to start hugging and what not now are you....? :lol:

I think now that we all know who Press coverage is (or do we?), I think people will respect whatever info he has. I for one do not blame people for calling him a troll, If you call him something personal, which i have a hard time thinking there were a lot of people who did, and i am not searching high and low for those who did, then it is wrong.

But to come on here with no one having a clue who this guy is, and we still really do not know who he is, is certainly not wrong to question someone,It is only human.

I think the original thread by Press should have been a simple one like "i know someone in the press and it is soon to be reported that Will Poole has damaged his knee and may be out for the season. I know i will get ripped cus you dont know who i am but it will happen regardless. Have a nice day."

and never say another word because you know damn well that people are going to react in such a manner.......

Back
Top Bottom