Apologies to "Press Coverage" thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Apologies to "Press Coverage" thread

I think Press Coverage is Armando Salguero. This is his way of getting back at the board for constantly berating him. He knew the masses would jump all over this. :)

Muck said:
You called him a troll in the original thread.

Took about an hour for him to be proven right. Yet he doesn't deserve acknowledgment?? How about a little maturity.

All I want is for people to stop being asses to each other here and rushing to judgment on everything.

I'm sure I'll get the obligatory "whatever Muck, you're a suckup" posts now. :rolleyes:
totally agree people. Stop being a$$es to eveyone under 500 posts. You didn't just doubt him, you insulted him. BTW, I said nothing because of the extreme fear what he was saying was true. Now I"m really bummed out.

finfan54 said:
I think now that we all know who Press coverage is (or do we?), I think people will respect whatever info he has. I for one do not blame people for calling him a troll, If you call him something personal, which i have a hard time thinking there were a lot of people who did, and i am not searching high and low for those who did, then it is wrong.

But to come on here with no one having a clue who this guy is, and we still really do not know who he is, is certainly not wrong to question someone,It is only human.

I think the original thread by Press should have been a simple one like "i know someone in the press and it is soon to be reported that Will Poole has damaged his knee and may be out for the season. I know i will get ripped cus you dont know who i am but it will happen regardless. Have a nice day."

and never say another word because you know damn well that people are going to react in such a manner.......

To be honest, I dont think we even have to worry about anymore information he has and in what way he posts it. The way he was treated, we're lucky he's even still posting on this site. I think it's highly unlikely he'll ever give us the head's up news again. Way to go! (Of course, this isn't aimed to the people who simply were skeptic, or apologized)

Oh yeah, my 2 cents. Calling someone a troll is a derogatory statement... I dont care how it is used or if it's common forum terms.

He absolutely deserves apologies. What's the source? What's the source?:yell: If there were a source for everything, what would be the purpose of linking to Finheaven for news? I can read it from the source.:rolleyes:

Phinz4Life said:
I for one wouldn't apologize. If you post serious news like that without proof, you're deserving of what comes to you. Quit sucking up to him just to make yourself look better. Finheaven's reaction was totally correct.

How old are you?? To be skeptical is one thing but to berate and insult him because he didn't have a "link" to verify his commments is completely another. He was definitely not deserving of the insults he received from a good number of the members here and for you to justify the reactions of some of the posters just shows your lack of maturity.

everybody here acts like their saban or wayne h someone posts a thread that others dont like or agree with and jump all over them cause they think they no better we r all fans of the dolphins no one here has the right to belittle others the people that bashed him shouldnt post for a while though u know his user name thats all u know u dont know the poster it could be any body. u guys should check ur attitudes at the door

Where I think people made their mistake is, the guy gave an ETA so to speak. He said one or all of the big three by tomorrow. He said he'd take a banning if he's proven wrong, etc. That right there alone is enough for me to sit back and wait. It's not like we were waiting for a trade to happen or somebody to start 4 months from now. We were talking a few hours. Very little patience was required.

Press Coverage i am very sorry for the way that i treated you yesturday for calling you a troll. I guess i need to wait to see if there is any news before i judge a person.

Thanks for the head-sup Press-coverage. Most of the people in here really do appreciate it, even if a few jumped on you too soon.
Now on to the real issue, what do we do now for another CB.
Hey finz4life. Sorry man, you dont have a leg to stand on (IMO), just let it be water under the bridge.

Good job PressCoverage! I still will take most news reported around here with a grain of salt until confirmed, but, you came through. Steven Wine called my cousin back last night around midnight to confirm a couple of his "people", as he called them, did hear that Poole had a knee injury and that it was serious, but couldn't give any more information than that. He never did deny the story last night, just that he wasn't aware of any situation with Poole or any other Dolphins player concerning injury. I guess Alex Marvez' sources are better than Wine's. Anyways, I was wrong and i'll admit it.... Again, Good Job Presscoverage..

Void said:
Says the 2 highschoolers acting like highschoolers. Its one thing doubting the guy, its another calling him names... grow up.

Since he was quoting me, I'm assuming you're questioning my maturity. If you notice, I didn't call him names. Learn to read before you accuse me of name calling. And what does being in high school have to do anything with it? Often times age reflects nothing about maturity.

And you too...

so-long-Ricky said:
How old are you?? To be skeptical is one thing but to berate and insult him because he didn't have a "link" to verify his commments is completely another. He was definitely not deserving of the insults he received from a good number of the members here and for you to justify the reactions of some of the posters just shows your lack of maturity.

If you go and read my posts, I'm not defending those that started insulting him majorly. I'm defending those who became scapegoats for just questioning his news because of a lack of a source.

Once again, what does age have to do with this? It's below my avatar, I have no reason to hide my age, but to label me based on age alone, I'd say thats rather immature.

I missed this entire episode, but I did read that thread twice.

I dont think it was that bad.

I do not think anyone was particularly cruel. Its just the internet. If you post "big news" in any forum, that covers any topic, you had better understand that people will want a source. If you dont have one, coupled with the fact that you only have ONE POST in that forum.......people are going to burn you at the stake.

Press knew he would get "flamed" for posting that without credibility (posts) or a specific source(link).

He also knew he would have four threads apologizing to him the next day.

Brilliant!

Welcome aboard Press......

Muck said:
Where I think people made their mistake is, the guy gave an ETA so to speak. He said one or all of the big three by tomorrow. He said he'd take a banning if he's proven wrong, etc. That right there alone is enough for me to sit back and wait. It's not like we were waiting for a trade to happen or somebody to start 4 months from now. We were talking a few hours. Very little patience was required.

With all due respect Muck, I always see you asking for a link and saying it's almost a requirement. Why was it not important that Press had one? I've seen you ask for a link and saying if they didn't have one then the thread dies. You've said it was important and common sense for people to post a link. I don't see why it's different because he gave us a ETA. He was a new poster, and you know 99.9% of new posters with important news are mostly trolls.

I love the "But he didn't name a source, so I can bash him" posts. What do you think happens to the source if he names it? Think Saban will storm into his office with a big cake, thanking him for giving away information prematurely?

Of course he can't name his sources you idiots.

Back
Top Bottom