Are a couple crappy wins really worth it guys? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are a couple crappy wins really worth it guys?

Image result for josh rosen
We have him at least another year. Coach him up.

This.

And I fully expect the Dolphins to blow all these picks to move up, and unfortunately, they have to.

Nothing would be more devastating than coming away from this disaster with Fromm, Love, Eason, etc. I'd rather lose all the picks to get Tua or Burrow. It's an unfortunate situation to be in though.
How did "losing all the picks" work out for Ditka when he traded away EVERYTHING for one player; Ricky Williams?
It would be foolish to expend our picks to move up.

How did "losing all the picks" work out for Ditka when he traded away EVERYTHING for one player; Ricky Williams?
It would be foolish to expend our picks to move up.

The Saints made the playoffs his second year, the first time in 8 years?

Unless I’m wrong we are 2.5 games up on cinci right now with them having 6 games left.

add that to their coaching relative to ours and yeah we aren’t getting the top pick.

smh

Thing is, we play the Bengals, so if Miami were to not win another game from here on, while the Bengals beat us and manage to beat one more team, the are picking behind us.

I know it's a lot of If, that probably will not happen, but my point is the Bengals are really not that far from us, and coaching getting the best of the Dolphins or not, we extremely lack talent, we have a great deal of tough games still to come, and Fitzpatrick will turn to Fitztragic eventually.

No reason to kill yourself on this, what will happen, will happen, and as long as Miami is playing hard, I don't care if they win, lose, or tie.

Last edited:
If the coaching staff continues to improve why can't we draft any QB prospect and coach him up?

It's not all about Tua anymore.

There's a limit to what coaching can do. They can't take Grant and coach him up to a DT. They can't take Henne and make him Marino.

My head tells me no wins, my heart tells me win out. It may hurt their draft position in getting the QB "WE THINK" they desire, but what it's doing is building the culture. Not only does Miami have a ton of draft picks, but they have a TON of money to spend in free agency. These meaningless wins IMO are showing players around the NFL that there very well could be something special going on in South Florida.

Many times it's the almighty dollar that sways free agents to a team, but those aren't the type of players Miami is going to be in the market for. As Fins fans we hate them, but the model the Patriots have used for years works. You want players that put the team first. If this staff can get meaningless wins with this roster, imagine what they can do with the personnel they want in there?

Miami got free agents before because they paid them. While they will still pay a couple of them, they will not be the top paid free agents, just not how things work anymore in South Beach. They will however get the right free agents that will give this roster a shot of talent that is going to come in and play hard and let the money work itself out.

I am very excited for this franchise for the first time in a long time. I love what I am seeing from this staff. I wasn't on board with Flores, but I gotta say I am quickly jumping on the Flores bandwagon. The staff seems to be on the same page and the discipline we are seeing from this team is something we shouldn't take lightly. This was the most physical game I have seen from the Dolphins in a long time. If this is what Flores and his staff can bring to Miami then sign me up, I'm a believer.

Have we become so emotionally brittle that we crave the satisfaction of a 4 win season instead of a 2 win season over the possibility to set the team up in the best situation possible for the coming years?

Are all these crappy threads about wins we have no control over really worth it? Seriously what good will rooting against the team do? Please somebody tell me, what good will it do? Are we all supposed to be mad because the coaches and players have done (twice) what they are trying to do? If our rotting interests had any influence over anything I could understand these threads a little more BUT THEY DON'T. To me the most intelligent fan is the one who understands how great it would be to get the 1st overall but also understands what we want has no control over anything. With any competence losing every game is HARD. There are so many teams out there, some of which posters consider good, that can give away a game at the drop of a hat. That's the NFL in 2019.

Also, nice calling Hoyer a 3rd string QB when he was signed to be the backup after Luck retired. He's a former starter who's never been less then a backup in the NFL. He's not that good but acting like he's Jake Ruddock or Luke Falk is a big time reach. What the hell is wrong with this place. It's like fantasy land.

Have we become so emotionally brittle that we crave the satisfaction of a 4 win season instead of a 2 win season over the possibility to set the team up in the best situation possible for the coming years?

We are already "situated" with so many draft picks for the next two years. With three 1st round draft picks, specific placement doesn't carry as much importance.

We are already "situated" with so many draft picks for the next two years. With three 1st round draft picks, specific placement doesn't carry as much importance.
Why not? I think the fact they have 3 actually puts more weight in the positionning advantage...

Back
Top Bottom