Are a couple crappy wins really worth it guys? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are a couple crappy wins really worth it guys?

I’m not even sure we can give too much credit to the coaching staff yet. We beat a bad Jets team and a Colts team on their 3rd QB. Pointless wins that will hurt our draft position in all rounds. Totally not worth it.

So scrubs, no talents, and 'couldn't make another team's PS' guys beat two bad teams with a roster some say is the least talented team in NFL hx, and the coaching staff gets no credit?

I get that players want to win.

I want what’s best for us. giving away draft assets because we dropped a couple meaningless w’s to get in position for a qb is well...

so Miami.

cincis already figured out that finley is a 2 deep. I could have told you that in the preseason.

I think it’s hilarious that you guys think they are gonna be content to leave their jobs to chance at the qb position by being content to take “whatever’s left”

no way in hell. Nothing gets you fired faster than the qb position.

I bet they at least try to get to 2. Cinci will put the call on speaker phone so the whole front office can have a full belly laugh.

A well reasoned answer to the title for this topic requires each of us to consider a number of points. The first is the concept of meaningful practice reps and game reps are valuable for the development of players. Meaningful reps require intelligent, maximum effort from each player on offense and defense. For offensive players, they need a QB that consistently operates the offense, challenges the players to step up, and rallies the players with leadership. I would argue that Fitz fits the bill for the previous statement. If you believe the meaningful reps are meaningless, then you will think these wins are meaningless.

The second important concept is whether talents trumps every other aspect of a football game. If that is your position, then you will hate every win this year. Just to be clear - this requires you to believe that coaching has limited impact, culture is of limited value, and schemes and maximizing talent is of limited value.

The third important concept is winning one-on-one matchups drives consistent winning football. The more talented player is expected to win more of the one-on-one matchups leading to advantages that may be leveraged into wins.

There are more concepts that divide this board, but these three do help illustrate why the board is so polarized. My stance on the three concepts I mention is I do believe the meaningful reps matter, I do not believe talent trumps all other aspects, and I do believe talent is important for winning one-on-one matchups. The first two concepts are why I do believe that the games matter. The third concept is why I recognize that we are paying a cost for the wins.

So scrubs, no talents, and 'couldn't make another team's PS' guys beat two bad teams with a roster some say is the least talented team in NFL hx, and the coaching staff gets no credit?
I said too much credit. So, some credit should be afforded, and rightly so. I think it shows that we do have a coaching staff that is headed in the right direction. However, they are really making a mistake by winning these games.

Show me proof that getting the 1st pick vs the 10th pick will be better for our franchise long-term? The patriots haven't picked in the top 10 in like 20 years, and they are perennial Super Bowl favorites.

I'm all for getting a talented QB, but this upcoming draft has 4-5 QBs in the first round likely (kind of like the year we drafted Ryan Tannehill). If you recall that year, who was drafted 1st? RG3. Getting the 1st pick doesn't fix anything.

Quit acting like you know getting Tua or Burrow or whoever at pick 1 will guarantee success. You are as clueless as everyone else, drafting is a giant crap-shoot, especially if there's no culture or scheme fit to pair with the pick (like how we drafted Charles Harris, an OLB, to play DE).
Well if you get the 1st pick you can always trade back to the 10th pick while picking up next year's number 1 and an additional 2nd this year. This way you have 2020 1st - 10th pick, 2021 1zt rounder, 2020 2nd rounder 10th pick approzimately. Your way you only have the 10th pick

The team is destined to make bad choices. They choices they make never work out. Name one choice that has worked out
If that's your premise, then it's a irrelevant anyway, isn't it?

If the staff is incompetent, which seems to be your position, no single player, no matter how good individually, makes us a winner.

I said too much credit. So, some credit should be afforded, and rightly so. I think it shows that we do have a coaching staff that is headed in the right direction. However, they are really making a mistake by winning these games.

OK, I was picking a nit. If the roster is as bad as some claim (it isn't), it's hard to give the coaches too much credit.
Back to topic, FH has far too many threads about (or turned into) 'too many wins' or 'meaningless wins' as if all of Findom should agree or be convinced into agreeing. I WANT the Fins to win . . . every game. Sorry for those who disagree, but I've been a fan since, well, glance at my ID. Fans on neither side are wrong. It's opinion

I get both sides of this debate. It is a tough one, and very emotional. I was very conflicted yesterday when I saw Miami go up 16-12. (At least the Jets, Browns and Falcons won also)
But we have no clue how the draft will play out yet. Tua might stay...hell, he might even drop for some odd reason. I figure Burrow to Cinci no matter what- but we can talk about Cinci tanking and getting the #1 overall...but for what? That team is poorly run, has been forever, and nothing Burrow does is going to change that. That team held onto tradeable assets at the deadline. Good God almighty, so dumb. And stubborn. Their owner wasn't even in the country at the deadline.
...I agree this year it is better to draft 1 or 2 than 5 or 6 or 8. But there are never any guarantees with the draft. Maybe Herbert or Fromm ends up being the best of the bunch in the long run. Just because we don't draft 1 or 2 doesn't mean all is lost. There are still 7 games to go. A lot can happen.

The team is destined to make bad choices. They choices they make never work out. Name one choice that has worked out
Fitzpatrick is turning into the best safety in the NFL and Tunsil is now rated as one of the best LT‘s in the league. These two were choices made by the Dolphins in the first round of the draft but unfortunately they
are playing their best football for the teams the Dolphins traded them to.

Simple. The players and coaches are trying to win, the fans have zero input in the result and the FO stripped the team of talent to lose.

The record and draft will take care of themselves. Just enjoy the ride.

I feel like you have these cliche sayings saved so you can just insert these meaningless phrases when appropriate. How many years can you post jibberish like 'enjoy the ride' until you realize how ridiculous you sound? This is around year 20 of irrelevance, give or take. How's that ride treatin ya? You enjoying it?

I feel like you have these cliche sayings saved so you can just insert these meaningless phrases when appropriate. How many years can you post jibberish like 'enjoy the ride' until you realize how ridiculous you sound? This is around year 20 of irrelevance, give or take. How's that ride treatin ya? You enjoying it?
Incoming poop or roll eyes smiley. You've been warned :lol:

Fitzpatrick is turning into the best safety in the NFL and Tunsil is now rated as one of the best LT‘s in the league. These two were choices made by the Dolphins in the first round of the draft but unfortunately they
are playing their best football for the teams the Dolphins traded them to.

And Drake looked very good in his one chance
All players 25 or younger
its why i have had such a hard time with this purge of the roster
This is what we will be looking for in the draft when we had it already

Guys we have sooooo much money next year and tons of draft picks. Do I want Tua or Burrow? Of course I do? Would I be excited if we ended up with Young, Fromm, and Wirfs/Biadasz/Humphrey combo in the first round? Damn right I would be.

Like other posters have said we have the ammo to move up and grab one of the power 2 if we really wanted to (assuming the redskins get that #2 pick) and honestly, if we traded all 2 first rounders (ours and steelers) this year, and one of next years first for Tua...I wouldn't be opposed to it. I know many would think that is stupid but I really do see him as a game changing talent that can take a team and put it on his back while we build around him. Even in that scenario we would have 2 first round picks this year, and 2 first round picks next year...and Tua Tagovailoa...

Lets just see how it shakes out. I'm starting to think we will finish 4-12. I think that will put us around 5 when drafting. Enjoy watching our team grow guys. Its better than watching them get worse every game...

Back
Top Bottom