Are the Dolphins considered a team in a rebuiding phase? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins considered a team in a rebuiding phase?

I don't think Miami is rebuilding. The D is solid. The o line is the biggest concern. They need a complete retool.

Duke Johnson showed what a physical back can do and that shouldn't be hard to find in the 3rd or 4th round. Johnson, a draft pick and Gaskin should be ok at RB.

1st and 2nd round go lineman and wide receiver depending on how they fall.

You need to resign Ogbah, he's your highest priority. Roberts and Hollins should be retained as well. Gesicki would be nice but also as many have pointed out he isn't a top flight TE since his blocking is terrible and he's always in the slot. If you can retain him for reasonable cost so be it, if not he can walk. Dalton Shultz would be a fine replacement presuming you don't draft a TE.

With all the cap we have there isn't a reason to not resign him. We need to clean that offense hardcore.

Great question.

How much were the Dolphins held back by the coaching staff? The team went 19-14 over the last two years with huge coaching questions. Can a qualified offensive line coach help salvage the careers of some young linemen?

Joe Burrow looks like an emerging star and maybe the next Aaron Rodgers type.

Maybe that's a good example of the need for skill players. Cincinnati doesn't have a very good offensive line.

I think Miami can contend with the right coach, but clearly the Dolphins need talent on offense.

With all the cap we have there isn't a reason to not resign him. We need to clean that offense hardcore.
Gesicki isn't a franchise WR so if he thinks he's gonna get tagged as one he's delusional. He's a pass catching TE with bad blocking. He can improve his blocking with the correct teaching so his best option is asking Miami to tag him as a TE and trying to work at not being a one trick pony in 22.

Well we fired our coach so we’re going to get new schemes, which requires new players, etc.

Yes, we’re rebuilding.

If we had Duke Johnson at the beginning of the season we probly beat the Falcons and the Jags and make the playoffs.
Maybe, but that still wouldn’t change the fact that we are light years away from teams like the Chiefs and Bills.

We would’ve gotten crushed had we made the playoffs this year.

Gesicki isn't a franchise WR so if he thinks he's gonna get tagged as one he's delusional. He's a pass catching TE with bad blocking. He can improve his blocking with the correct teaching so his best option is asking Miami to tag him as a TE and trying to work at not being a one trick pony in 22.
Was a fan because of the upside, don’t see much upside anymore, I want him and his price tag gone. He’s a waste of space. We can do better

We are in rebuilding. Whole offense needs a new approach, and we do not have a head coach. We need new receivers, running back, offensive line, and QB and TE are in limbo, and there is little depth. Basically a rebuild, from scratch.

Either way, we are looking at a complete rebuild once again or hiring a coach who thinks we have pieces in place and needs some tweaking so we’re at the mercy of who they hire. But I just wanna be playing football in January once in a while for Christ sake

Either way, we are looking at a complete rebuild once again or hiring a coach who thinks we have pieces in place and needs some tweaking so we’re at the mercy of who they hire. But I just wanna be playing football in January once in a while for Christ sake
Me too. I just want us to have a legitimately good team. I trust that once that happens the rest will fall into place, including getting into the playoffs.

Yes. Especially when they have so few players on offense that can play consistently well.

Back
Top Bottom