Are the Dolphins considered a team in a rebuiding phase? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins considered a team in a rebuiding phase?

Was a fan because of the upside, don’t see much upside anymore, I want him and his price tag gone. He’s a waste of space. We can do better
What price tag? He played on a 2m contact in 21, peanuts for that production.

People assume there can't a be a suitable agreement reached between the team and Mike. They already have him making 12m a year and well he very well might it doesn't mean you can't get a team friendly deal which is basically a three year deal with an out for less. Parker signed a very similar deal prior to restructuring his contact.

So many options it's dumb and shortsighted to just let Gesicki walk.

What price tag? He played on a 2m contact in 21, peanuts for that production.

People assume there can't a be a suitable agreement reached between the team and Mike. They already have him making 12m a year and well he very well might it doesn't mean you can't get a team friendly deal which is basically a three year deal with an out for less. Parker signed a very similar deal prior to restructuring his contact.

So many options it's dumb and shortsighted to just let Gesicki walk.
I’m not saying to just let him walk, yes would be stupid
But you know as well as I do these guys have a little production they want to cash in big after the rookie contract
He really doesn’t do anything well except one handed catches, I think for the money even if it’s not much we can do better with an all around TE
Would like to see Long and see what he’s made of. Keep Durham for depth, he has a few catching plays he does well with
But I believe we need to draft another option and say goodbye Mike and take Shaheen with you

Miami isn’t rebuilding. Retooling perhaps but that isn’t the same. A rebuild is what they started in 2019. There’s no need to do that again at this point.

I think we're more in a building phase. I think we have a lot of pieces in place that can be a successful team. We need to add a couple of pieces and, more importantly now, the right people to lead them.

I kind of equate it to when the Bulls had Jordan and were starting to do well with Doug Collins but needed a different coach to take that next step and hired Phil Jackson.

The question is can we hire the right person.

Rogers nor wilson want to get killed behind our offensive line.
If i were rogers a CA kid i would want 49ers if not staying

When you dont make playoffs you are always rebuilding. Rogers will want to play for 49ers. He is actually a west coast guy. Now if brady retires rogers will play in tanpa. Ormaybe tennessee if tannehill got cut

We are no closer to a championship now then we have been in the past 20 years. We will be lucky to get 8 wins next year. And Rodgers coming here, never happening. I bet he goes to SF. If SF had Rodgers, they would destroy everyone.

We are no closer to a championship now then we have been in the past 20 years. We will be lucky to get 8 wins next year. And Rodgers coming here, never happening. I bet he goes to SF. If SF had Rodgers, they would destroy everyone.
That’s a very ignorant outlook. Teams change positions on a yearly basis. Even we went from 5 wins to 10 wins the following year. Before you make that declaration let’s see who we hire, coaching staff assembled, free agency and the draft.

That’s a very ignorant outlook. Teams change positions on a yearly basis. Even we went from 5 wins to 10 wins the following year. Before you make that declaration let’s see who we hire, coaching staff assembled, free agency and the draft.

Agreed.

Im actually looking forward to next year. We are finally at a point where I believe the right hire gets us over the next step instead of just going back to the first again like usual.

I’m not saying to just let him walk, yes would be stupid
But you know as well as I do these guys have a little production they want to cash in big after the rookie contract
He really doesn’t do anything well except one handed catches, I think for the money even if it’s not much we can do better with an all around TE
Would like to see Long and see what he’s made of. Keep Durham for depth, he has a few catching plays he does well with
But I believe we need to draft another option and say goodbye Mike and take Shaheen with you
This is fair. me personally I would work to re-sign him to a team friendlyish deal.

Back
Top Bottom