Are the Dolphins considered a team in a rebuiding phase? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins considered a team in a rebuiding phase?

Pew Pew Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Some teams will improve, and some other teams record shows they haven’t. We don’t need to discuss specific philosophical reasons, or even put blames in specific areas. I will get into specifics here, and even use examples to make my point. Teams like the Bengals are a good example.

The Bengals are being led by a qb that missed most of last season, a rookie. Notable rookies like chase are making headlines. This is a team still rebuilding, but they are showing results. The Bengals just have a higher ceiling while on a rebuilt, but so are the Dolphins as well. The only difference is that we don’t have the right pieces together in the most important positions. The Bengals have a passing game to keep their team competitive, and we don't. In addition to that the Bengals defense is very underrated, and if the Bengals are already in the playoffs with a defense that still needs more pieces together, that would be a scary team in the future. Enough with the Bengals talk, the point that I am trying to get to is another point, and that point is how free agents are viewing our team.

Quoting Aaron Rodgers from yesterdays' interview:

"I don't want to go to a team that is rebuilding at this point in my career"

If we were pursuing veterans during this free agency that would be a key to building a stronger team, would these Veterans perceive our team as a team that requires an extreme rebuilding that is beyond seeing immediate results, or a team that is a few pieces away from competing with the best teams? How many coaches actually believe we are pieces away from contending, and how many of these coaches have what it takes to get us to the playoffs and compete?
Oh for sure.

Questions at QB, OLINE (complete rebuild), Wide Receiver room, and Running back room & Offensive coaching staff. New schemes need to be installed, and massive roster turnover is coming.

Obviously, Aaron Rodgers would solve the Qb question, but the entire Offense needs a rebuild as there are very few pieces that would be considered championship contending quality, especially if reliability is a concern (i.e. Nearly the entire Wide receiver room).

Honestly, if Aaron Rodgers wants to leave Green Bay, best landing spots for him (not considering cap room) would be New Orleans Saints, Los Angeles Rams, 49ers if they want to replace Garoppolo, Tampa Bay if Brady retires.

Those teams would be super bowl contenders straight away with Rodgers as they already are without him. That’s probably more of what he is looking for.

Me too. I just want us to have a legitimately good team. I trust that once that happens the rest will fall into place, including getting into the playoffs.
That’s it, once we finally get over the hump we will be consistent as an organization and leave the last 25 years behind us

I would call it a building phase not a rebuilding one.

Rebuilding requires there actually being something in place but this team was starting from the ground up when they hired Flores.

I know this season ended on a big negative note but I would have gone into this off season with some legitimate optimism had they not stupidly fired Flores.

I would call it a building phase not a rebuilding one.

Rebuilding requires there actually being something in place but this team was starting from the ground up when they hired Flores.

I know this season ended on a big negative note but I would have gone into this off season with some legitimate optimism had they not stupidly fired Flores.

So what you are saying is that the dolphins are not rebuilding. Rebuilding is almost a term loosely used but we can dum it down to starting from scratch (to an extent). What you are saying is that the Dolphins are like the Bengals, except the playoff wins.

Tough to rebuild when it's literally been decades since we've even had something to rebuild.

Know what I mean?

Why in hell would we be still in rebuilding mode? It is more like we are 7 pieces away from contending for the playoffs consistently. We need 4 360+ lb. hogs upfront (2 T, C, LG) get these players (RT: Terron Armstead LT: Eric Fisher C: Ryan Jensen LG: Brandon Scherff) We need 2 compliment WR's combined with Waddle: (WR: Christian Kirk & Chris Godwin). DeVante Parker will become a role player deeper on the depth. We need a Bruiser RB combined with Johnson and Lindsay (RB: Cordorelle Patterson). Gaskin as a scat back or role player back he will go deeper down the depth chart. Make Gesicki a Slot WR not a TE. Pay him Slot WR extension or let him walk and sign Schultz (who is a good blocker and reciever). Keep Smythe, Shaheen, & Long. We need to re-sign Ogbah. We need a Back Up QB who will be in competition to start with Tua (via Trade or sign one). I am not going into this next season without competition. I like Tua but, I still want a battle in OTA's and Training Camp. Pre-Season battle to see who starts Week 1. If its Tua fine we then know he is better than the BU. This team is set defensively. So its not a re-build. Its a re-fining on the offensive side of the ball. Mostly Coaches. OC, OLC, and etcetera. Hopefully the new Head Coach is smart enough to do what is right to compete right away or we will be in the same GROUNDHOG DAY movie of the past.

Last edited:
How can we be rebuilding when we haven't built anything to begin with?

Until you know 100% that you have your QB, your always “rebuilding”.

No, but we could be by this time next year depending how things go.

This is the part where you fix up the worst remaining units and see if the team can win.

With the picks we have next year, I imagine a new HC will try to win now while evaluating who he wants to keep if we don't.

Back
Top Bottom