Are the Dolphins considered a team in a rebuiding phase? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins considered a team in a rebuiding phase?

That’s a very ignorant outlook. Teams change positions on a yearly basis. Even we went from 5 wins to 10 wins the following year. Before you make that declaration let’s see who we hire, coaching staff assembled, free agency and the draft.

Another horrible post by you. How many playoff wins do we have in the past 20 years? Who are we going to hire, Gase 2.0? Philbin 2.0? Vance Joseph lmfao? Out of the candidate’s we have interviewed, all of them will fail and have us looking for another coach in 2 to 3 years. Miami is quickly becoming a failed franchise.

Another horrible post by you. How many playoff wins do we have in the past 20 years? Who are we going to hire, Gase 2.0? Philbin 2.0? Vance Joseph lmfao? Out of the candidate’s we have interviewed, all of them will fail and have us looking for another coach in 2 to 3 years. Miami is quickly becoming a failed franchise.
The only thing that is horrible is your negative outlook. You gonna keep bitching about what the Fins did in the past??? You’re even bitching about what they haven’t gotten to yet. LOL
Can’t imagine going thru life with that attitude

Anytime you bring in a new head coach, there is somewhat of a rebuilding process while they acquire the talent they want. How deep that process goes is largely related to whether or not the new coach wants to roll with Tua or go with a different QB. FWIW, I see several posters feel the defense needs very little or is likely set as is, but that will depend on the new HC's vision for the defense. Right now, it is great in cover zero, but whenever they move to a base defense or zone, they routinely get shredded. I wouldn't bank on the new HC being content with the current personnel.

I would say that Miami is truly only a few pieces away, but that is also somewhat contingent upon talent on the offensive line developing. From my experience watching football for a few decades, you usually only need one or two really very good lineman in order for the rest of the line to suddenly come together (gel) and act as a cohesive unit. Having that one really good lineman immediately makes the guys next to him look proficient. Similarly, you can't have a hole in the wall because that defeats the wall -- you can't have someone so terrible at the lineman position that they are constantly being blown up -- we've had this in the past even while the rest of the line was decent.

The few pieces Miami needs: a top QB, very good to elite HB, one more very good WR.

That's it. That is literally it. If Miami acquired Rodgers, Wilson, or similar, added a really good running back, and another good receiver I would predict playoffs for them. Maybe even a Superbowl push. What else does a team with a solid defense need? A good coach, yes, and a good front office. If we got those three pieces, though, then I would say we have a good front office...

And because I know we won't get those things, probably, I would say we don't have a very good front office. Seems so incredibly obvious.

The Dolphins are in the process of hiring a new head coach who will be hiring new assistants and implementing his own system. He will want to bring in his own players for this system and there are still many holes to fill on the team, especially on offense.

In my view the Dolphins are still a rebuilding team and I really don’t see Rogers or any veteran QB wanting to come play for the Dolphins at this time if their goal is to go to a team that is ready to contend for a SB next season. At this point, I think it will take at least 2 more years of rebuilding before the Dolphins are a playoff caliber team and they are a long way from being close to the Chiefs, Bills Titans, and Bengals in regards to overall talent on their roster.

Back
Top Bottom