Are The Dolphins Rebuilding Or Tanking? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins Rebuilding Or Tanking?

Rebuilding or Tanking?

• Rebuilding

Votes: 57 74.0%
  • Tanking

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Neither, we're gonna roll like that past 20 years

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Im :surr: on this tanking thing. Fine. Call it tanking even though you are not going into Sunday looking to throw football games no matter what QB you have behind center. What is that? That's ridiculous. They are going to gameplan looking to win football games.

But fine, call it whatever you want. It's this simple and this difficult:

Fix th cap.
Find a QB.
Influx of youth via draft/sigings.
Implement the systems.

I'm not sure that it's getting the attention it deserves- our cap problem is as bad as our QB problem.

If we continue the status quo, we'll finally draft the QB of our dreams only to never be real players in the market when the time is right.

What the bleep are you writing about?? Are you a math teacher??

I didn’t say we were tanking for the first overall - we are tanking because we have to rebuild from the ground floor and that is why Flores has a 5 year deal because he is safe - he did nothing to earn a 5 year deal - so clearly this was negotiated

He knows it the owner and GM kno it and you kno it too

Man ....You're all over the place .

I'm a rocket surgeon and thanks for asking.

You didn't say we we were tanking - but then say we are tanking ?

Flores did absolutely nothing to earn the job? ....Nothing???? :nah:

And what did Gase do to earn a 5 year deal ??? Other than bounce around on 5 teams.

Tell me who has the better resume Flores or Gase????

Brian Flores ( 1 NFL team ) 2004 - 2018
4 Super Bowl champion (XXXIX, XLIX, LI, LIII)

---------------------------------------------------------

Adam Gase ( 5 NFL Teams ) 2003 - 2018

0 superbowls

Last edited:
Im :surr: on this tanking thing.

Fix th cap.
Find a QB.
Implement the systems.

This is rebuilding.:chuckle: fix the cap is getting rid of the older higher priced vets or and you forgot purge the prior coaching staff.

I disagree we won’t be a PO team by year three

Not by year three...????.......that's ludicrous.:nah:

If your not a playoff team by year three,something is seriously wrong.

After a rebuilding, year 1 is a wash.

This is the objective year 2-5.

Year 2 on the verge of a wild card, Year 3 wildcard/but in the PO. Year 4-5 conference final.

Last edited:
If Luke Falk, Jake Rudock, or David Fales is behind center in game 1 on...it's a tank job.

Last unofficial tank job was 2011...guess who was the captain of the ship that year?

So Cadwell tanked for the Colts so he could leave in 2012 and Co-ordinate the Ravens during Andrew Lucks rookie season?

Im :surr: on this tanking thing. Fine. Call it tanking even though you are not going into Sunday looking to throw football games no matter what QB you have behind center. What is that? That's ridiculous. They are going to gameplan looking to win football games.

Fix th cap.
Find a QB.
Implement the systems.

I'm not sure that it's getting the attention it deserves- our cap problem is as bad as our QB problem.

If we continue the status quo, we'll finally draft the QB of our dreams only to never be real players in the market when the time is right.

You’re correct. We are rebuilding/ tanking whatever you would like to call it and people on here are advocating signing Flower, resigning James and looking for a bridge quarterback. All the while our cap and roster is a mess. You have 13 mil in cap space and more to come after Tannehill is released and some of the others. You have holes in the roster at Qb and interior O-line. No true TE. On defense, they are implementing a new defense that requires more db’s on the field which we don’t have along with 3 LBs, one of which can cover (Baker). We have no DE’s but people are on board for signing Flowers @ 15 million a year in year 1 of this rebuild. Then in the back of our defense we are spending 23 million on 2 SS who are not cover guys but in the box guys. I’ll take what everyone is having that has rose colored glasses on. This team needs to trade down in the next 2 drafts when they can, to acquire more picks. We will be taking our lumps the next few year but in no way do I want to see them early in a rebuild sign high priced Free Agents.

Not by year three...????.......that's ludicrous.:nah:

If your not a playoff team by year three,something is seriously wrong.

After a rebuilding, year 1 is a wash.

This is the objective year 2-5.

Year 2 on the verge of a wild card, Year 3 wildcard/but in the PO. Year 4-5 conference final.
u can skip the wash yr. now and have verge of playoff this yr or wildcard.

You’re correct. We are rebuilding/ tanking whatever you would like to call it and people on here are advocating signing Flower, resigning James and looking for a bridge quarterback. All the while our cap and roster is a mess. You have 13 mil in cap space and more to come after Tannehill is released and some of the others. You have holes in the roster at Qb and interior O-line. No true TE. On defense, they are implementing a new defense that requires more db’s on the field which we don’t have along with 3 LBs, one of which can cover (Baker). We have no DE’s but people are on board for signing Flowers @ 15 million a year in year 1 of this rebuild. Then in the back of our defense we are spending 23 million on 2 SS who are not cover guys but in the box guys. I’ll take what everyone is having that has rose colored glasses on. This team needs to trade down in the next 2 drafts when they can, to acquire more picks. We will be taking our lumps the next few year but in no way do I want to see them early in a rebuild sign high priced Free Agents.

I wouldn't be mad at all, at all with trading back.

And I would LOVE Flowers. The upside on Flowers due to knowing the coach/system with his youth and talent is the kind of player you build with.

But what can we do? We are not, or shouldn't be, buyers in the high-end market right now.

And if we don't get the cap right, when we finally have our a QB, a nice core of youth (hopefully through the draft), once again we won't be able to get in the game when a Flowers type hits FA in the future.

So Cadwell tanked for the Colts so he could leave in 2012 and Co-ordinate the Ravens during Andrew Lucks rookie season?

I'll let you be the judge:

"Back in September of 2010, we reported that Peyton Manning had been injured sometime during or before the Week One game against the Texans. It was a season-long odyssey reporting on this rumor, which we (and by 'we' I mean myself, Matt Grecco, Collin McCollough, and David Deitz) viewed as very credible."

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/5...k-injury-likely-did-happen-during-2010-season

Combine that with the fact that they bypassed the 2nd string QB (Orlovsky) in order to bring in a retired/shot Kerry Collins who tapped out to 3rd string, Curtis Painter.

This is the same Orlovsky that led the Colts to their only wins of the season...the verybend ofnthe season, once the "suck" was official.

It's not hard to tell....

If they wanted to win 8-8 they would keep Tannehill. thill17 should of been gone 2 yr ago or his replacement should of been on roster 2 yr ago. that past only thing we can do is sit back and see if it work out for dolphins in future. it same talk in Feb- Aug. hearing dolphins talking in off season. it like winning superbowl in march.

If James is resigned and Flowers is signed there’s no tank. If neither happen then I’d say it’s a tank. Intentional or not , having one offensive lineman and zero defensive ends going in to the draft is a ticket to 1-15.

They don’t want to win or come close to average that is tanking

People get so hung up about words. - their best chance is Thill - so why not stand behind your signed Qb?? clearly they don’t want to be average any longer - they want to fill by failing first - this is what tanking is - if they cared about winning they would prop up Thill as their starter (rah rah rah) and settle with a qb prospect to push him - but they didn’t say that - so they are prepared to lose big And that again is what tanking is -

Clearly they still win too many games for the first OA I think they kno this already and the QBs class is looking prime so they don’t need to be first oa next year

And this prospect will be thrust in - chances of a PO return for 2 years is sketchy

They don’t want to win or come close to average that is tanking

People get so hung up about words. - their best chance is Thill - so why not stand behind your signed Qb?? clearly they don’t want to be average any longer - they want to fill by failing first - this is what tanking is - if they cared about winning they would prop up Thill as their starter (rah rah rah) and settle with a qb prospect to push him - but they didn’t say that - so they are prepared to lose big And that again is what tanking is -

Clearly they still win too many games for the first OA I think they kno this already and the QBs class is looking prime so they don’t need to be first oa next year

And this prospect will be thrust in - chances of a PO return for 2 years is sketchy

You know why????

Because it's easier not to Tank than it is to try and get away with tanking.

There's only one team in 40+ years in the NFL to have a high probability of going through the motions to get their QB and the Dolphins are going to attempt it?

Why not just rebuild,win as many games as possible in 2019 and you can and trade your 2020 #1 and 2021 #1 and a 2020#2 for your QB in 2020 if that's what it takes????

R. Jones will be 33+ by the time phins could be strong again. He has a large contract but is it possible a team would fork over a third round pick for him anyway? Anything less and I'd rather they kept him.

Back
Top Bottom