Are The Dolphins Rebuilding Or Tanking? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins Rebuilding Or Tanking?

Rebuilding or Tanking?

• Rebuilding

Votes: 57 74.0%
  • Tanking

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Neither, we're gonna roll like that past 20 years

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
They don’t want to win or come close to average that is tanking

People get so hung up about words. - their best chance is Thill - so why not stand behind your signed Qb?? clearly they don’t want to be average any longer - they want to fill by failing first - this is what tanking is - if they cared about winning they would prop up Thill as their starter (rah rah rah) and settle with a qb prospect to push him - but they didn’t say that - so they are prepared to lose big And that again is what tanking is -

Clearly they still win too many games for the first OA I think they kno this already and the QBs class is looking prime so they don’t need to be first oa next year

And this prospect will be thrust in - chances of a PO return for 2 years is sketchy
forget about thill17. it time move on.

And the winner is....... Rebuilding.

It seems Ross under his 10 years as an owner was sick of taking the short term approach with high priced free agents.

By the end of 2020 we will see the light.

2021 we're shooting for 9-7.

elton_0.jpg

Hold me closer tiny tanker...

Silly...

Obviously rebuilding

in the shape of a tank.

The signing of Fitzpatrick at quarterback seems to indicate more of a rebuild. Otherwise, would have rolled with Faulk or the other quarterback signed from Detroit.

As one poster said already "potato, potatoe". Well I will add "tomato, tomatoe".

The Colts lost their starter and decided to roll with a guy named Chris Painter. Did they actively "tank" or did they make a business decision for the long term viability of their franchise?

At this point, is really doesnt matter. This roster as currently constructed will experience a lot of growing pains in 2019.

The signing of Fitzpatrick at quarterback seems to indicate more of a rebuild. Otherwise, would have rolled with Faulk or the other quarterback signed from Detroit.

I see a disconnect between 'we're tanking' and concern Fitzmagic will win 'too many' games. Even if there is indecision, there is the possibility Fitzmagic MIGHT win games. IMHO, if the true tank were locked in, Flores et al wouldn't gamble with a guy who could win more games than desired.

I see a disconnect between 'we're tanking' and concern Fitzmagic will win 'too many' games. Even if there is indecision, there is the possibility Fitzmagic MIGHT win games. IMHO, if the true tank were locked in, Flores et al wouldn't gamble with a guy who could win more games than desired.
It is interesting. I think the team has a lot of options.

Maybe Miami waits until 2020. They likely would be happy with a few quarterbacks from that draft even if Tua would be their top choice.

The Dolphins could also use additional picks acquired for 2020 to move up this year if they love a quarterback from 2019.

Starting to get a little worried that it's a rebuild rather than a tank, the latter being what I think the team really needs, if only for one season. And I'm starting to get that sense from the fact that Mando is reporting that the FO is really starting to take a close look at the QBs in this draft, although I admit you wouldn't be doing your job if you weren't.

Admittedly, I know nothing about evaluating quarterbacks and it's a very inexact science for those that do it for a living. I tend to get worried however when QBs just shoot up the draft rankings. Sometimes it works out like with Mahomes, but the majority of the time you end up with Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles, or even QBs that end up being starters but that aren't as good as they're cracked up to be, like DeShaun Watson, Trubisky or even Carson Wentz. All three of those them quickly stepped into playing for good teams. The Dolphins will not have that for a while.

So again, I hope we stick with the plan of using our higher picks on selecting very good players at infrastructure positions rather than taking a shot at a QB that has question marks but who you're married to for a while. Even if we don't end up with the first pick next year, we should be getting a quarterback that's at least as good as anyone that would be available now, and at least he'll be coming into a situation where there's more of a finished product.

People talk about the Mahomes model, I think the better option, or at least the better option that's available to the Dolphins, is the Ben Rothleisberger or Russell Wilson model, which is to have the pieces in place for your QB to succeed immediately.

I'm a huge fan of Tua so I'm hoping it is a tank which can be called a rebuild for PR purposes. To me this would be the year to invest draft picks on both sides of the line.

I wouldn't mind to see Miami spend their 1st on T.J. Hockenson which could help the OL and Tua in 2020. The Fitzpatrick signing is a bit of a head scratcher if the plan is to secure the #1 pick in the draft for 2020. Anything outside of a top 3 pick in the draft next year there is a good chance Miami would need to give up valuable resources to get a QB they desire and that is assuming the teams in the top aren't in need of a QB upgrade.

It will be interesting to see the direction Miami takes this year in the draft with Flores being a defensive coach in NE. If Oliver, Gary, White or player of that caliber are available when Miami's on the clock if Flores might be inclined to push Grier to go defense. Truthfully, Miami has so many holes they can draft for any position and they will have addressed a position of need.

I'm a huge fan of Tua so I'm hoping it is a tank which can be called a rebuild for PR purposes. To me this would be the year to invest draft picks on both sides of the line.

I wouldn't mind to see Miami spend their 1st on T.J. Hockenson which could help the OL and Tua in 2020. The Fitzpatrick signing is a bit of a head scratcher if the plan is to secure the #1 pick in the draft for 2020. Anything outside of a top 3 pick in the draft next year there is a good chance Miami would need to give up valuable resources to get a QB they desire and that is assuming the teams in the top aren't in need of a QB upgrade.

It will be interesting to see the direction Miami takes this year in the draft with Flores being a defensive coach in NE. If Oliver, Gary, White or player of that caliber are available when Miami's on the clock if Flores might be inclined to push Grier to go defense. Truthfully, Miami has so many holes they can draft for any position and they will have addressed a position of need.

First, a tangential comment. I think it would be interesting to have posters here rank needs by priority. I get Miami has several holes with varying degrees of depth, but everyone here know not all holes can be filled in one year.

Back to topic, the RF signing puzzles me to. If the goal is to maximize the chance of getting a top QB in '20 (I'll avoid the 't' word), why gamble on a QB with the possibility of winning 5-7 games? If Tau is available in '20, and if he's THE target, it looks to me as if Miami has to be #1 pick. Anything less means the team with the #1 pick will take him regardless what Miami offers.

Back
Top Bottom