Are we being ruled out too early. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we being ruled out too early.

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
I was watching Total Access and the crew were discussing the Pats & Jets as if they were the only 2 competing for division.

Lombardi was very critical, Stating O'line was not good, Bush would not be every down back & DT is cause for concern due to fumbling issues. Henne was not even mentioned and he believes we would decline this year.

Correct me if Im wrong, but the Jets have an ageing roster, have lost Ellis, Woody, Edwards & Cotchery and are considered run aways for 1st/2nd spot. I just dont see it.

We have an improving young D, which will be better this year, with the addition of Burnett at ILB, together with Odrick, Merling & Edds returning.

We have a new OC, improved O'line, Marshall in 2nd year with Henne and 2 young & improving WR's. I think ppl under estimate Hartline. He had over 600 yds in only 12 games. If he had played full season statistically you are looking at over 800 yards, in same bracket as Bess. It is then not inconceivable that we could have 3 1000 yard recv. With the addition of Bush we also now have a legitimate return game. Dont forget we also resolved our early ST problems which cost us at least 2 games.

I for one am really positive going into new year. IMO our problems on O'line last year, will benefit us this year, with the depth and competition available as well as finally getting some cohesiveness.

Realistically I see Pats winning division, but I see us coming 2nd with 10 wins :up:

I stopped watching NFLN. I don't want to hear about the Jets, Eagles and Patriots for an hour. Lombardi is a huge Pats homer and Dukes is a complete moron. It's almost as biased as ESPN now.

jets will def take a step back this year, i bet money. pats will be tough. as long as henne takes the good stuff he has been doing in camp and do the same thing on game days we should be 2 in the east fighting for a wild card birth. i think the best the jets will be is 8-8

What fumbling concerns does Daniel Thomas have? Legit question because this is the first time I've heard about it...

You have to give the Pats their due. They deserve to be mentioned and favored among the Elite teams in the NFL let alone the AFC East.
The Jets however tinker on that fine line that we know all too well, if Sanchez plays well they have a chance to replicate their results over the past two years. But I along with many others feel they are going to fall off this year.

With all that said, if Superbowls and Division Championships were crowned at the beginning of the year, there would be no reason to play the games. Every year certain teams find themselves surprisingly up, and others surprisingly down... with no rhyme or reason of why either happen.

They can write us off all they want, and crown paper champions all they want.... none of it matters until the games are played.

It happens. Mediocre teams who don't make a gigantic splash are destined to finish with the same record. I personally think this team has progressed, while the Jets have regressed, and I'm hoping Brady doesn't have another insane year like 2010. Every year there's 2-3 teams that didn't make the playoffs the year before that will this year, a la the Chiefs, Seahawks, Steelers, Bears, Falcons who made it in this year that didn't. I hope this is our year to leapfrog the Jets. All networks do is predict all the teams from last year will make it again this year, and when they "reach" on a prediction, they usually get it wrong because it's all just a guessing game. I know my team better than any TV personality, and nobody should write this team off.

I think we have significantly upgraded ort offense, with Gates, Clay, Bush we have added playmakers you get "chunk" yards which is what we needed. Our change in philosophy alone is a big swing.

If we can get Jake healthy and start having a competition at RT and could have a much better than anticipated line. Especially if Garner or Murtha step up and play RT and a good level, that would leave one spot open and we can easily fill that with a rotation or bodies and that solves our line problem.

That could lead to a very good running game and Henne seems much more comfortable with this kind of system and will progress not to mention our D will take another step this year as we have Odrick, Edds and Merling not to mention Jones may take the FS job.

These analysts don't follow the teams a closely as the fanatical fans do, so I'm not expecting them to know the ins and the outs of where our improvement has been outside of "what's on paper". This is a completely different offensive complexion, with fresh legs (lockout) and more speed (Bush, Gates, Clay, Pouncey). The implementation of this new wide open offense, will only help to unleash the speed we loaded up on. From all reports, Henne looks more confident and seems much more comfortable in this offense than he ever did in Henning's system. I for one, kinda like that we're being overlooked, nothing like having your @$$ kicked by the geek who's a closet 3rd degree blackbelt.

Go Phins!

We have an improving young D, which will be better this year, with the addition of Burnett at ILB, together with Odrick, Merling & Edds returning.

We have a new OC, improved O'line, Marshall in 2nd year with Henne and 2 young & improving WR's. I think ppl under estimate Hartline. He had over 600 yds in only 12 games. If he had played full season statistically you are looking at over 800 yards, in same bracket as Bess. It is then not inconceivable that we could have 3 1000 yard recv. With the addition of Bush we also now have a legitimate return game. Dont forget we also resolved our early ST problems which cost us at least 2 games.

I for one am really positive going into new year. IMO our problems on O'line last year, will benefit us this year, with the depth and competition available as well as finally getting some cohesiveness.

Realistically I see Pats winning division, but I see us coming 2nd with 10 wins :up:

Apparently you haven't heard....we suck, just read some threads around here no need to find out from anywhere else. Don't feed us BS that we have improved everywhere from defense to offense because C.Henne apparently can't even hold J.Beck's jock. Apparently QB's have their careers decide in their first 3 years and can no longer improve after that. Some of the great posters around here even have stated C.Wake will only be worse not better this year.

Please don't ruin this site by presenting beliefs that we could be pretty decent this year because you will be labelled a "homer" and obviousily have no idea what your talking about. Fall in line and repeat after me as loud as you can... we suck and everyone else is better!

Err... playoffs aren't a likely thing for us at the moment but aint no way in HELL that we take a step back from last year. I don't care what Daboll's offense ranked, anything is better than Henning's offense. Anything. A better offense alone will get us a few games up than if we had Henning. Not worried about our D at all, and special teams should be better from a return standpoint.. coverage.. who knows.

Apparently you haven't heard....we suck, just read some threads around here no need to find out from anywhere else. Don't feed us BS that we have improved everywhere from defense to offense because C.Henne apparently can't even hold J.Beck's jock. Apparently QB's have their careers decide in their first 3 years and can no longer improve after that. Some of the great posters around here even have stated C.Wake will only be worse not better this year.

Please don't ruin this site by presenting beliefs that we could be pretty decent this year because you will be labelled a "homer" and obviousily have no idea what your talking about. Fall in line and repeat after me as loud as you can... we suck and everyone else is better!

There is a reason why they call it Any Given Sunday. Call me a homer or not but every year I feel we have a chance.

lol all networks are "Biased" toward ny and boston teams LMAO . . ok . . thats why you couldnt even flip through ESPN in the winter without HEAT hype. u ppl gotta get over that crap already.

Back
Top Bottom