Are we being ruled out too early. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we being ruled out too early.

Nobody is giving the Dolphins a chance because they simply don't have a chance. The Pats and Jets are CLEARLY better teams and obviously made more moves in the offseason too. Right there you're already behind the eightball. Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Chargers, and Chiefs are all CLEARLY better too. You could probably make a case for the Texans too, since Schaub>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Henne.

That's life, accept it.

:lol:

This is some pretty weak trolling. You're gonna have to step it up to get the reaction you're going for...

This is some pretty weak trolling.

Hey scro, I'll let you in on a little secret...if I was trolling you, you wouldn't see it coming--you'd have been trolled by now. :lol:

What I just stated was fact...if you can't accept that the aforementioned clubs (except maybe the Texans) are better than the Dolphins, then you have no credibility and should probably start following a different sport. Maybe women's soccer would be easier for you to grasp...

The beauty of the NFL is that anything can happen.... but I can see why theyare favored.

Patriots: Top 5 QB in the league, offseason acquisitions that fit in wellwith Bellacheats history of turning attitudes into success. (I hate him, haveno respect for him) but will give credit where credit is due.

Jets: Amazing run game, strong O line, the best CB in football and an allaround good defense. They definably are a veteran team but I do not thinkenough of them will age suddenly to bring them down.

Crazier things have happened in the NFL however.... Because I do not likeeither of the front runners I am pulling you this season (with the exception ofweek 4)... but while not impossible I see why the bets on the division will besplit between the pats and jets.

The talent level of this team is measurably better. My opinion is that everyone should go place the over bet on the Fins. I would flabbergastted if we do not Win at least 8 games this season.

- Marshall's hip limited his production last year
- Hartline is better
- The offensive line will be better
- Bush will increase our average points per game by himself (3 TSS are enough to make that statement true)
- Ronnie & Ricky were horrible last year
- The inside linebacker is fixed
- Daboll's offense will be better

Ireland Has not gotten enough credit this year. Once he knew there was not a fix available for QB, he has brought in talent to addresss most of the issues on the team.

if you think the odds makers in vegas are wrong
you can cash in on the dark horse dolphins
put down a hundred dollars if they win it all that's 4000 dollars
feeling confident put down a grand that turns into 40 grand
with that you can buy a foreclosed house :p

Hey scro, I'll let you in on a little secret...if I was trolling you, you wouldn't see it coming--you'd have been trolled by now. :lol:

What I just stated was fact...if you can't accept that the aforementioned clubs (except maybe the Texans) are better than the Dolphins, then you have no credibility and should probably start following a different sport. Maybe women's soccer would be easier for you to grasp...

And you go straight to insults. Classy. You'll be gone come week 1 and everyone on this board knows it, which is why no one is paying any attention to you. You're not relevant, and neither is your team...

Bills fans acting all big in the offseason... classic.

It happened last offseason too. They came out of the woodwork promising a winning season on the back of Spiller. They weren't seen again after week 1...

It happened last offseason too. They came out of the woodwork promising a winning season on the back of Spiller. They weren't seen again after week 1...
It's especially funny considering the fact that the Bills havn't been relevant in several years. At least Miami has the potential to be a playoff team and has made the playoffs once in recent memory. I, for the life of me, cannot remember the last time the Bills even sniffed the playoffs.

And you go straight to insults. Classy. You'll be gone come week 1 and everyone on this board knows it, which is why no one is paying any attention to you. You're not relevant, and neither is your team...

Scro, I was here before you and I'll be here after you. These are things we know.

Your cookie-cutter comebacks are great, though: "I bet you won't be here once you guys start losing!!!! hahahahaha oh f*ck me i really told him!."

Btw, where was the insult you're alluding to? To suggest that Miami is better than any of those aforementioned teams is an insult to everyone's intelligence, however.

Are you sure you wanna go down this road? :lol:

Scro, I was here before you and I'll be here after you. These are things we know.

Your cookie-cutter comebacks are great, though: "I bet you won't be here once you guys start losing!!!! hahahahaha oh f*ck me i really told him!."

Btw, where was the insult you're alluding to? To suggest that Miami is better than any of those aforementioned teams is an insult to everyone's intelligence, however.

Are you sure you wanna go down this road? :lol:

Go down what road? Arguing with a troll? I'll pass. Just entertaining that you Bills fans are only around before games are played...

Go down what road? Arguing with a troll? I'll pass. Just entertaining that you Bills fans are only around before games are played...

Does everybody in Albucraque lie like you do? Your parents would be very upset, I'm sure they raised their son better than that...but seeing as you're a self-admitted hipster, lying is the least of your worries. :lol:

I was watching Total Access and the crew were discussing the Pats & Jets as if they were the only 2 competing for division.

Lombardi was very critical, Stating O'line was not good, Bush would not be every down back & DT is cause for concern due to fumbling issues. Henne was not even mentioned and he believes we would decline this year.

Correct me if Im wrong, but the Jets have an ageing roster, have lost Ellis, Woody, Edwards & Cotchery and are considered run aways for 1st/2nd spot. I just dont see it.

We have an improving young D, which will be better this year, with the addition of Burnett at ILB, together with Odrick, Merling & Edds returning.

We have a new OC, improved O'line, Marshall in 2nd year with Henne and 2 young & improving WR's. I think ppl under estimate Hartline. He had over 600 yds in only 12 games. If he had played full season statistically you are looking at over 800 yards, in same bracket as Bess. It is then not inconceivable that we could have 3 1000 yard recv. With the addition of Bush we also now have a legitimate return game. Dont forget we also resolved our early ST problems which cost us at least 2 games.

I for one am really positive going into new year. IMO our problems on O'line last year, will benefit us this year, with the depth and competition available as well as finally getting some cohesiveness.

Realistically I see Pats winning division, but I see us coming 2nd with 10 wins :up:

Pasties: For five years, I've heard people say the pasties are finished..well, I'll believe that when I see it...ain't happened yet. They made some good moves with some questionable folks. Unlike our recent history, they seem to do well with reclamation projects and I suspect this won't change this year. You can say their drafts have slacked off since Pioli left, and be accurate, however, like the JJ years in Dallas, when you have so many picks, you're bound to get more than your share right...They are still the class of the division until proven otherwise. Brady and BB are still there, so there's no reason to think they're not at the top of the list.

Jests: Talk all you want about wind-bag Ryan, but it works. They've been to the AFC Champ. game for 2 yrs in a row. On paper they've digress in personnel this year, but Tannenbaum is one of the best GMs in the league, so don't count them out. Ryan for all his blubber mouthing, his teams back it up. Much as a Fins Fan can, I admire that in his teams. You can argue the passing prowess of Sanchez, but he's been able to enough to get them into the show. They did retain Holmes. The rest of the WRs are at least adequate if not rising in ability... They have a solid run game and the D is as good as Ryan thinks they are... I don't see them digressing by much yet...

Barfalo: Don't follow them too much (why should I)...They seem to have added some decent players this year and those higher round youngster from the last few years' drafts are due to start showing their ability. Chan Gailey knows offense (remember he made RW the NFL rushing leader with a patchwork OL...). Edwards and Wanny have coached D well in the past...They may not contend, but lets not forget they exist...

Fins: Obviously, I have better knowledge about us than the others in our division. Ireland/Sparano are on a one year trial, that usually doesn't work in the NFL. Ross has already tried to dump Sparano, next time he won't miss.

The OL is a mess again. Unsettled, players being moved around (admittedly not as bad as in the past). What is Long's status ?? Who's the RT, Murtha ?? Garner ?? Columbo (hope not) ?? Will an interior of Incognito, Pouncey, Carey work ?? Is Ritchie still being used out of position ?? Carey was a good RG a the U, but he's been a T since then and a good RT and decent LT. Questions abound here...

The WRs are solid but still no elite speed. Bush may be the fastest starter on O but he's a (gulp) feature back, not a WR. Fasano is a journeyman TE and adequate, but he can't bust the seams. Are the youngsters behind him our "David Martin" 2nd TE ?? A few questions here....

RBs: Bush is our feature back...really ?? Never done that, injury prone and mediocre stats on a team full of great offensive stats in his 5 yrs there. Thomas is a rookie and has looked good so far, but is he the answer ?? Sexy Lexy might be Daboll's next Payton Hillis but does anyone really expect that ?? Sheets...young and unproven and coming off a serious injury, Grigsby...young and unproven. Questions abound here....

Defense: Indications we should grow and be even better in this phase of the team. However, Nolan's D's tend to digress in their second year. There is still a question surrounding the S positions. None of the 3 youngsters there remind you of Reed, Polaomalu or Sanders and Bell showed his age a bit last season...The rest of the D looks like it's up and coming. We have a question at backup OLB as JT is NOT the guy we had even 2 seasons ago, so overall, there are questions here...

STs: Have been awful for several years. Are they going to improve ?? I don't see any returners on this team yet. We've lost several key STs blockers in FA... Questions abound here....

The games will decide how good we can/will be and whether the jests, pasties and barfalo are players or not in the PLayoff sweepstakes, but what exactly leads anyone, even Fins fans to believe that we are not, at least, 3rd best on paper in our division ??

Back
Top Bottom